UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kang the Conqueror discussion

Mirymate

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me clarify...

If the one is Winter Soldier, I will still be disappointed. Not angry, but definitly deeply disappointed.

Not saying WS isn't on my want list, but he's not in my top ten. The other three are. And Kang sits at the top of that list.

So Kang would back me happy. Zemo or Falcon I would be satisfied. WS would be just cool.

Since here is where we disccuss all things kang I decided to share this. When I bought my acrevelations copy I went on to redeem my online pass. And you know what was the code? AEPP-KANG-P5QP. Just a coincidence but I thought it was pretty funny.

Edited by Kostisfire

And now I sit and wait for One (1) Zach Oat to show up and tease and snicker silently as we say speculative junk about things he may have actual answers about but can't tell us.

You think I'm snickering? I just want to cheer you guys up. I tease to give hope, not to torment.

If I told you ONE of those four guys was happening this year -- JUST ONE -- would you be happy, sad, angry or satisfied?

I know it's good natured. I mean no ill will. We're I in your position, I'm sure I would have cracked and just let everything I knew slip. I would not withstand torture well.

And honestly, if it was just one, I don't know that it would matter to me. I'd be ecstatic if it were Zemo, but the rest aren't really big on my radar. They'd all be awesome. Now, if you said only one of those four would get made over the course of a year and they would be no other completely new characters in that year? Well then I'd be doing the "Are you kidding me!?" dance of rage.

And yes, it is a real dance I have choreographed (not well) and have been doing since college.

Edited by The Geohound

I'd like to have Kang, but given that the 4 of those characters haven't been made i'd be happy with any of them,. :biggrin:

I'd rather spend my $ on one of those than the latest Movie releases. Not because i dont like the movies when they are released but my collection is more geared towards comic book versions of characters i dont yet have. :)

It's a good thing that Zach has said one of those will be released, it shows they are moving in the right direction at least, releasing the movie minimates in time for the Avengers films and satisfying other collectors too with additional minimates.

I'll be patient and wait and see what happens.

Rich

If I told you ONE of those four guys was happening this year -- JUST ONE -- would you be happy, sad, angry or satisfied?

Happy, I think. Happy because all four, I think, have a case for being the biggest omission (kind of like having the "best player never to win a championship" rap), and it's nice to get one of those off the list. It will also be nice, actually, to see the one, whomever he might be, and know we shouldn't worry about the others for a little while. I mean, you guys KNOW by now those four are greatly desired by now, right?

And, as always, it'll depend on whom they are with. If, say, Baron Zemo's part of a Masters of Evil box set, I doubt anybody will think twice about Winter Soldier (well, most anybody). On the other hand, if Kang comes in a box set with Cap, Thor, and Iron Man, there's likely to still be some griping. That's just the way we roll around here. :biggrin:

I'd say if they're going to do merged waves, cut down on multiple versions of the same character. In Wave 42 we got three versions of Thor, and four if you count Beta Ray Bill, who's wearing the costume and carrying a hammer. Why he was in the wave is a mystery to me when we already got him in a box set. If you want to include Bill, take him out of the box set and throw in a new character, or vice versa. I guess my point is I'd like to see more logic when laying out waves, the TRU complementary sets and any ancillary box sets. I thought LCS Wave 42 was actually pretty weak lineup wise, the TRU sets were much more compelling than what made it in the LCS wave, at least to me. If Thor got his own box set then I don't see why he got so many slots in the LCS wave.

That was my gripe too. We've gone over this a few times with Zach already, but I don't see why that wave needed BOTH Civil War and Secret War Cap AND FA Thor and Armored Thor. Dropping one of each for Falcon, Winter Solder, Enchantress, or Skurge (to pick four Cap and Thor related characters completely at random ;)) would have made for a much stronger wave. Obviously, DST doesn't agree. And they do much more right then wrong, so I give 'em the benefit of the doubt.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just going to state that with my weekly blog posted today (easily seen right here), I might not be waiting much longer for Kang to be announced so I can start my campaign for a Squirrel Girl Minimate. Just serving notice that you guys need to push a little harder to get him made before I outshine you all on my quest to see some 2" squirrel goodness happen.

And for those already onboard, perhaps you should be a part of this.

Well aside from organizing a mob with torches and pitchforks to storm DST headquarters, I'm not sure what else we can do. (and then there's the little matter of the law frowning on such actions) Maybe I could convince the Occupy Movement that Chuck was a 1% guy holding down the poor down trodden Kang and get them to show up there for a protest, but that seems unlikely. And as badly as I want to see Kang made, I have just enough dignity left not to want to go all Lee Burns on them.

That statement right there is what separates us. As a matter of fact, I have no shame it seems as I just defended 'My Little Pony' lovers on Facebook.

Well everyone knows you kids ain't got no raisin'. Why in my day, you learned the importance of maintaining your dignity through abject humliliation from your teachers and peers. We didn't have any of this namby-pamby Self Esteem crap shoved on us at school. You screwed up, you got a paddlin' in front of everybody, or stand in the corner next to the teacher's desk for some arbitrary period of time. All the while yur buddies were snicking at ya, an the cute little redhead is lookin' embarassed she every spoke to ya. Bulit character. And we liked it.

Well everyone knows you kids ain't got no raisin'. Why in my day, you learned the importance of maintaining your dignity through abject humliliation from your teachers and peers. We didn't have any of this namby-pamby Self Esteem crap shoved on us at school. You screwed up, you got a paddlin' in front of everybody, or stand in the corner next to the teacher's desk for some arbitrary period of time. All the while yur buddies were snicking at ya, an the cute little redhead is lookin' embarassed she every spoke to ya. Bulit character. And we liked it.

I was always more fond of the 'go draw a circle on the chalkboard and put your nose in it for 30 minutes' style of correction. Then you could see just how far you could turn your head while still keeping your nose on theboard. I think that alone caused the two sinus surgeries I've had to have.

When we get a Kang minimate I'm going to have a t-shirt made with a picture of the 'mate on it with text below it stating: "Kangs for the memories".

After all the wishlisting, bitching, hoping, pining and moaning about this guy... I really hope we get him this summer at SDCC so I can retire him from my subconcious and wear that shirt for nostalgia-ness instead. It'll be like the passing of an age. An Age, I tell you!

Well, the campaign was old when I first joined. In fact, it would take a skilled MMMV archivist to find out exactly when it started. (psssst... NR, this is your cue) A commemorative T-shirt or something seems more than appropriate.

Soooo... at least 6 years? That's what you're sayin'? (man, if that's true I hope the Squirrle Girl Squad is willing to be as persistent) How time flies when you're beating your head against the wall. :wallbash: