• Dire Wraiths
    • HAMMER Agents
    • Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic)
    • Mandroids
    • Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

I for one would like to see a good, clean poll this time. Vote for who you want to vote for, but I'd really like to avoid seeing the intentional skewing this time. I remember people bragging during Secret Wars voting about how many IP's they used to vote multiple times, how many non-minimate collecting friends and family they got to vote for their choice... I sort of see all of that as working against the true intention of the poll, which is finding out a consensus on what MMM collectors want, not finding out which person can skew it to their own choice by how many votes they can put through.

I second this sentiment. It's actually healthier for the brand in the long run if we all play by the rules. I think we all have a chance of seeing our pet favorites get made if we do the right thing. I can't control anyone else, but I'll lead by example and vote only once. And I will join the mob that tars and feathers braggarts who cheat the system. ;)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, i just gotta say...I AM SOOO EXCITED FOR THIS!! this is amazing!!

and to be honest, any new character is good for me :D

though to be more honest...i want Zemo ;)

i agree on different threads for each poll and also a quick question for zach, how does the TRU set mentioned fit in?

And as a follow-up: I think some felt justified "stuffing the ballot box" with the TRU boxset because of the lack of transparency, and a fear that random TRU patrons (non-MM fans) were going to skew the results towards another Spidey re-hash. Not that these feelings justified cheating.

I trust the integrity of Zach so let's not let that be an excuse this time. Let's just let the chips fall where they may.

:unsure:

Zach . . . if a large man with an odd accent hugs you at a convention and holds on for a little too long, tell security to be gentle with them because it's just a deliriously happy australian fan.

Zach . . . if at the next con, a large man with an odd accent hugs you and holds on for a little too long, please tell security to be gentle with him. He's just a deliriously happy australian fan. :biggrin:
A threat so nice it had to be said twice. I think I know someone who might just start carrying pepper spray before the next con rolls around.

Uh-oh. I thought i had left the page without posting my reply. . . and then replied again.Maybe the third time will be the charm?

Creepy excessive hugging aside: i am sooooo freaking excited about this. I've asked Chuck in the AskDST rounds a few times about how fans get be more involved or influential in the picking of characters.... it's fantastic to see an opportunity like this arise.

Bravo for giving it a go Zach. :highfive2:

Wait... I forgot... are we allowed to do wish lists/idle speculation here or not? Ah, I'm just going to go back to the other thread for that.

Oh, and I just wanted to point out: in the last few weeks we've learned we're finally getting Kang (leading to the Civil War),and a new Hawkeye and the Grim Reaper, gotten waves 44 and 45, had Kang already start to show up, and had the fan poll announced AND WE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE SDCC EXCLUSIVES WILL BE YET. And that's just Marvel. Whew. And to think, I thought things were slow around here not that long ago....

i think AIM Soldiers would win Army Builder, but would rather them somehow get released a different way so a new mm can break on thru to the other side. Like is an Army Builder wave out of the question? AIM,SHIELD,BROOD most would want more of those. Also, side with Gladiator or he'll kill you. Don't you know how dangerous he is? He demands idolatry. Oh shit, he's coming back... Vote Gladiator, Defendor of the Galaxy, All-Around Great Deity.

Army builders are all new. No repeated army builders. Repeat, no repeated army builders.

Comic art will show indicated costume, yes. You will know what costume you're getting.

And no hugs necessary. Hold all thanks until you see all the polls, or until you see the prototypes, or better yet, until the wave is made and hits stores.

Will the vote for the TRU set be for the THEME or for the CHARACTERS?

Like... will the poll be more like...

Pick a theme:

Brotherhood

Wrecking Crew

Avengers vs X-Men

Or...

The set IS Avengers vs X-Men, now pick 2 Avengers and 2 X-Men.

(These teams/themes are just examples to breakdown my question. If a theme is picked, no need to actually reveal it. :P)

And no hugs necessary. Hold all thanks until you see all the polls, or until you see the prototypes, or better yet, until the wave is made and hits stores.

You're awful huggable, Zach. I don't know if I can wait that long.

Edited by boyd

are the characters to the right of the post the heavy hiiters?

I think those are default characters when a Marvel.com story doesn't mention anybody specifically, but yes. Yes, those are 5 of the 8 heavy hitters in the poll.

Will the vote for the TRU set be for the THEME or for the CHARACTERS?

Answered this in the TRU Fan Poll thread:

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=10988

Zach, do you know if Air Walker and Firelord are still on the table to be made at some point from the last poll? I'm not asking if they're included in this one as that'd be telling too soon... but I'm still curious about those two ever being made.

If those "heavy hitters" to the right are people that could be made, you just KNOW that Thing has my vote!