UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, here is my story: a few days ago I finally saw that Lori and Morgan sets were available on Tru.com so I ordered them, no probs. then I got an email yesterday saying Morgan was no longer available. And then I got an email RIGHT AFTER saying the Lori set has shipped! After reading this thread I'm convinced I'm gonna recieve a Michonne set which I don't need, I plan on buying the set of 8. Minimates are my only vice. If anyone has an extra Morgan set they would be willing to part with after the 7th of Jan.(x-mas kinda wiped me out till then) I would be eternally grateful. Thanks for listening.

I just want to say that I love these zombies, and how some are yellow tinted and match the Maximum Zombies, and some are gray. Luke and I came up with a theory that the yellow zombies are newly turned, while the gray ones have been dead for quite some time. A gradient yellow-to-gray zombie would be cool.

I lucked out and found both waves at TRU today. For anyone looking in the Raleigh area, they're at the new Triagle Town TRU way in the back in the video game section all jammed on one little peg with extras strewn on the back of the shelf - worst product placement ever :rolleyes:

I got half of the exclusives I ordered today (Lori was cancelled) when I opened Morgan and Mike I was very happy with the quality of these mates, Morgan's arm hair is great attention to detail, at first I thought it was dried paint...hard to obtain maybe, but well worth it thanks DST

I lucked out and found both waves at TRU today.

That gives me a little bit of hope that lingering cases of Series 1 will still hit with Series 2.

And yeah, I kind of wish there was a Minimates endcap at TRU. I know DST would prefer them to be strewn throughout the store for maximum coverage but I never know where to look for these things. Does TRU use planograms anymore?

I too would like the mates to be all in one place, My wife went out to TRU x-mas shopping and told me she couldn't find ANY minimates. The next day we went together and I pointed out the 6-7 different areas in the 3 different aisles that Minimates are located....yeah, she was surprised to find that TRU had at least 50 Minimates sets of various licenses strewn about the store that had been there long before she went looking for them.

One central location would mean more people can find (and buy) Minimates. Now we just need to let TRU know :)

A word to the wise for the LCS Wave 2, some shops ALREADY have stock for next week. My shop got this week and next week's stock two weeks ago. They put out Walking Dead Wave 2 this week, without me knowing, and Amy was already sold out. Check your shops!

Grabbed Andrea though, and she's pretty awesome. Actually, really awesome; she came together very nice. Love the scar and really glad they went with the prison jumpsuit look for her. She'll look great with Prison Rick.

Okay, so here is my TRU TWD series 2 tale.

First off, let me say that I have been collect mates from (almost) the beginning. With TWD, I got my neighbor into the mates because he was into the comics. He let me borrow his comic collections and I said I would pick him up a set is all the mates. I am also creating a "care package" for UKCollector on here.

I have a Morgan set I managed to snag at my TRU in a blizzard the Thursday before X-mas.

So, I ordered from TRU.com on Saturday morning, Dec 22 when it was posted these were available. When it was pointed out that Lori and Michonne had their barcodes flipped, I decided to order both and return the real Michonne. I ordered 4 each of Lori and Michonne and 3 of the Morgan sets. I got my order confirmation and my second confirmation, both stating that all items were located in stock, at 10:03am and 11:04am respectively (CST).

Others got shipping notices and cancellations, I got nothing. Christmas (Dec 25) came and went, still my order lingered as "located in stock" for all 11 items. More shipping/cancellation notices on here, nothing for me. I finally got a shipping notice on Thursday this week (Dec 27). According to UPS, my order should finally be here next week Wednesday, Jan 2. I know there were some holidays on there, but 11 days, seriously?

Oh, and the shipping notice was for the 4 "Lori" packs, the 4 "Michonne" packs and only 2 of the 3 Morgan packs. We will see what I get.... :confused:

EDIT: emoticon issues....

Edited by Onyx_6

Anybody have the comic book shop wave 2 mates in hand yet? If yes, a couple quick pics of Andrea, Amy and stabbed head zombie would be great. My shop has their goods in, but won't sell them till Wednesday. Oh pooh! :down:

Anybody have the comic book shop wave 2 mates in hand yet? If yes, a couple quick pics of Andrea, Amy and stabbed head zombie would be great. My shop has their goods in, but won't sell them till Wednesday. Oh pooh! :down:

Well, see above. Didn't post pics yet (getting ready for work) but I've got Andrea. Missed Amy.

Oh, and when you go to open Andrea, move the cardboard insert. You'll miss her pistol.

Andrea is just excellent! I may be biased because she's my favorite character of the series, but this is one great looking mate.

Amy comes with an alt. hoodie piece with a bite mark on the right side. Nice attention to detail DST!

(Sorry I don't have prison Rick yet to compare with Andrea.)

Now, some PICS!

photobucket-38025-1356901999460.jpg

photobucket-28296-1356902007560.jpg

Old Ghosts:

photobucket-27106-1356902017161.jpg

photobucket-34479-1356901987505.jpg

Thanks Punisher. Those pics are great. Love the little details like the girls' freckles and Andrea's facial scar. Awesome.

Oh, and I love that shot of Dale hitting on Amy (his "first choice"). I wonder if Andrea knew she was really just runner up in Dale's little black book. LOL.

Edited by MINI_MYTE