UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kang the Conqueror discussion

Mirymate

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what you're saying is that we should all buy a Kang Squinkie and mail it to DSTChuck?

That is a wonderful idea coming from Oz.

Dear Chuck,

don't you agree that Kang as a Squinkie sucks? I wonder if there's a 2 inch toy making Kang look cool. Any thoughts?

PS: I also included a Falcon Squinkie. He sucks, too.

I'm gonna research these squinkies and see how hard Kang is to find. Seriously, I'll spend my hard earned dough on one to send to DST. If I can get 'em cheap enough I'd even consider buying multiples to send out to folks on here so we can all do it.

Edit: Hard to nail down if he's out or not. It seems that he is based on one post I found on another board-like update site, but I don't see any of them available individually on ebay like I was hoping. Bah! More obfuscation to keep Kang down!

Edited by Mystery Man

We cannot own squinkies at this house. No, no... niether me nor my boys have any real objections to them... we just have a pair of very playful cats. Small, soft, roundish... yeah... bad idea for this house.

Well done.

But seriously, if we don't get Kang in, like, a convention boxset this year, it's going to feel like a major punch in the face. I was honestly surprised he wasn't in wave 44. There is no reason to not squeeze Kang in somewhere this year.

I'm feeling the same way. If it doesn't happen now, I'm wondering if it'll ever happen. And considering how long people have been asking for him, it really will feel like a punch inna face.

• 2 weeks later...

My boy got a couple squinkie twopacks in his stocking at Christmas.. They were blind and random.. and included Kang. He loves them more than I thought he would so I can't bare to take away Kang to mail to DST.. but I did think about it. :)

My boy got a couple squinkie twopacks in his stocking at Christmas.. They were blind and random.. and included Kang. He loves them more than I thought he would so I can't bare to take away Kang to mail to DST.. but I did think about it. :)

Definitely send it then. Let DST know they have the tears of children on their hands now. Mwa hahaha!

• 4 weeks later...

My eight year old nephew just started collectingMinimates a few weeks ago. Largely in part to Avengers EMH. Today he called meto ask if "they made that blue guy from the cartoon." After I figuredout who he was talking about I had to laugh. I told him "No they haven’tmade him yet." His reply was “Somebody should tell them to make himbecause he’s cool and fights Captain America." From the mouths of babes...

I'm really surprised that given the popularity of this Super Villain that Kang hasn't been made, he was quite the sought after guy in the Fantastic Four Classics,(ML scale), then they re-released him more recently in the Hasbro ML line.

Maybe he could be released in 4 pack of Marvel Super Villains or something?? :)

Maybe DST just don't feel comfortable placing a purple headed invader in the hands of children? All joking aside, I think this year is the one where all you kang lovers will finally be rewarded with your patience, I mean the avengers movie is out soon, and didn't Zach say there will be comic versions too?.

My eight year old nephew just started collectingMinimates a few weeks ago. Largely in part to Avengers EMH. Today he called meto ask if "they made that blue guy from the cartoon." After I figuredout who he was talking about I had to laugh. I told him "No they haven’tmade him yet." His reply was “Somebody should tell them to make himbecause he’s cool and fights Captain America." From the mouths of babes...

you're nephew sounds like a cool kid. That's it, people of all ages know who he is, and that he is cool, and fights Captain America... get him made!"

my 2nd cousin (cousin's son) is about 5, and has just got into minimates thanks to coming over and gawping at my collection. Gave him three huge bags of spare parts I've had lying around, and helped him make up all the core members of the Avengers, etc. Whilst inspecting my collection, he took one look at Man-Bat and said "ahhhhh, he's the guy the Hulk beat up!" ... I've no idea who he is thinking of.

Which Man-Bat? If it was one of the brown Man-Bat's, he may have meant the Mandril, or one of the super-apes.

I'm really surprised that given the popularity of this Super Villain that Kang hasn't been made, he was quite the sought after guy in the Fantastic Four Classics,(ML scale), then they re-released him more recently in the Hasbro ML line.

Maybe he could be released in 4 pack of Marvel Super Villains or something?? :)

Given the length of this thread, the number of personal signatures and avatars involving Kang, and the optional board decoration theme, it kind of cracks me up that your comment seems to be made entirely without irony. :lol:

Edited by Lobsterman