UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kang the Conqueror discussion

Mirymate

I'm really surprised that given the popularity of this Super Villain that Kang hasn't been made, he was quite the sought after guy in the Fantastic Four Classics,(ML scale), then they re-released him more recently in the Hasbro ML line.

Maybe he could be released in 4 pack of Marvel Super Villains or something?? :)

Given the length of this thread, the number of personal signatures and avatars involving Kang, and the optional board decoration theme, it kind of cracks me up that your comment seems to be made entirely without irony. :lol:

and yet here we still are without a Kang Minimate? :lol:

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kang.

Winter Soldier.

Baron Zemo.

Falcon.

After all the talk about these amazing box sets we're getting, if at least one of those names isn't crossed off when they're revealed I suspect there will be some very unhappy campers on this board and rightfully so. I still can't believe the missed opportunity that is Wave 44.

Kang.

Winter Soldier.

Baron Zemo.

Falcon.

After all the talk about these amazing box sets we're getting, if at least one of those names isn't crossed off when they're revealed I suspect there will be some very unhappy campers on this board and rightfully so. I still can't believe the missed opportunity that is Wave 44.

I'm getting set for disappointment. Based on the reveals we've seen for this year, I'm really starting to see them passing over all four of those this year.

The only one I can actually realistically see happening this year is Winter Soldier, and even that's slim. But he is getting his own new book shortly, so that's really the only reason I see it happening.

And now I sit and wait for One (1) Zach Oat to show up and tease and snicker silently as we say speculative junk about things he may have actual answers about but can't tell us.

Le Sigh.

Edited by The Geohound

After all the box set reveals we've had lately, I don't see why they couldn't just throw Winter Soldier, Zemo, Falcon and Kang into a box set and be done with it. That would sell at least as well as the Thing half of the Fear Itself and Age of X box sets. I'm sure they will claim otherwise, but I don't have to believe it.

Judging by the way the releases have come out over the last year their priority appears to be on the newer stuff, MvsC and the Avengers movie stuff. Maybe we'll get them in a new wave next year? :whistling:

I can't wait till we're past the Avengers, at least on 'mate issues. I'm incredibly disappointed with the Avengers 'mates that have been announced so far, both comic and movie related.

It seems like the last several movies that have been announced, I keep getting my hopes up that they'll seize the opportunity to really flesh out that Hero's supporting characters, and it really hasn't worked out that way. I realize that's me getting my hopes up, but it doesn't make it less disappointing.

It seems like the last several movies that have been announced, I keep getting my hopes up that they'll seize the opportunity to really flesh out that Hero's supporting characters, and it really hasn't worked out that way. I realize that's me getting my hopes up, but it doesn't make it less disappointing.

Yeah, I can agree with that. I think they did a decent job with Iron Man (even though Stilt-Man's really a Daredevil villain...), but Thor and Cap were a bit disappointing. Well, Cap more then Thor, because we did get Beta Ray Bill, Balder, and Sif, but I can't believe that we still haven't seen the Enchantress and Skurge. For Cap, I'm just flabbergasted that we haven't seen the Falcon, since DST has those snazzy Vulture wings sitting around. We did get Crossbones at least, and Armin Zola was a major treat.

One thing I'd suggest to DST if they do the joint comics wave thing again is to ditch the army builder; I'd have suffered through having multiples of a character if it meant getting the Enchantress or the Falcon.

I'd say if they're going to do merged waves, cut down on multiple versions of the same character. In Wave 42 we got three versions of Thor, and four if you count Beta Ray Bill, who's wearing the costume and carrying a hammer. Why he was in the wave is a mystery to me when we already got him in a box set. If you want to include Bill, take him out of the box set and throw in a new character, or vice versa. I guess my point is I'd like to see more logic when laying out waves, the TRU complementary sets and any ancillary box sets. I thought LCS Wave 42 was actually pretty weak lineup wise, the TRU sets were much more compelling than what made it in the LCS wave, at least to me. If Thor got his own box set then I don't see why he got so many slots in the LCS wave.

when someone like BRB gets made, I suppose DST has to consider multiple releases to justify the cost of new sculpted parts. I do understand that, but yeah... in an idea world I'd have been all about a Warriors Three & Sif box set instead of Stormbreaker (and I did love that Stormbreaker set).

In fact, ideal world... both, but a Heimdall for 2nd Sif... ohhhhh yeahhh.

I am steeled to the idea they will not happen this year.

No there's no rhyme of reason they haven't been made yet, except they keep getting bumped from line ups for whatever reason.

And with the focus clearly on the Avengers this year, there's no better time.

But call it a gut feeling.

I just don't think they are happening.

And I'm afraid Valo will just have to get used to Avengers for a while. We have 1 more Iron Man, 2 more Cap, Thor, and Avengers movies all contracted out over the next few years.

So I have the feeling we will not see these four until they become relavent to a movie plot.

I am begging, BEH-GING Chuck and the gang to prove me wrong. I so want to be wrong.

And now I sit and wait for One (1) Zach Oat to show up and tease and snicker silently as we say speculative junk about things he may have actual answers about but can't tell us.

You think I'm snickering? I just want to cheer you guys up. I tease to give hope, not to torment.

If I told you ONE of those four guys was happening this year -- JUST ONE -- would you be happy, sad, angry or satisfied?

If I told you ONE of those four guys was happening this year -- JUST ONE -- would you be happy, sad, angry or satisfied?

Depends on the one.

Odds?

Kang – 60%

Winter Soldier – 35%

Baron Zemo – 0%

Falcon – 5%

Edited by Lobsterman

Kang.

Winter Soldier.

Baron Zemo.

Falcon.

I'm getting set for disappointment. Based on the reveals we've seen for this year, I'm really starting to see them passing over all four of those this year.

NOPE! :biggrin:

Zach confirmed earlier this month that we were getting *at least* ONE off this list!

Also, before everyone busts out their torches & pitchforks, don't the SDCC exclusives usually get announced just before SDCC? Meaning, if we don't see them at Toy Fair in a few weeks, don't give up all hope!

As much as it'd be great to have Kang (loved those EMH episodes he was in) I'm hoping for Falcon. My Minimates wants are usually driven by comics that I've read, and I read a lot of Cap when I first started out. My first ever comic book was the "War and Remembrance" trade paperback, reprinting the classic Stern/Byrne run.

On that note, anyone reckon we're ever likely to get Batroc, Baron Strucker or Baron Blood minimates?