UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Series 45/TRU: Avengers Movie

luke314pi

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Movie Gambit might work for that purple shirt on Banner as well...

I thought so, but he's actually wearing a blue shirt with a purple vest. It surprised me too. You could most likely hide it under a jacket, but regardless...

I would swap the hair with whatever that piece that comes with the MAX Rescue guys is, in black. Messy, but still "human" and tame.

Zach, this is a bit off-topic but tied to the topic at the same time, since The Avengers has definitely elevated the Hulk to casual fans, has there been any talk of increasing Hulk presence in 'mates? I mean aside from just the big man himself, will we see more of his supporting characters?

Other than variations of Hulk(I'm lumping Red Hulk in with him) has there been a Hulk-related character in the line since the Hulk movie wave? Hulk buster Iron Man doesn't count.

Just whipped up a Banner, looks fairly accurate for all those who want one:

MAX Rescue hair (black)

Nathan Drake head

XMO Logan torso (the leather jacket version, the shirt is like a dirty pale purple)

Kyle Reese lower body

Jacket and arms from Selvig

I must say, i don't see a Hulk wave selling. Hulk himself, yes. But an entire wave based on supporting characters, no. Samson is still the only MU figure i ever see pegwarming, i can still buy an Abomination minimate at my LCS, and the rest are insanely obscure.

Just IMO, of course.

Not necessarily a whole wave, but I think a box set that's got more than four Hulks (which does look awesome) or a two-pack here and there could be cool. Off the top of my head, there's:

Brainy head Leader

Zzaxx

Bulked up Abomination

Bi-Beast

Madman

Missing Link

Mr. Hyde

Nightmare

The U-Foes

Wendigo

Red She-Hulk

Mostly I'd just like to see Hulk's supporting cast get some more attention when he pops up from time to time, I feel like Iron Man and Thor's supporting players are starting to get more attention, as well as Captain America to a lesser extent, and we're certainly getting more Hulks but it doesn't seem like his friends and foes are getting any extra attention as a result.

Zach, this is a bit off-topic but tied to the topic at the same time, since The Avengers has definitely elevated the Hulk to casual fans, has there been any talk of increasing Hulk presence in 'mates? I mean aside from just the big man himself, will we see more of his supporting characters?

Other than variations of Hulk(I'm lumping Red Hulk in with him) has there been a Hulk-related character in the line since the Hulk movie wave? Hulk buster Iron Man doesn't count.

Define Hulk-related character -- a lot of his most famous friends and opponents connect to other Marvel areas, as well, and th ones that are SOLELY his... TTF is right, they're insanely obscure.

But I'm currently reading the Hulk: Pardoned collection, and not only does he fight the Abomination, he teams up with Sasquatch to fight the Wendigo, he fights the U-Foes solo, he even visits Rocket Raccoon's planet. It's an amazing series of guest-stars, and while some are obscure (the U-Foes have been my fave since I learned about them in the Handbook, but they are not crossover characters), some are big enough that I think we'll get to them sooner rather than later. And my favorite obscure guys so far have been the three guys who hunt him down at the start of the storyline to enlist his aid: The Hulk Hunters!

http://marvel.com/universe/Hulk-Hunters

I know a lot of them don't have name recognition, but I think a lot often look really cool, which is a plus for casual buyers. If we can get Lockjaw before the rest of the Inhumans name value can't be everything!! Haha

And I'd buy a box set with the Hulk Hunters and Hulk. Just saying.

Define Hulk-related character -- a lot of his most famous friends and opponents connect to other Marvel areas, as well, and th ones that are SOLELY his... TTF is right, they're insanely obscure.

But I'm currently reading the Hulk: Pardoned collection, and not only does he fight the Abomination, he teams up with Sasquatch to fight the Wendigo, he fights the U-Foes solo, he even visits Rocket Raccoon's planet. It's an amazing series of guest-stars, and while some are obscure (the U-Foes have been my fave since I learned about them in the Handbook, but they are not crossover characters), some are big enough that I think we'll get to them sooner rather than later. And my favorite obscure guys so far have been the three guys who hunt him down at the start of the storyline to enlist his aid: The Hulk Hunters!

Zach, you just described a PERFECT specialty story themed wave, make it so!

And my favorite obscure guys so far have been the three guys who hunt him down at the start of the storyline to enlist his aid: The Hulk Hunters!

Obscure? I recognized Torgo and the original Nightcrawler right away! Which means I've read way too many comics...

And I'll agree with you Zach - the U-Foes would be too obscure for any casual fan to recognize. But they'd make cool toys - a translucent X-Ray, "big size" Ironclad with metallic pieces, Vapor with a gas cloud base instead of legs...

I think that afore hinted at character is only an Honorary Avenger, but yes I certainly think he qualifies as mate worthy.

And I'll agree with you Zach - the U-Foes would be too obscure for any casual fan to recognize. But they'd make cool toys - a translucent X-Ray, "big size" Ironclad with metallic pieces, Vapor with a gas cloud base instead of legs...

Plus, the U-Foes, as well as the Wrecking Crew, have both appeared on Avengers:EMH.

Rex!

But I'm currently reading the Hulk: Pardoned collection, and not only does he fight the Abomination, he teams up with Sasquatch to fight the Wendigo, he fights the U-Foes solo, he even visits Rocket Raccoon's planet.

Hulk, Abomination, Sasquatch, Wendigo 4-pack? SOLD!

"The Monsters of Marvel"

:)

Plus, the U-Foes, as well as the Wrecking Crew, have both appeared on Avengers:EMH.

Rex!

I gotta agree Rex. I know the license is technically for the comics but it has been interesting to see how many characters from Avengers:EMH have made their way into minimate form in the past year (and through the rest of this year). It makes sense to lean towards characters that might be getting a little more mainstream recognition for the mass audience. At least, I like to think this is the case. :)

Now.. bring on Plasma Wonder Man! ;P

and.. back on topic.. er.. I picked up the rest of the Movie Avengers wave today. Kang will rule them all.

You make Amphibian, Dark Crawler, Torgo and a Hulk with a Sal Buscema style roaring face, and I would be so right there.

And the U-Foes are right behind the Wrecking Crew for me on the villain team boxed sets I wish they'd make list. But that's a thread for another time. (wouldn't want Zach to complain about more wishlisting now would we? :tongue: )

Zach, you also should track down Rocket Raccoon's mini-series that came out after that appearance. Really weird, really fun stuff.

How do you make Rick? A civilian, red jacket, yellow shirt, blue jeans, longish hair, smirk on his face. Comes with optional Nega-bands, a guitar and harmonica. A-Bomb is gonna last as long as Rick-Hulk, or his time as Bucky, and less time than either of his partnerships with the Vell family. When it's done, he'll go back to being just plain ol' Richard Milhouse Jones: sidekick extraordinare. In a perfect world, he would have been released wih either Mar-Vell or Hulk already. As it stands, Genis-Vell or Marlo would be great choices, since Rom is no longer available.

thanks Pun, figured your leads had all gone cold :thumbsup:

and woah... I missed this becoming the Hulk thread! Not complaining, mind. Just got back from a second viewing, and it did not disappoint this time either.

btw, I'm sure I'm late to this particular party, but have we mentioned there was absolutely no beige/tan trousered Hulk in the film? Grey suit on the Hellicarrier, then black/dark grey for the finale.