UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kang the Conqueror discussion

Mirymate

I'm sure Kang will get his due. And then I'm sure they will proceed to beat us to death with him, leading to the question of why we're getting yet another Kang when they could do (insert name here).

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure Kang will get his due. And then I'm sure they will proceed to beat us to death with him, leading to the question of why we're getting yet another Kang when they could do (insert name here).

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

F---in' right. That's a bridge I would LOOOOOOVE to cross.

• 2 months later...

See, now we need to make some kind of "Kang in 2012... It's Time!" election style poster or something. If we don't see a Kang-mate next year, I will be surprised. And to paraphrase my favorite Martian- I won't be angry, just terribly, terribly hurt.

And Valo, at least Winter Soldier is no longer disqualified for inclusion down the road, right?B)

I had him and almost all the other figures in that line as a kid. My earliest reason for wanting a Kang minimate would be because of this figure.

Me too, and Doom's tower playset. It's pretty much my *only* reason for wanting a Kang minimate. Actually I guess I remember him seeming cool in my Secret Wars sticker album too.

sw7.jpg

Not sure how rare it is or anything, but I immediately thought of you dudes. Just curious if anyone might be interested.

Pretty cheap and easy to find, really.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Secret-Wars-Kang-Mattel-1984-/320785214402?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab049ebc2

That Kang was the peg-warmer supreme of his time. No doubt, DST realizes how unpopular he is among the mass public, which is why they will likely never release him. And good on them for that. Clearly, the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Defenders backup squad, New Warriors, and Great Lakes Avengers are much more important and should come first.

Edited by karamazov80

That Kang was the peg-warmer supreme of his time. No doubt, DST realizes how unpopular he is among the mass public, which is why they will likely never release him. And good on them for that. Clearly, the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Defenders backup squad, New Warriors, and Great Lakes Avengers are much more important, and Rocket Raccoon is even more important and awesome than any of them and should come first.

Slight mistake in that statement (which I otherwise agree with), so I fixed it ;)

Personally I think DST should do a Modern Guardians of the Galaxy boxset (or three), as Kang breifly teamed up with some of them (need to re-read that awesome series). That way, Kang fans can get Kang and I can get three more members of Modern GotG to go with Gamora.

That Kang was the peg-warmer supreme of his time. No doubt, DST realizes how unpopular he is among the mass public, which is why they will likely never release him. And good on them for that. Clearly, the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Defenders backup squad, New Warriors, and Great Lakes Avengers are much more important, and Rocket Raccoon is even more important and awesome than any of them and should come first.

Slight mistake in that statement (which I otherwise agree with), so I fixed it ;)

Personally I think DST should do a Modern Guardians of the Galaxy boxset (or three), as Kang breifly teamed up with some of them (need to re-read that awesome series). That way, Kang fans can get Kang and I can get three more members of Modern GotG to go with Gamora.

I'm on board with that. I'm worried that, when Kang is finally made, the MMMV will split between factions that think Rocket Raccoon should be the next cause to support, and those that think it should be Squirrel Girl. :unsure:

...Rocket Raccoon all the way.