UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2011 - What will be revealed at the show?

Odds the Cap / Thor wave is actually real and not just a TRU thing - 35%

Sorry as much as I'd like to see it, I think this is going to a lot like the FF TRU wave?

Just wait till Comic Con. You won't regret it. ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odds the Cap / Thor wave is actually real and not just a TRU thing - 35%

Sorry as much as I'd like to see it, I think this is going to a lot like the FF TRU wave?

Oooooooh = insider knowledge, eh???

Do you guys think we're going to see a Cap Wave & a Thor wave? I'm not a huge reader of either character, but i feel like they each deserve a whole wave to themselves... & there are so many supporting characters i'd like to see for each.

Edited by Nessex

You're getting to be quite the tease, MYTE.

Do you guys think we're going to see a Cap Wave & a Thor wave? I'm not a huge reader of either character, but i feel like they each deserve a whole wave to themselves... & there are so many supporting characters i'd like to see for each.

Do they have enough supporting characters and villains to deserve a wave each? Yes, absolutely. Will they get it? Coin Flip.

Just thinking about the inevitable news overload that will be heading our way from SDCC next week.

How's about we plan in advance the best way to keep things tidy, accessible and non-repetitive?

Should different topics have different threads from the outset?

Should they stay in the SDCC News 'Crisis of Infinite Minimates' section until someone decides to give it it's own thread?

How can we stop discussions about the same thing happening in different places as well as repetitive things being posted?

Personally, I am not a fan of massive threads that contain more than one topic that take a long time to sift through to find various things contained within then.

I would much more prefare a News Thread that only contains anything new we are learning or new images we get... no discussions. All the discussions can take place in relevant threads in the correct places.

What do you think... can it be done, does anyone even care?

Personally I agree with Pete. While I can understand it being neater to have it all in one thread, what if they announce some much needed boxset like modern Guardians of the Galaxy or "Avengers Villains who aren't Kang to rub salt into the wound" (;))? These would both be high on my list but if pictures are located on page 34 of a 58 page thread I may easily miss them.

I like my SDCC news like my sheets: high thread count. (stupid joke of the day.) I'd prefer multiple threads for specific items. It gets way too tedious trying to dig through pages and pages and pages trying to find that one pic or discussion. At the very least, it'd be nice if the first post of the thread were updated to include linkage to pics/news.

Maybe as a compromise, they can start as seperate threads, then after a few days/most people have seen the news/it's been posted on Headquarters, the various threads can be combined into this one?

Should they stay in the SDCC News 'Crisis of Infinite Minimates' section until someone decides to give it it's own thread?

How can we stop discussions about the same thing happening in different places as well as repetitive things being posted?

Hold your hands in a bowl shape and have a friend pour a pint of water in it. Your luck in keeping all the water in without spilling over is about the same as we'd have with keeping different discussions from being posted all over the place. So it's going to happen, it's inevitable. That being said, the idea of having a news/pics/links thread only and then a discussion only thread to compliment it is a really good idea. IMO those really help the contest threads, so I vote for that for the main SDCC news.

I do like a separate pictures thread. That way, those of us going can show our pics that can be easily seen instead of going through 10 pages of discussion. Plus, you just dump the images there without organizing. And you can post links to pics across the web there.

The only parsing I suggest is Marvel/MvC news in 'Marvel' forum. All else in 'Crisis of Infinite Minimates'. Just two places to look.

I was thinking about a separate SDCC/ToyFair/convention news subforum and then moving topics to where they need to be later, but that seems too much work.

Either way, the inmates will be running the asylum next week! It's going to be exciting!

Hold your hands in a bowl shape and have a friend pour a pint of water in it. Your luck in keeping all the water in without spilling over is about the same as we'd have with keeping different discussions from being posted all over the place. So it's going to happen, it's inevitable. That being said, the idea of having a news/pics/links thread only and then a discussion only thread to compliment it is a really good idea. IMO those really help the contest threads, so I vote for that for the main SDCC news.

Sounds good to me!

Would it be worth a mod puting these threads in place before the event kicks off?

I really wish I was going to the Con this year but I'll be tuning in to Station Storm 1:08 each & every day. OK the guy is a tad irritating & a rampant agist but I can forgive him that knowing full well that he'll be looking out for his old chum in blighty :thumbsup:

Love that guy....truly...love him....great guy....nice guy.

Lobsterman's nice as well ....as is Ivan .....generous types....handsome as well.

:sick:

Love that guy....truly...love him....great guy....nice guy.

I :wub: you too you old fart! And do you mean ageist? Or agist? I bloody can't tell with your accent sometimes. ;)

But yeah, hopefully I can randomly meet up with some members here at the DST booth so we can corner Chuck with questions. Otherwise, I don't know what I'll ask him. Suggestions welcome (except Kang inquiries).

And for the first time in years, I'll most likely go to the Minimates Panel since there's no conflict with the Lost panel!