UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we eventually get releases of all the characters in the moment of their demise.

And DST could plaster little "censored" signs across the interior of the blister card for the squeamish, hiding the gory details of the deceased. Tell me that's not a million dollar idea. :thumbsup:

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I noticed everyone is in an uproar trying to get Amy and Andrea from the LCS wave. Atomik Toys (http://www.atomiktoys.com/) has them in and is selling individual packs as well as sets! I just ordered my Andrea on Friday, and got my shipping notice on Saturday. I would have ordered Amy to, but funds are running very low after Christmas and I had to choose between Anime or Minimates... Anime won for the most part...

I'd like to see a battle damaged/deceased 4-pack at some point, probably have to be a con exclusive because of the content.

Spoilers below...

Decapitated Tyreese

Glen with bashed in head

Carl with a hole in his head and missing eye

Guvernor with bite wound in kneck, missing ear, missing eye, missing arm, missing dick, numerous drill wounds and spoon up his arse! (too far? :unsure: )

#bestboxsetever

That hood would work great for a Scarlet Spider update... just saying!

I was thinking the same thing!

Here's to an updated Scarlet Spider! Maybe as the variant to current Scarlet Spider.

I can't wait to pick up these sets.

My only problem with that is fitting in a classic Kaine. Thought he'd be ideal as the 'new' Scarlet Spider Variant.

Unless we have a Spiderman Clone TTA.

New Scarlet Spider

Classic Kaine

Updated 'classic' Scarlet Spider

Spidercide

-Sorry... gone way off topic here!

Just caught up to 105, what wave do you think we'll get Jesus or Negen?

I only read the Walking Dead in the Hardback editions, and #8 was the last one until next year, which stopped at issue 98. So please be kind and don't give us any spoilers, someone already ruined the Glenn incident in issue 100 for me already...

As for who we see, I'm really looking forward to an Abraham and Rosita, maybe even the priest (I can't remember his name) with a little bible...

Is it really spoilers thoe when its been out for months, and people want to talk about certain things for the minimates series. I understand it sucks to be spoiled (Which sorry that happened) but you kinda got to except it going on a forum about the show. Not trying to be rude or anything. But on the other hand I really hope this series last for a long time and I hope the release dioramas one day something simple. Little prison Gate with street.

Edited by dexquinto

As trades are becoming more popular, and cost effective, I think its a reasonable courtesy to at least wait until after their release to mention certain things that may spoil the experience. I think this should especially be true in a forum thread not specifically about comics, but toys related to them. As I was reading through the back issues/trades myself, I purposely avoided the comic thread for that reason. Thankfully, I wasn't spoiled as others have been.

As trades are becoming more popular, and cost effective, I think its a reasonable courtesy to at least wait until after their release to mention certain things that may spoil the experience. I think this should especially be true in a forum thread not specifically about comics, but toys related to them.

This.

As trades are becoming more popular, and cost effective, I think its a reasonable courtesy to at least wait until after their release to mention certain things that may spoil the experience. I think this should especially be true in a forum thread not specifically about comics, but toys related to them. As I was reading through the back issues/trades myself, I purposely avoided the comic thread for that reason. Thankfully, I wasn't spoiled as others have been.

Just playing Devil's Advocate here, but people who read the monthly and don't buy the trades aren't going to know when a specific issue was released in trade form. We either need a formal forum guideline on using spoiler tags regardless of when something was published, or mods need to periodically update the title of the thread to say something like "Spoilers: Issue 100 and up". (<-- Just an example)

Just read the books! Stop waiting! read them online or just buy them!!! It's unfair for us that have caught up all the way to wait for you! I want to talk about Jesus and how bad I want a Jesus minimate!!!

Which will come in wave 6...

Edited by zakkatz

...said it before, I'll say it again. Catch up via books, or volumes, then just buy the single issues as they are released monthly. Bam, you'll never be spoiled again.

...I know, an expense of just three dollars a month will kill most people.

I actually wait for the big omnibus editions, the 4th is due any day now. That's just how I prefer to read my comics. I like reading them all in one go, rather than having to wait month to month.

I don't expect to avoid spoilers, but there are people that would prefer to read trades regardless of expense, and I can understand why they would want to avoid having the story ruined for them.

I think it's the same argument as people that prefer to wait for box sets of TV shows. Some watch them weekly, others will wait and blow through the box set in a weekend.