UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3

youbastards

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just another thing i wanted to point out, this is obviously been known for a long time, but I still love that his armor was Mark 42 :) thats a great little reference that helps support all the little comic easter eggs that are also throughout the movie (including the one with Happy at the end)

That quote from Shane Black makes no sense to me. If the Mandarin is such an unknown and forgettable character, wouldn't you want to challenge that and make a great and memorable portrayal of him?What they did just does the opposite of that.

That quote from Shane Black makes no sense to me. If the Mandarin is such an unknown and forgettable character, wouldn't you want to challenge that and make a great and memorable portrayal of him?What they did just does the opposite of that.

It wasn't that HE is unknown and forgettable, his stories are. Fans understand that the Mandarin is Tony's "Red Skull" because Mandarin was written to be that, but never really had a meaningful story.

The Mandarin being popular enough was what they knew would get people in the seats, but technically i would say they DID give a memorable portrayal. It's just not the portrayal most fan would want. Quite frankly, I'd argue that this is most meaningful story the Mandarin has had recently; not many people even liked Fraction's recent story.

• 8 months later...