UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 48

Wow, they look so good. Like I said before, I'm not even really a F4 fan, but I'll be buying multiples of most of these. The accessories are fantastic and I love that there are so many bases coming with the figures now. I'm very happy that Johnny will comes with two heads. I still hope to see an updated Invisible Woman that's completely invisble at some point.

We made one in the Future Foundation set.

This isn't really a complaint, more of an idea...is there a way to get a new base for the Minimates that have the slipper feet? Since there's no hole at the bottom, maybe a new base with two little raised bars that would keep a foot in place or something?

How about we just put holes on the slipper feet? There, done.

Yeah, I knew about the Future Foundation Sue but she's got that FF costume not the Fantastic Four one.

Also, if you can put holes in the slipper feet and have them still attach to the legs, let's do it! I didn't think that would work but I'm all for it if it works!

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, they look so good. Like I said before, I'm not even really a F4 fan, but I'll be buying multiples of most of these. The accessories are fantastic and I love that there are so many bases coming with the figures now. I'm very happy that Johnny will comes with two heads. I still hope to see an updated Invisible Woman that's completely invisble at some point.

This isn't really a complaint, more of an idea...is there a way to get a new base for the Minimates that have the slipper feet? Since there's no hole at the bottom, maybe a new base with two little raised bars that would keep a foot in place or something?

Yeah, I knew about the Future Foundation Sue but she's got that FF costume not the Fantastic Four one.

Also, if you can put holes in the slipper feet and have them still attach to the legs, let's do it! I didn't think that would work but I'm all for it if it works!

Luckily, the costume is invisible.

And we put holes in the slipper feet already.

Edited by Zach Oat

Luckily, the costume is invisible.

And we put holes in the slipper feet already.

But...thanks to laser eye surgery, my mutant 20/15 vision allows me to see the differences on her chest.

When did you guys start putting holes on the slipper feet? The latest one I have is Puck from the first Alpha Flight set and he doesn't have any holes on the bottom of his feet.

You have laser eyes?

I meant we put holes in the Moloids. Which is ironic, because usually it's the other way around.

No, no laser eyes or optic blasts...just really good vision.

I'm pretty pumped that the slipper feet have holes in them now so I can display them on the bases with the others. Can't wait for the next guy who has black slipper feet so I can buy multiples and swap them out with guys like Puck.

...i want laser eyes...can that be in the next wave?

oh and make it all out of cheese

They did make that optic blast piece for the last Cyclops. It wasn't made out of cheese though so you're out of luck there.

Yes! Best Accessory Ever! You are full of win DST!

I saw that, but without my super vision, I couldn't tell what it was. What is it?

My thought was Mt. Fantastic getting crushed by rocks. :thumbsup:

The only weapon that can defeat Galactus- the ultimate nullifier.

I can see that now. Thank you, Jeff for the clarification.

I think this may be the first time Puppet Master has received a toy of any form. He's one of those characters who has been around forever, but ultimately he's just a guy. Not very toy friendly. These civilian-type minimates have actually been some of my favorites these past couple years. I always feel that DST "tries harder" to make them stand out more. The Thing sculpture, the mini puppets, the newspapers that came with JJ, the badge hand we got with Jean DeWolff, just great work all around. Part of the appeal of the line is the little oddities like this that we get. I could never in a million years see Hasbro making a Puppet Master Marvel Legend.

Edited by bigvis497

now if we could just get updated stands with the peg moved so the mate would be centered on the stand

Why is this so desired? I think the offset peg allows for much more dynamic poses. You can have a character as far over as you like with these and still not need to worry about him falling over. A centered peg, in my opinion, would not be as stable if posing, say, Rhino charging.

Not looking for a fight, I am honestly curious.

I think this may be the first time Puppet Master has received a toy of any form. He's one of those characters who has been around forever, but ultimately he's just a guy. Not very toy friendly. These civilian-type minimates have actually been some of my favorites these past couple years. I always feel that DST "tries harder" to make them stand out more. The Thing sculpture, the mini puppets, the newspapers that came with JJ, the badge hand we got with Jean DeWolff, just great work all around. Part of the appeal of the line is the little oddities like this that we get. I could never in a million years see Hasbro making a Puppet Master Marvel Legend.

I'm with you- although I thought they made a figure of him for the 94' cartoon......just checked. They didn't. ;)

Maybe there's hope we'll get a Willie Lumpkin and Roberta the desk secretary con exclusive two pack....or Herbie, despite 'Ask DST' saying they "have no plans" to make him.

Edited by Jeff

Herbie... Sigh. Looks like he's the only accessory they missed.

Maybe next time around.

Why is this so desired? I think the offset peg allows for much more dynamic poses. You can have a character as far over as you like with these and still not need to worry about him falling over. A centered peg, in my opinion, would not be as stable if posing, say, Rhino charging.

Not looking for a fight, I am honestly curious.

I also agree, the larger stand is great for bulked up mates and unbalanced ones(like Stilt-man and Scorpion). The smaller one is also good for support; and with the peg where it is, a mate can stand centered on it for regular display. Just my thoughts though. I think they both are perfect in their own way. Really hoping to get that bag o' bases that was mentioned.

Still can't believe how excited I am for a FF wave

Much like Grey Gargoyle and Sin, I'd both love to see Worthy versions of Titania and Attuma, and hate to see that be their only appearance as minimates. (No, Zach, You've done great this year, but I have forgotten all about Titania.)