UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Series 45/TRU: Avengers Movie

luke314pi

Luke: My custom case order of last night is still good though, right?

Zach: My LCS in Madison, WI got two cases and Hill was one per care in each. As if you needed more data. Can you ask Chuck when/where we will be able toorder our Maria Hill/ First Appearance Angel sets? Maybe as a DST store exclusive? ;) jk

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the imortal words of C3PO- "Here we go again."

I called my TRU today and they said they had 12 minimate packs on the floor so I head on over and all they have on the peg are 3 Captain America sets and 3 Loki sets. I don't know if they misplaced the rest of the case or what but I was so mad to not be able to get the set that I really wanted. Hopefully the rest of the case will show up magically in the next day or two!

I picked up the speciality wave today :D didn't get maria hill, my store didn't have her, but I plan on eventually tracking her down for more chitauri, I bought 2 packs of these awesome buggers :D

I wasn't originally going to get any Avengers movie minimates due to my lack of interest generally in movie lines outside of a few characters, but after watching the Avengers movie I had to get them all and my order from BBTS arrived today with both wave 44 and the movie Avengers wave 45. I love these guys.

It's funny though... Captain America is movie accurate yet the artwork on the box show him with the more traditional 'A' on his mask as well as his ears are shown.

So Luke, if we don't hear from you, are we to assume our orders are ok?

Also, I am very happy to pay the extra, what... $5? Not fair that you're having to sort this out on top of taking something of a financial hit.

Thought I'd have time to run over to my TRU over lunch but Costco had to be visited instead. maybe tomorrow. I need more Avengers!

Hi. Newbie here. First post. :tongue:

Is Hawkeye's head double sided? If it isn't, at least I figured out what head it is from. (Thanks Ivan for the MMDB!) Not sure what to call him yet. Possessed Hawkeye?

Hawkeye.jpg

Dude!! Thank you for posting this! I found this version as well at my TRU (I posted a few pages back, but couldn't find my camera). There was one of these, but 2 of the regular one. I haven't been able to ID the face as yet. I'm glad I'm not the only one who found this!

Captain America box art is what they supplied. You may see it pop up elsewhere like that -- not sure when they created it.

That Scott Lang thing is weird. And people have seen two of them? They're not from the same store? Storm, did you buy it? (I'm assuming no.) Mr. Clean, are you on the West Coast?

Actually, I shouldn't say "weird." I should say "to be expected, when two lines being worked on simultaneously have giant bins of heads lying around."

Actually... that sounds like it's be a neat bunch of photos. You aught to try to get someone over there to snap some shots of the assembly line were they put the mates together. It's be like a customizers parts bins, only on a massive scale. Okay... I would think neat to see. YMMV

Captain America box art is what they supplied. You may see it pop up elsewhere like that -- not sure when they created it.

That Scott Lang thing is weird. And people have seen two of them? They're not from the same store? Storm, did you buy it? (I'm assuming no.) Mr. Clean, are you on the West Coast?

Actually, I shouldn't say "weird." I should say "to be expected, when two lines being worked on simultaneously have giant bins of heads lying around."

Nope, actually I'm in Greensboro, NC, and found it early last week (I believe) and bought it. I thought it was just an isolated switch, and am very surprised to see someone else found it too.

Just for the record...

I had to check my movie Hawkeye after reading this thread. I hadn't noticed any problem... and there wasn't one. My Hawkeye has his normal intended face.

I picked up the whole wave two days ago at my local TRU.

There were two Iron Man/Hulks, One Cap/Thor, and Two Widow/Hawkeyes on the main peg display at the front of the store. I don't recall the look on the face of the Hawkeye I didn't buy, I only recall choosing the set I did because Widow's hair looked less clumpy with paint.

I found Fury & Loki hidden amongst all the older mates in the back of the store... I don't know if a hoarding collector was being crafty or an employee just re-shelved them in the wrong spot. (More likely the latter, I think... then again, it was at the absolute back of the hook, lol)

I've actually been having good luck at my TRU on the last year or two's worth of waves. There are still lots of old exclusives warming the pegs there... even. I think the oldest is a Morph and Nemesis that's been there forever, amongst other more recent ones.

I never found stuff like Bullseye/Moonstone or Warpath/Angel there... but all the more recent stuff, with more balanced cases... I've tracked down pretty easily.

...Let's see who else gets the golden ticket!

And with a golden ticket, it's a gollll-den dayyyyyyyy

hawkVar.jpg

Picked this up in the western U.S. last night. (Not quite the coast though.)

So if I remember right this is the response chart for factory production errors:

One Sighting: Fluke.

Two Sightings: Coincidence.

Three Sightings: OMGZ!! Full Blown Exclusive Variant!! Go directly to Defcon 1! Fire all torpedoes! Full panic mode! Mass hysteria! Gotta have it, now, now, now!

Rawr!