UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toy Fair 2012

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Questions for Zach:

1. What is the red "box" beside Box? An alternate blaster hand?
  2. Will the wave 44 Giant-Man actually come accessorized with three pairs of varying sized feet?
  3. Which human characters will comprise series 1 of the Walking Dead (same question for wave 2) and do you know if there will be a short packed mate in each wave or will there be even numbers?

They sold right through at my TRUs. Upon further reflection, I would guess the only reason TRU backed them in the first place was that they neatly dovetailed with all of the PotC merchandise coming out at the same time. They could file them with the Minimates, which a few did, or file them with the Pirate Stuff, which many more seemed to do. So, with no new pirate movies, video games, or other major media on the horizon, they probably just didn't see any reason to take a risk.

Pirates of the Caribbean toys were also a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE flop. So it could be the TRU buyers assuming that POTC toys not selling means there's not a market for pirate toys at all, rather then POTC toys being really bad and no one wanting them specifically. Kind of like how Playmates' Star Trek toys seemingly killed all other Star Trek toys.

1329444428[/url]' post='215191']

I just realized why I'm so despondent over the lack of Maximum Zombies:

THOSE COOL-ASS TOMBSTONE ACCESSORIES.

I really don't think the TWD mates will be anywhere near as cool as the Max Zombies were going to be. The quirky zombies... Cool accessories... Man I hope we get them eventually.

I really don't think the TWD mates will be anywhere near as cool as the Max Zombies were going to be. The quirky zombies... Cool accessories... Man I hope we get them eventually.

This x100.

More fun than MAX zombies?? Nope. Cooler?? Absolutely. The MAX zombies were cute and very kitsch, but some of them WERE a little out there. I think it's great we're actually getting "realistic" zombies; i like the ridiculousness of the MAX zombies, but the ones for TWD look a lot better IMO.

However, the tombstones are a MUST; i pray they still make it out.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

1329451286[/url]' post='215204']
1329450455[/url]' post='215200']

This x100.

I have to agree as well. The more I look at TWD mates, the more I like the humans better than the zombies. I'm hoping the sketchy, line work art on the zombies is just preliminary and not supposed to represent them looking like the comic art. That style just doesn't translate well to mates. If they looked closer to marvel zombies...maybe, but they dont. The Max zombies were clean, quirky and well thought out with a variety of characters and accessories. I hope they see the light of day sooner rather than later. Still, I'm a sucker for minimates and zombies, so it's guaranteed I'll buy them, and buy them quickly. :)

More fun than MAX zombies?? Nope. Cooler?? Absolutely. The MAX zombies were cute and very kitsch, but some of them WERE a little out there. I think it's great we're actually getting "realistic" zombies; i like the ridiculousness of the MAX zombies, but the ones for TWD look a lot better IMO.

This.

If a zombie apocalypse happened, I can't imagine coming across too many clown zombies. 458345.gif

This x100.

This -1,000,000

Can't wait for TWD!!

Well, look. I don't hate TWD. But they were announced and I went "Oh. Mates from a comic I don't read any more. I guess I'll get those. Maybe they'll go on clearance."

When MZ was announced it was "HOLY FRACK THESE ARE THE COOLEST THINGS EVER I'M GETTING 10 OF EACH!!!!!"

I mean, the fact that I can't even be bothered to spend more than a second looking at TWD mates coverage, but stared at the Max Zombies for 3 days, and have 3 of the 2 packs and 2 of the singles... The excitement just is not in the Walking Dead line. It's all for Maximum Zombies.

That's just my 2 cents worth though. YMMV.

This.

If a zombie apocalypse happened, I can't imagine coming across too many clown zombies. 458345.gif

Zombieland. Zombie. Clown.

That's all I have to say about that...

I mean, the fact that I can't even be bothered to spend more than a second looking at TWD mates coverage, but stared at the Max Zombies for 3 days,

Dude, we have GOT to get you more of a life.

I mean, the fact that I can't even be bothered to spend more than a second looking at TWD mates coverage, but stared at the Max Zombies for 3 days,

Dude, we have GOT to get you more of a life.

I didn't men 3 whole days. That's just silly. :P

But if you have extra life laying around, I'll gladly take it. :(

Tell me a clown zombie wouldn't scare the living s#!t out of you.

No don't run I'm a happy clown have a balloon little boy OM NOM NOM NOM NOM

I'm not saying it wouldn't be scary (any zombie would be in real life). I'm saying unless you're near a circus or carnival (Zombieland), the chances of running into one, let alone a "herd" is much less likely than soccer moms or businessmen.

Questions for Zach:

1. What is the red "box" beside Box? An alternate blaster hand?
  2. Will the wave 44 Giant-Man actually come accessorized with three pairs of varying sized feet?
  3. Which human characters will comprise series 1 of the Walking Dead (same question for wave 2) and do you know if there will be a short packed mate in each wave or will there be even numbers?

1. yes. 2. that is the plan. 3. still finalizing the firstg assortment, but it will be structured like the shared comic/TRU waves, where specialty gets a chase figure.

I believe he meant that's the rule going forward. These lines would have been planned long before he said anything to us.