UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3

youbastards

Man, that picture irritates me, because it's wrong. MKI is a collection of non-working parts. MKII is GONE. MKIII is scrap. MKIV is also gone, turned into MK IV. MKV is scrap. MKIV is Scrap. MKVII is the only armor he has left and/or works. Yet all 7 are there, shiny and new. :/

Yeah, I don't get why he couldn't have just rebuilt them... Nothing says he can't. And all they need to do is have a throw-away line about how he rebuilt them, and bam. Done.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to double-post, but there's one more new pic and while it is possibly not major i will not post it for spoilery reasons, but there seems to be another villain(s?) we're being introduced to, and while i appreciate the Marvel nod....IT'S TOO CROWDED.

It's shows:

A sign outside a building for Advanced Idea Mechanics. So...now everyone that steals Stark tech is an AIM guy? I was hoping when AIM was introduced we'd get Beehivers and it'd be a HYDRA sect. Not Iron Man baddies. Sigh...

You know, I thought we already met them in Avengers. At least I assumed that's who it was.

Not to double-post, but there's one more new pic and while it is possibly not major i will not post it for spoilery reasons, but there seems to be another villain(s?) we're being introduced to, and while i appreciate the Marvel nod....IT'S TOO CROWDED.

It's shows:

A sign outside a building for Advanced Idea Mechanics. So...now everyone that steals Stark tech is an AIM guy? I was hoping when AIM was introduced we'd get Beehivers and it'd be a HYDRA sect. Not Iron Man baddies. Sigh...

You know, I thought we already met them in Avengers. At least I assumed that's who it was.

I assumed they were just other "SHIELD" knockoffs for other countries, not all of them being a coalition like it. It'd make for a nice conspiracy, but this would be a weird way of introducing it.

EDIT: Well, more government SHIELD then military SHIELD, since they really didn't approve of Fury's team.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Good news. Iron Patriot isn't in the film.

Well, technically. It has the potential to be "named" the Iron Patriot, but this suit is an upgrade of War Machine and will be worn by Cheadle while the military still owns it. The guy in the suit isn't Dale, it's a stuntman. So......no Patriot. GOOD.

(Also explains the lack of War Machine in Avengers for all ridiculous critics who couldn't get past him not appearing in that film.)

Well, technically. It has the potential to be "named" the Iron Patriot, but this suit is an upgrade of War Machine and will be worn by Cheadle while the military still owns it. The guy in the suit isn't Dale, it's a stuntman. So......no Patriot. GOOD.

(Also explains the lack of War Machine in Avengers for all ridiculous critics who couldn't get past him not appearing in that film.)

as i was saying, i felt it was a bit ridiculous that everyone thought normans patriot would be in this film :P

as i was saying, i felt it was a bit ridiculous that everyone thought normans patriot would be in this film :P

Well, obviously. But it was the point that it would be a main character at all, let alone a villain called the Iron Patriot. As it stands, it's unlikely Cheadle will have a huge role and the suit even less, which is the big upside.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

while i doubt this is official, it is interesting casting, i wouldnt be surprised to see Ross coming back into the marvel film-verse through the Ironman movies, and if Banner has been working with him as suggested in Avengers, then Red Hulk is a possibility. Falcon is an odd choice since id think they'd introduce him in Cap 2, but if they go the ultimate route, Sam was working with SHIELD as one of their top scientists, so it could make sense...and notice that the black widdow they have is the blonde Yelena Belova Black Widdow, meaning the second blonde widdow who i believe had ties to AIM and the whole Super Adaptoid events. Anyway i doubt this is real casting, but its interesting :P

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, there was way too much gold on the armor they showed Saturday. It's basically the reverse of the previous armors: a kind of weird buttery platinum/gold with a few red accents. Maybe a callback to when he was "the Golden Avenger?" It looks more to me like one of the silly repaints Hasbro does to sell more toys, like "Hyper Electro Burst Iron Man" or something. Anyway, it doesn't really float my boat. I loved how closely to the Adi Granov design they stuck in the first movie; it looked sleek and clean. Every iteration since then has added more kludgy plates and seams and flaps and kibble. This is the exact opposite of what I'd imagine the Extremis armor to look like, if that really is going to be the storyline for the next movie. Maybe he'll cycle through three armors in this one...

Edited by Lobsterman

• 2 months later...

I dunno. Full-body shots of WarIronMachinePatriot are growing on me from a design standpoint. Like the stars on the hips. As a character it seems stupid, but the design isn't terrible. (That said, if it was supposed to be the actual Iron Patriot, i would have hated them changing the design like that. The original IP design is killer.)

Iron Man...needs to tan in the sun for a bit.