UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 48

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I've been seeing a lot more quality control issues in the last few releases than I've seen in quite a while.

Agreed! I bought a few extra packs from my LCBS, and one of my "puppets" is poorly molded and missing a hand, and my Sue/Moloid pack was missing a stand AND one of the invisible feet! (both invisible legs were present, one was missing a foot). Plus my extra Reed had an elbow joint painted solidly shut.Plus, if you take the extension neck piece off, the head fits too loosely on the torso neck ball.

Not happy!

I probably should've taken a pic, but while I really like these figures, my "ideal" Fantastic 4 were the TRU wave a few years ago, so while Reed & Sue are staying in their packages for now (I currently only have enough room to display one of each character), I put the new head & flaming pieces on the original TRU Reed torso I was using as my "half-flame Johnny". I love it.

Got mine yesterday and no QC problems except for one that worked to my advantage.

One of the extra Sue's I bought for the Moloid came with Reed's chest printed on her back (If Spidergirl had back boobs I guess Sue's got "Man Back"). Now I don't need to buy another Reed for a normal Johnny.

Thanks Quality Control thumbsup.gif

Probably my favorite wave for a long while. No complaints. (none that don't have to do with the 2" rule anyway)

Not sure if everyone saw this post on Luke's Toy Store thread, so reposting here:

I talked to my Diamond rep yesterday, and there was a mistake at the DST factory, and less of this series was produced than what was ordered. My order was reduced by 30%, and other stores ordering custom cases were similarly reduced. Originally I thought they had just split my order, but I will actually be short by a ton of custom cases. I have ordered a lot of regular cases to make up for this, and Diamond is nearly sold out of those. I can see this wave being hard to find down the road.

Grab those Alicia Masters & Moloid variants now!

If you have Amazon Prime, you can get the 2-pack shipped for $12. Use that Amazon link so the MMMV gets credit!

Got mine from Luke yesterday. Really nice set. I can't say that I was all that enthusiastic about more FF 'mates, though I really do like the John Byrne costumes, but all the extras put them over the top. Some thoughts:

-Yep, I'll be getting another Reed to make Johnny. At least now I'll have enough puppets so that Phillip Masters can take over the whole FF. Bwahhahahahahahahhahahaha!

-Love the Thing bust just like I thought I would. Not sure if everyone has figured it out, but his "hair" is a separate piece (I wouldn't have if my daughter hadn't pulled it off smile.png ). Thus you can have lots of fun putting other hairpieces on him. Well, maybe not lots of fun....

-The bases are really cool. With a little bit of a green wash, you can turn Sue's force field base into a mighty fine Green Lantern shield.

- If there's anyone else out there making New Gods customs, Blastaar's hair will work very well for Kalibak.

-And finally... Sue's mullet! The custom possibilities are endless (mostly the dozens of professional wrestlers with that look), but one keeps popping into my head:

tumblr_mef3vbqjz01r1art7o1_r1_500.png

Man, The Ultimate Warrior really let himself go...

Hahaha!

I spotted this wave at my local comic book shop. They didn't have the variant. Also, not sure if this is across the board, but Minimates there are now $9.99 (they have steadily climbed from $7.99 recently all the way up to $9.99 now).

Not sure if everyone saw this post on Luke's Toy Store thread, so reposting here:

I talked to my Diamond rep yesterday, and there was a mistake at the DST factory, and less of this series was produced than what was ordered. My order was reduced by 30%, and other stores ordering custom cases were similarly reduced. Originally I thought they had just split my order, but I will actually be short by a ton of custom cases. I have ordered a lot of regular cases to make up for this, and Diamond is nearly sold out of those. I can see this wave being hard to find down the road.

Lovely. That would explain why my LCS still hasn't received their order.

Lovely. That would explain why my LCS still hasn't received their order.

Mine refunded me because they said buenas suerte. I hate going to Luke's because I end up going BROKE! Best online store in town for mates I say.

got me the southern variant of Invisible Woman. Got my sets today (thanks Luke!) and This one was packed with 2 mullets. I emailed customer service so hopefully I can get the regular hair for Sue

post-41-0-82468600-1360623558_thumb.jpeg