New York Toy Fair 2012

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come zombies don't run ?

28 Days Later

not zombies :no: ... 'infected', not undead

y'running zombies, look no further than the Dawn of the Dead remake... not as horrible as I'd expected.

still... zombies don't run, everyone knows this, its rule one

there were fast zombies in Zombieland, but that was just a film (albeit a very good one)

in real life... zombies are not fast

Zach Snider's remake of Dawn Of the Dead also had fast running zombies in them. Actually I think that's the first zombie movie that broke the tradition of the slow moving walkers. I like mine slow and shuffling.

there were fast zombies in Zombieland, but that was just a film (albeit a very good one)

Zach Snider's remake of Dawn Of the Dead also had fast running zombies in them. Actually I think that's the first zombie movie that broke the tradition of the slow moving walkers. I like mine slow and shuffling.

i feel the reason zombies arnt usually depicted as "runners" are due to usually being decaying corpses, if they were to run they'd break down. In TWD the infection takes longer to manifest, killing the person before they turn, meaning their body goes through rigor mortis so they're limbs may be too stiff to actually do more then walk and spread their disease. Now in some movies/books/games zombies can run, though this usually due to the zombification being done through either infection or magic.

i know... I mentioned that only a few posts up

The thought of fast moving zombies kind of makes me chuckle. At that point, I would say take away the slow moaning speech as well.

(Out for a jog in the park when I see Phil the Zombie)

Vox: Hi Phil the Zombie, how's your run today?

Phil: Heart rate is up and I'm feeling groovy Vox, thanks for asking!

Vox: Cool, cool. Well, I'll have to keep in shape to outrun you this year.

Phil: Darn tootin' you will, I'll be by later to eat your brains!

:teehee:

Actually, maybe just a half dozen, if Miles/Cap, Rhino/IM, and Box/Vindicator are a TRU wave. Still, though. (breathe. breathe.)

And Havok/Storm are in that wave, right? We've seen waves through the summer, so there's got to be room for at least one more wave. And with Vindicator/Box, how can we not suspect an Alpha Flight box set sometime this year. It's just too random.

Look how long it took to get the rest of the Outback X-Men team AFTER the TRU Betsy (with Lockjaw) was released so Alpha Flight may or may not be this year. AND we STILL have yet to see the remainder of the Inhumans outside of Lockjaw and Black Bolt so you never know!

Edited by cut2thechase

Outback X-Men are probably a lot safer (commercially) to have in a wave than the Inhumans. I WANT to see them all released. I'd love it to be in a whole wave together, but they seem more like 'Con exclusive BoxSet' material or 'spaced out through a few waves' material to me.

That 1 per case Felicia/X-23 is a worry :(

That 1 per case Felicia/X-23 is a worry :(

That... is going to make it a lot harder to give Tarantula his foot spikes.

Isn't the that the typical ratio for a standard case? Maybe there will be a custom case option for retailers, they are all offering preorders for complete sets after all.

Specialty store Series one broke down like this:

Deadpool / Dante X 4

IM / Arthur x 3

Phoenix / Morrigan x 3

Trish / Dormammu x 2

As for wave 3, Zach hasn't confirmed anything yet. I just saw the card on a website and wanted to hear from DST if it was the truth or not. Time will tell I guess. I hope it's just a typo.

Edited by MINI_MYTE