UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Restored "the Wolverine" movie mate speculation thread. Now w/ added "Days of Future Present"

Mirymate

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If its anything to do with the X-men, Wolverine is going to be the focus; make your piece with it.

I get the feeling that's going to change after DoFP. Marvel seems to be pushing Deadpool quite a bit. He may be the heir apparent in comics and on film.

Ugh. They made Wolverine the main character of DoFP. Why.... I almost completely lost interest in the movie. Plus that means we'll probably get 2 Wolverine mates for this wave, one for Future Wolverine, one for Past. Might as well make all of the minimates Wolverine due to saturation.

Not that i've heard anything about him being THE main character (Iink please??)...but Logan is the main character in the comic. I'm not sure why that would be a reason to lose interest, if anything any other film where Logan was the main character is far worse than this. But again, i've heard nothing other than him having 2 time period costumes, which means nothing.

Not that i've heard anything about him being THE main character (Iink please??)...but Logan is the main character in the comic. I'm not sure why that would be a reason to lose interest, if anything any other film where Logan was the main character is far worse than this. But again, i've heard nothing other than him having 2 time period costumes, which means nothing.

He is taking the place of Kitty Pryde for the mind swap.

Huge applause for "Marvel" coming across. Xavier's voice, Wolverine,

Storm, Bobby, Rogue, Kitty, a "glimpse from the past." Bishop,

Thunderbird, Blink looks straight out of the comic. "Side by side to end

this war before it ever begins." Wolverine will be sent back into his

younger body by both Xavier AND Magneto. Xavier says "I was a very

different man. Lead me, guid me, be patient with me. "Patience is my

strongest suit," he deadpans. Lots of Mystique shots, kicking some ass.

Magneto vs. Mystique at one point! "We need you to hope again," old

Xavier says to young. Crazy applause.

I just am sick of Wolverine in general. They could have used Xavier or anyone else, but nope. The best part of First Class: Wolverine had a memorable cameo, and thats all.

I just am sick of Wolverine in general. They could have used Xavier or anyone else, but nope. The best part of First Class: Wolverine had a memorable cameo, and thats all.

So you're sick of Wolverine but the best part of "First Class" was his cameo? ermm.gif

You must have REALLY hated all the other characters in that movie.

So you're sick of Wolverine but the best part of "First Class" was his cameo? ermm.gif

You must have REALLY hated all the other characters in that movie.

I meant in terms of Wolverine saturation. It was a bright spot though, funny and memorable.

Fassbender, however, made that movie amazing, and I was smitten at first sight.

Fassbender is a great Magneto. If Fox wants to spin him off into a solo franchise, that'd be totally watchable.

I've had my fill of Wolverine as well. I don't expect him to go away completely but I'm looking forward to the inevitable recasting. I always pictured Robert DeNiro as Logan back in the day. Short and stocky would be a great change of pace from the young Clint Eastwood he got.

I love Wolverine, but if we go forward with the line, I'm sure we'll make everybody we can get reference on.

"If we move forward with the line... ?" You mean beyond the specialty and TRU assortments? Do you think there will be demand for a second series of Wolverine movie 'mates?

I think Wolvie would be better served by being given less exposure, and being treated as less central to all the X-stories. That will lead to burn-out, as it did in the comics. There's a reason folks love Wolvie, but I'm not sure Jackman ever hit on all of those things, and the way Wolvie has been a focal point of the films (X1, X2, Wolverine 1, Wolverine 2, apparently Days of Future Past). . .it's just too much. The way he was portrayed in the Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne run is ideal.

Glad you're home safely Zach.

Will there be any chance that we'll see Green Viper or Silver Samurai as minimates? 4 pack at NYCC? 2nd TRU wave? Or is it pretty much done with this lot?

(I'm loving Hepburn Breakfast-at-Viper's hair-piece, btw).

Edited by Nessex

At my daughter's request, she and I saw "The Wolverine" last night (despite my joy for "Pacific Rim" ruining any expectations I had for other summer flicks). In short, we liked it. If you go, watch the credits. My 12-year-old totally geeked out when she saw that added scene.

Viper plays a huge role in the film so I'm glad we're getting a version even if it's not the best version, in my opinion. And it's an even bigger shame that we won't be getting a Silver Samurai after seeing the climactic battle. If only DST had had six more months and the necessary reference material. Or maybe the willingness and ability to revisit some of their movie assortments after the fact.

Loved it!!! Finally, this is the Wolverine movie I've been waiting for, Jackman didn't disappoint! Glad we are getting two Yukios (Yukii?) as she was great in this movie.

This is all we're getting, sorry. No extra box sets, second waves, exclusives or emergency airdrops.

What about Thor 2? If necessary I can have Beef Jerky and cookies in the mail Monday, there's a Costco just down the road! Anyone want to chip in? yes.gif