UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

They sent my Morgan and cancelled my Lori, I reordered Lori and they said they would refund my shipping... no harm no foul. Thanks Jeff the less you have the more for us!

Edited by zakkatz

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry people are having such trouble getting these sets that they're quitting the line. I don't understand why you're not taking advantage of the huge community of collectors that exists here, many of whom keep saying they bought extras for the community. To trade. Or at cost. I understand the thrill of the hunt at toy stores, but if you're already ordering them online via a Website you already KNOW you don't like...

And I'll say it again, without TRU buying exclusive sets, they would probably not buy the line at all, and we would probably be far less likely to make them.

Sorry people are having such trouble getting these sets that they're quitting the line. I don't understand why you're not taking advantage of the huge community of collectors that exists here, many of whom keep saying they bought extras for the community. To trade. Or at cost. I understand the thrill of the hunt at toy stores, but if you're already ordering them online via a Website you already KNOW you don't like...

And I'll say it again, without TRU buying exclusive sets, they would probably not buy the line at all, and we would probably be far less likely to make them.

Yeah, most people here buy extras at cost plus shipping. It sucks to have to pay a little extra to have these shipped to you but just think...you don't have to deal with TRU.com plus you're not wasting any gas driving around looking for these or wasting countless hours in search of these. It's actually a way better deal to get them from people on here if you can.

People have helped me in the past and I've helped out people whenever I can. I'm sure someone can help you out with these.

Like Lobsterman said, as Minimate collectors we aren't used to this level of popularity like collectors of Star Wars, GIJoe, Transformers, etc, so it is a bit distressing that all of a sudden there is more competiton with Walking Dead Minimates. I'm convinced everyone will be able to get the ones they need for their collection in due time, the eBay prices will plummet, and the scalpers will start passing them over when eBay isn't commanding crazy prices.

Like Lobsterman said, as Minimate collectors we aren't used to this level of popularity like collectors of Star Wars, GIJoe, Transformers, etc, so it is a bit distressing that all of a sudden there is more competiton with Walking Dead Minimates. I'm convinced everyone will be able to get the ones they need for their collection in due time, the eBay prices will plummet, and the scalpers will start passing them over when eBay isn't commanding crazy prices.

I second this statement. In my area, I've seen at least 3 sets each of wave 1 and 2 exclusives. I've been able to get my set and a set for my friend (who got me into Minimates in the first place) with little to no trouble at all each time. We've also heard of some members here stating that thier TRU has restocked multiple times. The numbers are out there, they just may not be evenly distributed across the nation

The fans/scalpers may not be evenly distributed, either. One area may have a big TWD fan base, another may not. One town may have a couple of enterprising toy dealers in residence, another may not.

I know there is a temptation to walk away from a line because it's popular -- that's been happening with early adopters since the dawn of pop culture. But I think you need to look at the community you guys have become a part of and take advantage of it. From what I see on other boards, long-standing members lord it over newbies, and are generally insufferable. I think the Multiverse is long overdue for a little smug superiority, if you guys can find a smug bone in your bodies. At the very least, let's have a little insider trading.

At the very least, let's have a little insider trading.

I think this happens more than you think, it's just so common that we don't make a fuss about it. If you look at the trade feedback thread some of those folks have literally hundreds of trades... mostly helping others out.

The smugness we have is more of a self satisfied quiet glow rather than a constant look at me buzz.

T.

p.s. As for insider trading, please feel free to send me prototypes of unreleased minimates.. it doesn't get anymore insider than that ;)

I just have way too many minimates as it is- ask Luke. It's not that I'm against trading with people here or buying it from them at cost or even the thrill of the hunt you spoke of Zach. I'm just not going hog wild with the Walking Dead license as much as everyone else is. I LOVE the show, own the trades and even bought the AMC board game- but I'm trying to restrain myself from getting everything associated with it. It's like HEROES all over again (before it sucked). If they are hard to find/come by- it's easier for me to justify not getting them anyway. Zakkatz is 100% right. If I did find them (so far I've only been able to pick up a Rick with the flared coat issue)I look to them for custom accessories. Rick's cowboy hat? It's going towards the fedora of my custom Darkwing Duck. Walking Dead is awesome but my Left 4 Dead customs fill my zombie slot in my collection.

Money is still coming your way but it's going towards superhero minimates missing from my collection- namely wave 48, Fantastic Four...............and possible this mystery movie everyone keeps talking about. :)

I can't even get mine. My first order from them and my Amazon exclusives were supposed to be delivered today, but it appears the bad weather in this weather affected both and I got nothing today. My first order was for 2 Lori's and my second was for 2 Michonnes and I'm betting I end up with 4 Michonnes.

And maybe we should have a 'cursing at tru.com' emoticon added for convenience.

Edited by groundhog7s

Despite the cancellation issues people have been having, I got my shipping notice from i-Parcel today.

Doesn't list what each item is, but I ordered all 4 sets (didn't want to risk them being labelled incorrectly) and there are 4 on their way to me.

Looking good!

Zach, I do agree with all you say, infact, someone is helping me out right now because I need extras for a friend, but I do prefer not to put people out if I can help it. I just wish, TRU could list what they have in stock for me to buy without complication.

But I'm not just talking about the exclusives, I'm talking about the others as well. I think I've seen one set (the Series 1 walker 2-pack) at two different TRU stores. I don't know if this property has suddenly become wildly popular or if collectors are hoarding them for other collectors or if speculators are snatching them up. Maybe it's all of the above but no other line – from Star Trek and Marvel to HALO and Universal Monsters – has been so elusive at retail.

I'm not in it for the "thrill of the hunt," believe me. One of the reasons I've enjoyed collecting Minimates is because they were pretty much hassle-free. Even the convention exclusives ended up online in decent enough quantities. I've never had trouble with exclusives. I like that exclusives give us characters that otherwise would not have been offered. That said, I have trouble understanding why Shane and Glenn fell into that category this time. I mean, holy Hulkbuster Armor, Batman. "Exclusive" doesn't have to mean "short-packed."

As for the community here, I'm glad others have had luck filling holes in their collections thanks to the generosity of strangers. I haven't been so lucky and quite frankly I've gotten burned here. I'd rather do business with TRU.com but after reading the comments here, apparently even that's a crapshoot.

Sorry to come off as a bitchy, entitled consumer. I know I'm just one collector and in the grand scheme I mean absolutely zero. I'm just venting in the hopes that things will change for the better when DST gets the DC Comics license. (Because if you think I'm being cranky now...)

Ok,so Im not sure how many of you know this,but The Walking Dead video game takes place in the same world as the comic. So,Zach,could this mean that we have a chance of seeing characters from the video game as mates,even though they dont come out in the comic,but live in the same world?

Ok,so Im not sure how many of you know this,but The Walking Dead video game takes place in the same world as the comic. So,Zach,could this mean that we have a chance of seeing characters from the video game as mates,even though they dont come out in the comic,but live in the same world?

No idea, but Ask DST!

A PR firm wanted to use our Mates as promo items to give out to promote the game in NYC, but nothing ever came of it.

No idea, but Ask DST!

A PR firm wanted to use our Mates as promo items to give out to promote the game in NYC, but nothing ever came of it.

I already did...

Tim T

Hi Chuck, Congrats of the Success of the Walking dead minimates, they seem to be selling out everywhere fast. I know your walking dead license just covers the comics. However I wondered how much of a stretch it would be to include minimates from the walking dead game by telltale games because it’s set in the comic universe? – BTW if you haven’t played it yet you really should!

Also please find a way to give us Carl as a slightly shorter Minimate.

DST CHUCK: Tim I’m glad you like the line, we’re so excited to be finally working on WD! I think with over 100 issues of the comic to cover we’ll stick to that for now.

As for Carl – sorry I am sticking to my position and don’t try to poison my cookies; I’ve lined up DSTZach as my taster at shows.

FYI did you know that Chuck is trying to poison you!

T.

Thoughts:

Everything I ordered from TRU.com shipped/arrived although I have no idea as yet what arrived.....but I followed my guts ....like any good zombie....& covered my ass ......like any good....er..um.. :whistling: by placing an order that will again furnish me with non-exclusive sets that will be surplus to requirements . Believe it or not I'm pretty patient & very resilient to knock-backs but I'm tired of this & I'm beginning to feel that I am not alone.

It would appear that at least 100 cases of WD mates hit TRU (but maybe many more) & whilst I continue to check the site each day, one set's sales remain static ....that's the one that is definitely NOT an exclusive. I may be wrong about how many cases initially hit TRU'com's warehouse but 100 cases seems a woefully small number.

There are NOT masses of S2 exclusives on ebay neither are they fetching massive prices.Overly-priced ? Yes.... but comparatively sane....nobody is forced to buy from ebay at inflated prices.

Edited by buttheadsmate