UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kang the Conqueror discussion

Mirymate

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is exactly why I've proposed a Squirrel Girl/Rocket Raccoon 2 pack in the MvC thread. That way, everyone wins (including PETA).

You know PETA would be against it because Squirrel Girl would promote wearing fur and people would stick rockets on raccoons. Sorry, I just find it kind of funny that PETA is targeting Tanooki Mario currently. :lol:

http://features.peta.org/mario-kills-tanooki/

But methinks there is a Multiverse Civil War over Kang's successor brewing...

That is exactly why I've proposed a Squirrel Girl/Rocket Raccoon 2 pack in the MvC thread. That way, everyone wins (including PETA).

You know PETA would be against it because Squirrel Girl would promote wearing fur and people would stick rockets on raccoons. Sorry, I just find it kind of funny that PETA is targeting Tanooki Mario currently. :lol:

http://features.peta...-kills-tanooki/

A Civil War between PETA and MMMV? :confused:

I try and think of it this way; odds say that there will only be one Kang ever made in Minimate form, so isn't it best that he hasn't been made yet? We could've gotten a Kang years ago, but just think of how much more awesome he could be made now that Minimates are looking as good as they are. We could have gotten him as a mainly vanilla-mate before, but now think of all the possibilty of how much cooler he could be made now. Just saying.

http://features.peta...-kills-tanooki/

A Civil War between PETA and MMMV? :confused:

I try and think of it this way; odds say that there will only be one Kang ever made in Minimate form, so isn't it best that he hasn't been made yet? We could've gotten a Kang years ago, but just think of how much more awesome he could be made now that Minimates are looking as good as they are. We could have gotten him as a mainly vanilla-mate before, but now think of all the possibilty of how much cooler he could be made now. Just saying.

That's true.

But the other side of that coin is to ask yourself: "Man, how cool is it that they waited to make a minimate of Metamorpho or Alan Scott?" :confused: And yes, I realize it was a different "company"... but still, the "I hope they'll make him soon so I don't miss out" mentality (at least for me) is still there.

Focus, people, focus!!!

Kang is the objective here. We cannot afford to look past Kang and start planning our next project when Kang has yet to be announced. As a sports fan, I know that as soon as a team looks past their current opponent because they think they have the game in hand before the start of it, then they will lose that game. We can not afford to just assume that Kang is a lock next year. We have to keep the pressure going until Kang's minimate is announced.

We are close on this one! I can feel it!

So. Kang.

If he were to be made, how would you want him done?

-Two guns, I'm thinking, so re-enact his Avengers Forever scenes. That big gattling gun one, for sure.

-His Air Chair from his first appearance would be nice, but that'd be a little more sculpting and might not be cost efficient. Plus, I'd want the best possible Kang figure, even if it meant a few less accessories.

-His blue face-mask would be a tampo, while the purple part of the mask would slip down over the head. Think Doombot/Sentinel.

His blue face-mask would be a tampo, while the purple part of the mask would slip down over the head. Think Doombot/Sentinel.

Doombot Minimates are blessed with 3 tampos on their flesh coloured heads...... white ,black & red post-638-0-54329400-1321571394_thumb.jpg (Hail Ivan) . An obscure character like Kang will have his head moulded in blue with a single darker blue tampo ,the mask will be moulded in purple with a single tampo. He will be awesome :mellow:

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to let you Kangorians (Kangons? Who are you people?!?) know what happend over at Facebook.

I posted a link to eclipse' Kang custom over at Bamf and while DST (I guess it's Zach, right?) first commented:

"You trying to incite a riot, Harris?"

they afterwards said the words a lot of you were waiting for - although I don't know how serious they were. Anyway they said after some blabla:

"I'm sure we'll get to him."

(now known to the 'verse as "Zach 12:5")

:ohmy:

"You trying to incite a riot, Harris?"

To which you should have answered "YES!"