UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2011 - What will be revealed at the show?

Counting down to SDCC 2011!!

In previous years we've seen new stuff at the show, but not massive amounts usually.

What do you guys hope/think we'll see? I'm sure we'll see KITT from Knight Rider, along with the MAX APC and whatever else comes in the vehicles wave 3

Personally, I'm just hoping for some new Movie/TV licenses, as I'm really getting tired of Video Game licenses.

I'm sure we'll see more Marvel - that's pretty much a sure thing.

Also, is anyone here planning on attending the DC Direct Panel and asking about DC minimates??

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, is anyone here planning on attending the DC Direct Panel and asking about DC minimates??

Yes. And bugging each and every person manning the DC Direct booth, each and every day.

I expect to get the same answer as always, but you can't blame a guy for trying... ;)

You know what I'd like to see? Little edible gummy Minimates.

I keep holding out hope that one day we'll see Image or Darkhorse 'mates. Maybe this is the year... or not. I expect we'll see the next wave of Calico Jack and M.A.X. and the Marvel line up for the rest of the year. Maybe we'll a get a glimpse at the Marvel Best of Movie thing that popped up on one of those TRU lists.

I keep holding out hope that one day we'll see Image or Darkhorse 'mates.

Invincible Minimates would start me collecting again for sure! They've got enough characters now for at least 6 waves and probably 2-3 boxsets as well.

I think Kirkman has unfortunately said that he doesn't have much interest in making toys from his characters, which makes no sense to me. I hope he changes his mind. I really would like to see DST tap into an indie comic with a large cast of characters, like Invincible or Project Superpowers.

Besides the usual parade of personal wants (that guy who's name begins with a "K" and ends in "ANG", for one) I'd really like to see more comic book Marvel characters now that the big burst of movie is over for a short time. More new characters with some re-do's of much needed folks (dinky Rhino, fat classic Iron Fist, no mouth Power Man) would be wonderful.

As for non-comic properties... speeding up the Universal Monsters release dates would be IDEAL.

Dark Horse and Image 'mates would be fantastic. Mike Allred's Madman and Mike Mignola's Hellboy would honestly make me quit asking about Kang.

According to AFX's FB page, Walt Simonson will be at their SDCC booth signing the Stormbreaker minimate sets.

As far as WHAT will be shown at the DST booth, I hope to see a Kang prototype (will hell freeze over first?) and I'd like to see a finished KITT and Michael Knight prototypes as well.

According to AFX's FB page, Walt Simonson will be at their SDCC booth signing the Stormbreaker minimate sets.

:jawdrop: Talk about cool. Folks, if you younger comics fans have not read Simonson's run of Thor, take the time to hunt this down. Ranks as one of the best runs of any comics I've ever read. Wonderful use of actual old Norse myths, ensorcerled sex slaves, and deaths. Go read it.

I just want to see series 42, maybe 43, TRU 12 & 13, Waves 2 & 3 of MvC3, and a few Marvel and MvC3 boxed sets. (yes, I maintain my riduclously narrow focus on 616 Marvel, and yes it's still a financial choice than anything else.)

Edited by Mirymate

Pretty sure we're gonna get that long-delayed Defenders V2 box set everyone wants more than any other set imaginable. You know: Nighthawk, Hellcat, Son of Satan, Gargoyle. I also imagine they'll finally get around to everyone's second most highly desirable set(s): Squadron Supreme.

ensorcerled

Great word! I wanna be encorcerled. Preferably not as a sex slave, but then again, I suppose that would depend on who I was made a slave for. Either of those chicks from "That 70s Show" would work (no, not the mom. . .but then again. . .).

Edited by karamazov80

Pretty sure we're gonna get that long-delayed Defenders V2 box set everyone wants more than any other set imaginable. You know: Nighthawk, Hellcat, Son of Satan, Gargoyle. I also imagine they'll finally get around to everyone's second most highly desirable set(s): Squadron Supreme.

ensorcerled

Great word! I wanna be encorcerled. Preferably not as a sex slave, but then again, I suppose that would depend on who I was made a slave for. Either of those chicks from "That 70s Show" would work (no, not the mom. . .but then again. . .).

I miss Hot Donna

aaaaaand this topic has officially jumped the tracks.

I think Kirkman has unfortunately said that he doesn't have much interest in making toys from his characters, which makes no sense to me. I hope he changes his mind. I really would like to see DST tap into an indie comic with a large cast of characters, like Invincible or Project Superpowers.

That was his stance, but later this year he is releasing 2 waves of Walking Dead figures by McFarlane... both comic and TV series.

Here's hoping but I seriously doubt it.

Get Fonzie in here and let's jump the shark

Mr. Henry Winkler takes great offense at this phrase. No, seriously. I saw him get very defensive during an interview about his roll in creating the phrase. He vehemently pointed out that the episode in question was actually very highly rated (even in reruns), the show continued to win it's time slot for several more years after that, and stayed in the top ten shows through out it's run. So in his expert opinion, the very pretense on which the concept has been named is flawed.

Just sayin'. Actually Henry's sayin', I'm just repeatin'.

Get Fonzie in here and let's jump the shark

Mr. Henry Winkler takes great offense at this phrase. No, seriously. I saw him get very defensive during an interview about his roll in creating the phrase. He vehemently pointed out that the episode in question was actually very highly rated (even in reruns), the show continued to win it's time slot for several more years after that, and stayed in the top ten shows through out it's run. So in his expert opinion, the very pretense on which the concept has been named is flawed.

Just sayin'. Actually Henry's sayin', I'm just repeatin'.

However there's no excuse for the nuked fridge. Perhaps we should consider fully adopting that one from now on.