UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 48

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my Reed must have been flash-frozen by Doctor Doom again, because when I went to bend his knee, it broke. Contacted CS and they are hoping to have replacement parts sometime in the next month.

On the plus side, I will finally be replacing Marvel Select Loki's broken staff. :thumbsup:

I got my cases from Luke, according to the number on the case, there were only 80 custom cases produced! Anyone have the number from a standard case they can share?

Only 80 custom cases were distributed by Diamond. Some stores, like BBTS, have their Minimates shipped directly from the factory, since they sell enough toy lines that they can have huge shipments sent together from Hong Kong directly to them. Their custom cases are numbered differently.

EDIT: I have some standard cases as well, and that production run was 500 cases.

Does anybody else need these? I can get everyone except the variant.

9.99 is the new SRP for 2013. It was 8.99 for a long time, your store might not have raised their prices the last time we did.

No, they did raise it. I meant they steadily climbed from $7.99 to $8.99 to $9.99 over the past year or two. I don't buy them when they first come out anymore (especially now that they just went up another buck). I wait until they haves sales where they have 20%-30% off everything in the store.

$9.99 for a 2 pack loaded w/accessories is still the best value in the toy industry right now.

I'm not saying it's a bad deal. I just won't buy them for $9.99 when I can get them for $7.49 at Toys R Us or way cheaper when the comic book shop runs a sale (for whatever reason Minimates don't move too well there) and I can get all the newer stuff on sale at 20%-30% off.

I am kinda surprised that Toys R Us hasn't marked up the Walking Dead Minimates like they did with the Ninja Turtles figures. Seems like those things go up an extra buck every week they continue to be super popular.

I am kinda surprised that Toys R Us hasn't marked up the Walking Dead Minimates like they did with the Ninja Turtles figures. Seems like those things go up an extra buck every week they continue to be super popular.

Don't jinx it, man! :o

EDIT: Don't we have an opened-mouth emoticon? What is the text for it? (I am on the mobile version so I have to type in all my emoticons)

Edited by Onyx_6

So I got my $200 shipment from Luke today, and didn't even have to open a single package before I was upset...

DSCN3935.jpg

Now I may be crazy, and granted I haven't seen every artist's interpretation of the Fantastic Four... but I'm pretty sure Reed usually has hair.

Incase anyone is wondering, yes that package is sealed, and yes that's the case not even half unpacked beneath it. Frankly I'm unsure how to proceed. I wonder if his hair might be sandwiched in the bottom somewhere, but I don't see it in there, nor do I see where it could have escaped to. I hear no rattling of loose pieces. Still, the package as yet remains sealed, and as long as it remains sealed I am clearly beyond blame for the predicament. To open or not open... I have not yet decided...

BUT EITHER WAY... now I suppose I begin the annoying and often slow and painful process of contacting various strangers on the internet to slowly rectify the situation.

I'd love it if I could get one damn shipment of minimates these days where I DIDN'T have to do that immediately after unpacking them.

I can't help but wonder how many hands this set had to pass through, between being manufactured, packed, unpacked, repacked and so on, before getting to me. Am I the first person to notice, or merely the final person to get stuck with it? I suppose such questions are not worth asking, as their answers would fall somewhere between ignorance, denial or excuse, whatever they may be. Not that I'm trying to accuse anyone of anything malicious, I don't think that's the case. I'm sure it's an innocent mistake. But even still, I think it's a little stupid that this item could ever make it this far, without anyone giving it so much as a glance and noting the fairly obvious problem. But if I, the final person to ultimately PAY for the item were to complain, I'm sure all the hands that held it before me would each have their reason as to why they weren't at fault, and surely the blame lies in the link before or after them in the chain.

I suppose it's just put me in a negative mood, so my brain is drifting to negative lines of thought. Pay my musings no mind. I'm in a funk over it, and for that I apologize. That and I've been reading alot of Tolkien lately, and it's put my mind in a mood for lots of flowery talk and tracing of lineage. tongue.png

I swear, I don't necessarily mean to sound so bitter about this... but frankly I am. Earlier when I said I'd love to have one shipment without a problem... I wasn't being colorful. At the very least I've had more bad ones than good ones. It's getting old... and tries my patience.

It's not that I'm beyond understanding the occasional hiccup. It's the persistent and repeated hiccups that annoy me.

Edited by Gillbob316

My sue came with 2 mullets. I emailed dst cust service and her regular hairpiece is on its way to me.

Yeah, I'm waiting to do that until after I open this whole case, just incase I run across any more surprises.

My "best of" series Loki, actually... has like... a cut in his cape. It's like someone took a pair of hardware snips and cut right into the side of it. It's one of the more bizarre defects I've seen in my time, as it's actually a genuine defect, and not merely a mismatched, missing, or ill-fitting part. All I can figure is that maybe it got snagged in some piece of factory machinery that cut it, or perhaps the plastic didn't quite fill the mold out right, and it just -looks- like a cut, but is actually more of a... hole? Slit? Ravine? lol... It's painted over, so it's hard to say how clean the cut is or isn't. It appears to have happened BEFORE the yellow paint was applied.

So that will be in the letter as well, and I'm also gonna mention that my MvC3 Hulk still has 2 right hands, although I e-mailed them about that once long ago and merely recieved 2 replacement right hands, lol.

We shall see...

As I open more sets with a critical eye, I notice that Blastaar's leg coverings are actually on backwards, and furthermore, the tampos are printed on the back sides, making them the front sides...

Upon examining pics in this thread, and on ebay, it appears everyone's Blastaar is that way though, and it's not so much a defect with MY Blastaar, as it is a defect with ALL Blastaars, making it (arguably) not really a defect.

Anyone else catch that?

Edited by Gillbob316

As I open more sets with a critical eye, I notice that Blastaar's leg coverings are actually on backwards, and furthermore, the tampos are printed on the back sides, making them the front sides...

Upon examining pics in this thread, and on ebay, it appears everyone's Blastaar is that way though, and it's not so much a defect with MY Blastaar, as it is a defect with ALL Blastaars, making it (arguably) not really a defect.

Anyone else catch that?

Yeah, I caught that, too. I noticed his kneecaps were pretty exposed when his legs weren't bent and thought they'd been accidentally swapped during assembly. Then I noticed the tampo applications. (Argh.)

The range of motion is improved a bit when you correct it but since the tampos are on the back, I'm keeping them as they were for display.

Anyone else catch that?

Didn't notice it before, but now I can't NOT see it. The missing Ben Grimm head from my TRU set seems to pale in comparison to some of the w48 QC issues I see here.