UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Restored "the Wolverine" movie mate speculation thread. Now w/ added "Days of Future Present"

Mirymate

I am thinking that this Yukio is the pack my LCS claims to have not gotten at all in their case(s). I will find out tomorrow, I guess.

And truly curious, Zach, what solution options are there? FA Angel comes to mind.... :worried:

I could imagine for Luke and BBTS it might be feasible to get extra packs of just Yukio to fulfill the custom case orders, right?

I forgot your shop said they got NO Yukios. That's just strange. Keep me posted.

Not sure what the solution will be. Luckily, Yukio doesn't complete a box set, and I think Luke said he had enough to fill the set orders. But we want our customers and their customers to be happy.

So, an update: I picked up my The Wolverine mates from my LCS and it was in fact the Yukio set he supposedly didn't get in his case at all. :(

He told me he contacted the place he gets his stuff from and allegedly all the cases they sent out were the same way (or at least they had heard from others with the same issue).

Have you heard anything about this Zach? Or is my LCS pulling a fast one on me? The way he said it seemed more like a retelling of events than a well rehearsed story, but who knows. My LCS is in Madison, WI, but I don't know where they get stuff from.

Glad to hear Luke will be getting Yukio though! I will have to order a set from him too. :thumbsup:

Edited by Onyx_6

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know what's up with that. I have not heard any reports of that situation. If he orders from a subdistributor, somebody might have swapped the set out at that stage, but there's no reason Diamond would do that, and I can't imagine EE would, either.

Did he tell you what his case assortment was? Who he got that was extra?

I got mine from Luke today, along with A LOT of other 'mates. The Wolverine mates are nice, but I have to say I'm a little disappointed by the lack of accessories, especially after opening the Wave 51 SHIELD packs.

Urban Yukio doesn't even get a sword, and bows and arrows would have been a nice alternatve for the Black Clan Ninjas.

Glad we got them, though. :thumbsup:

So, if my LCS has a case for me, I should get at least one Yukio, correct?

Unless you got a case like my LCS reports to have gotten. Edited by Onyx_6

slightly off topic but was I the only one who would be happy for Yukio to turn up as a card carrying x-man in the next film?

If it weren't for the rather large ensemble we're already looking at, i'd be more than happy to see her show up again. She was plucky & quite a fun character in the Wolverine movie. (she certainly showed up Mariko).

I'm not sure how they'd fit her into a film that currently has 2 Magneto's, 2 Xaviers, Wolverine, Rogue, Iceman, Mystique, Havok, Storm, Beast, Blink, Bishop, Warpath, Colossus, Shadowcat & Quicksilver. (Not to mention the human's and sentinels).

God.... That's a LOT of potential minimates right there. 2 waves wouldn't even cover it.

That's what Onyx was told by his LCS, but there haven't been any other reports of it so far.

Urban Yukio doesn't even get a sword, and bows and arrows would have been a nice alternatve for the Black Clan Ninjas.

I believe Harada comes with a bow and arrows. I will take tray shots this week.

Thanks Zach, just trying to decide if I should pick up more than one Harada. Does he come with a masked head too?

So, if my LCS has a case for me, I should get at least one Yukio, correct?

Unless you got a case like my LCS reports to have gotten.

It would be sealed, since I'm the only one who buys Minimates there. Are you saying there are cases with no Yukios at all? :(

Well, Tenime? What's the case pack out you saw in yours? If you got it already, that is.

@Zach - I don't know of you check, but I sent you a PM with a little more info regarding my LCS experience.

I haven't. My LCS only got 50 in so far. He forgot to order me 52, but when he called about having 50 in stock, I asked him and he did order it for me, telling me 51 should be in this Wednesday, and 52 should be in next week. Thanks to car issues, I'm barely going to be able to afford one case per paycheck, so it may be awhile before I get them. I'll have them open it to see as soon as they get it, though.

So, my Yukio/Black Clan Ninja and Viper/Black Clan Ninja came in the mail today (got them from some third party seller on Amazon) gotta say the ninjas are some of the sleekest 'Mates I've gotten in a while. Despite being all black, the detail is not lost due to the different shades used. The vest is REALLY cool, I can see it getting a lot of custom use, very nice looking biker-ish jacket. Yukio, though lacking any gear, is a very nice figure. The likeness is solid, in my mind. Great to see her red and grey stripes going all around her arms and not just on the front. Her detailing is very nice. Though I would've preferred the jumpsuit look, Viper is very well done. The two heads are both done nice, great hair, and those sunglasses are super cool. Overall, really digging them. They may just be civilian 'Mates but I find them really beautifully done. MUCH kudos to DST.

EDIT: Don't wanna double post, so I'll edit this in. Just received Wolverine/Mariko and Wolverine/Shingen today. Shingen is a little disappointing. He bares more of a resemblance to Noburo (think that was his name. Mariko's fiancee) than to Shingen Yashida. He reuses Movie Thor's hairpiece, but overall is a nice 'Mate if you're into Asian dude's in fancy suits. Mariko is nice, nothing special bit a decent likeness and well painted. Suit Wolverine is actually really cool. Maybe it's because that scene in the movie was really cool but something about this Wolverine just tickles my fancy. The Hugh Jackman likeness is good, I think the Origins ones had a strong likeness though. Street Fight Wolverine is my favorite though. The detail on the arms is amazing. Hair and veins tampo'd on just give the arms the look of how Wolverine's arms should look. Toss a comic Wolverine head on there and you got the perfect comic civilian Logan. The beater is nicely detailed, love the mud splatters on his knees. The face is great with a furrowed brown and his mouth yelling in the classic Wolverine rage.

Overall, these may not be everyone's cup of tea, but they highlight what I love about Minimates, specifically the movie waves. Hasbro didn't even bother giving us any figures based off the movie, and the three of four they made were practically statues. Between the LCS and the TRU sets, Minimates gave us basically every character sans like 2 or 3. They may not have the wow factor of the comic 'Mates, but it's hard to not respect their ability to get us almost the entire cast of the movie. Thanks, DST!

Edited by Rock Steady

NEf8gSeCamCFij_1_3_zps11fbbefc.jpg

I'm sure most of you have seen this pic already but maaaaaan I wish they would use this suit... if only just for one scene... If we can have a guy dressed like a bat flying around a city and beating up bad guys then surely we can have Hugh Jackman in this mask slicing up some guys for one scene.