UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 'Best of ' wave

buttheadsmate

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this time we deliberately tried not to include characters that had just been made very recently.

One two-pack has been guessed already.

Sorry, last hint. smile.png

Hmmmm.....

So - Politician has got one of these right:

Human Torch/War Machine

Cyclops/Magneto

Carnage/Ben Reilly~Scarlet

Hawkeye/Ultron

And one of these 2-packs is right:

Human Torch/Mole Man

Lizard/Black suit Spiderman

Professor X/Juggernaut

Antman/Wasp

Abomination/Hulk of some sort

Scarlet Spider/Hobgoblin (Would we class Scarlet Spider as a Spider-Man?)

Luke Cage/Iron Fist (white outfit)

Beast/Iceman

I'm not sure how recently 'very recently' means, but i've crossed off everyone who had a minimate come out in 2013. What do we think guys?

What Scarlet Spider minimate came out in 2013?

I'm guessing the Scarlet Spider/Hobgoblin set was the correct guess as it could also tie into the Deadly Foes of Spiderman set

Black Panther and Namor would work as a good complimentary two pack. Just saying. Trying to think in terms of logical two packs.

Iron Man/Thing and Daredevil/Venom were not exactly natural pairings. Hulk/Loki wasn't really a thing in the comics, either.

And I think a few characters from the fan poll made it in here.

Considering these hit later this year, 2013 is not recent.

So the ones from the fan poll that could be in are

Abomination

Apocalypse

Luke Cage (modern)

Multiple Man (Classic)

Team X Wolverine

Iron Man 2020

Hydro Armor Iron Man

Bulked up grey hulk

Extra rocky mutated thing

Edited by winkerbean

I still really think it's going to be Human Torch and Mole Man. Fits the FF pattern but obviously Zach mentioned this wave is a bit different. The only logical packs left are Antman/Wasp and Spidey variant/Spidey villain to tie into the movies that will follow this wave.

Edited by Politician

So the ones from the fan poll that could be in are

Abomination

Apocalypse

Luke Cage (modern)

Multiple Man (Classic)

Team X Wolverine

Iron Man 2020

Hydro Armor Iron Man

Bulked up grey hulk

Extra rocky mutated thing

You forgot Cap-Wolf, and I'm pretty sure Zach mentioned it was actually designed at one point...

i've been holding out on buying the Iron Fist that came out a year or two ago, hoping that they would release a new one with a (much needed) modern Luke Cage, so that would be where my vote went. an updated Wasp would be cool, but i would perfer her look just before Marvel Now. other than that, i'm not really sure what characters i think need a more updated look... although! a Phoenix Five Namor and Magik would be the bee's knees for sure!

im thinking this wave may be more like fan-service then the usual classic renditions of iconic characters

Isn't that every wave? smile.png I remember people not seeing the point of Series 1, especially after Series 44, then it came out and everybody loved it. It's designed for new fans (and retailers) to get characters they want the most, so the most popular and famous characters are the ones we make. And while the first two assortments were pretty much classic, a lot of those outfits were still active, with minor alterations. This assortment should be a fun mix of classics, modern classics and NOW. No Ultimates, though. I know people frown on mixing their 616.

Has it ever been stated why we still haven't gotten Weapon X Wolverine? I'm referring to the dome on the head torn shorts just got the adamantium Wolverine.

I'd buy it! Wires might be tricky, but Ask DST!

Wasn't the "Hulk/Loki thing" why the Avengers got formed? wink.png

In 1963, yeah. I assume they met again, but it's not like they had a series of grudge matches, or a famous rivalry or anything.

You forgot Cap-Wolf, and I'm pretty sure Zach mentioned it was actually designed at one point...

IF we did another Cap, I'm not sure that would be it.

a Phoenix Five Namor and Magik would be the bee's knees for sure!

I think Phoenix Five outfits might not make sense for this particular line.