UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toy Fair 2012

Havok and Polarus on Amazon for 4 bucks in the box. With many others for less than 10.Ebay is probably just as cheap and easy to find. I think Havok was just a cheap option to add to the wave while saving costs. Part of the reason we see so many Thor/Iron Man/Wolvie/Spideys.

To say new people want to finish the team and can't find it online is bullshit. I don't think the slip on mask is a big deal at all. I loved nearly everything else from DST, but this stood out.

The focus should always be on new characters, release this Havok in 2014 after X-Factor,Brotherhood of Evil,Falcon,Kang, etc.

If they are new collectors,then why worry about finishing all the teams, they have plenty of older mates to collect.

Honest to goodness truth which I applaud .

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, how i'd love a Skullbreaker or D Pierce! But - surely they have to be on the lowest possible rung of x-related characters to be made.
No, that rung is still reserved for Gideon. :thumbsup:

Bah ha ha - never gonna live that one down, am i?

If they were going to dump Havok from this set, the choices I'd propose are:

1. Polaris as Malice;

2. Maddie Pryor as the Goblin Queen;

3. Forge.

I want all of those . . . and probably in the order you have listed too!

I can see how this particular redo doesn't seem like a big enough change for those that got the last one. But I never liked the first attempt enough to pick it up, so I'm happy to get this new improved Havok. Also keep in mind that some of the TRU sets these days have a new mate paired with an actual rerelease like Nightcrawler or Daredevil, so at least he's more "new" than getting another one of those.

Thanks for checking on that for us, Zach!

For those bothered by Rhino's bracelets, a dremel and some paint should take care of that for you.

Zach, one more question, can you provide more info on the Calico Jack army builders? Is the set definitely cancelled and can we expect to see them in series 2?

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

I have one more question:

Any particular reason why the "Best of" sets weren't shown at Toy Fair? I was thinking we might get to see some pics of the finished awesomeness before they hit.

Thanks for answering all of our questions, Zach! I'm looking forward to spending lots of money with you guys this year!

Edited by Mystery Man

So long as Colossus gets to have both the 90s and Outback X-Men looks be interchangeable I'm psyched. Um.. That IS how he's being released, right? A torso piece for 90s Colossus and a different one for Outback X-Men Colossus?

Certainly seems that way, two chestpieces, spare yellow ankle bits for the outback look. Thats all i remember, cant see the pic just now. Loving this wave, really looking forward to it... Just hope the QC is thorough

y'see, I'm really glad he didn't get the big arm parts, the shoulder pads and huge boots mean the bicep and thigh add-ons would make him too big. I don't want a Colossus bigger or quite as big as Juggernaut.

He is my mate of ToyFare, fo' sure.

EDIT - oh, the Outback look, perhaps. But then his legs will look silly, do you include the thigh parts? Then his little feet will look silly... slippery slope.

I'll only be displaying him in the classic/90s look, so... :tongue:

Edited by dj87

I concur that the bicep/thigh add-ons might make him a little too bulky, but I feel like he could use some extra leg length. My biggest problem with the powerhouse chest/waist extender combo is it tends to make the character's legs look freakishly short compares with the enlarged torso. The bulked up feet on Hulk and boots on Juggs add a couple millimeters of length to the legs, making the body wider and taller. Colossus would look a lot better with that added height here IMO. It won't be too hard to tweak on the 90's costume – you can just add some spacers in behind the kneepad thing. The Outback version is a little tougher to do without maybe just looking for new boot pieces (Juggs, Nimrod?) and painting them.

Look at how tall Box is to get an idea of where I'm going. Those Nimrod boots might be just the ticket.

Edited by Lobsterman

Any particular reason why the "Best of" sets weren't shown at Toy Fair? I was thinking we might get to see some pics of the finished awesomeness before they hit.

They hit next week, so we didn't show them, but I don't know why Diamond Comics didn't. They're Previews exclusive, after all. I'll try to get my hands on a set. Shot some nice TRU 13 pics, though. Will post later.

So long as Colossus gets to have both the 90s and Outback X-Men looks be interchangeable I'm psyched. Um.. That IS how he's being released, right? A torso piece for 90s Colossus and a different one for Outback X-Men Colossus?

That's what I was told. Also, Fastball Special hand. Dazzler has interchangeable looks, too.

Zach, one more question, can you provide more info on the Calico Jack army builders? Is the set definitely cancelled and can we expect to see them in series 2?

That's the plan! Now cross your fingers for Series 2. It won't be at TRU, which hurts its chances. When/if you see it solicited, pre-order it.

hey any chance you are going to C2E2? I got a couple Make Kang Shirts and need to know your size...

Yes, and I'm a medium. Come by the booth, I'd love to meet you all.

That's the plan! Now cross your fingers for Series 2. It won't be at TRU, which hurts its chances. When/if you see it solicited, pre-order it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :pinch:

Crap! I preordered several of that box set and it got cancelled! Wave 2 looks even better than wave one! TRU sold through on wave one, so I'm really disappointed in TRU here!

That's too bad, I was hoping that if the army builder set got cancelled, but the figures made it into wave 2, then I could just army build them from TRU. But if they aren't going to be at TRU, most online shops (aside from Luke) only sell the waves in a set, making it a lot harder to army build by having to buy entire sets.

Luke - if/when these go up for pre-order on your site, expect a very irrational order from me.

Zach, is TRU still planning on supporting the M.A.X. series?

Zach, is TRU still planning on supporting the M.A.X. series?

More broadly, is TRU throttling back on their orders of Minimates in general? The release pushbacks for all of the TRU lines this spring and now news that they're not supporting Pirates wave 2 are both a little worrisome... much more for you guys than us, I'm sure.

That is bad news for the pirates in general, as I can't imagine that comic book stores are going to embrace them. I would not be surprised if, with all the new licenses starting up, TRU simply felt like they had enough product on the shelves.

The real loser here? Boyd, and his plan to turn the pirate on the right into a pirate Thing Minimate. There's always hope, Jeff! :(

The real loser here? Boyd, and his plan to turn the pirate on the right into a pirate Thing Minimate. There's always hope, Jeff! :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... [/outrage]

They sold right through at my TRUs. Upon further reflection, I would guess the only reason TRU backed them in the first place was that they neatly dovetailed with all of the PotC merchandise coming out at the same time. They could file them with the Minimates, which a few did, or file them with the Pirate Stuff, which many more seemed to do. So, with no new pirate movies, video games, or other major media on the horizon, they probably just didn't see any reason to take a risk.