UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2011 - What will be revealed at the show?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get Fonzie in here and let's jump the shark

Mr. Henry Winkler takes great offense at this phrase. No, seriously. I saw him get very defensive during an interview about his roll in creating the phrase. He vehemently pointed out that the episode in question was actually very highly rated (even in reruns), the show continued to win it's time slot for several more years after that, and stayed in the top ten shows through out it's run. So in his expert opinion, the very pretense on which the concept has been named is flawed.

Just sayin'. Actually Henry's sayin', I'm just repeatin'.

Yes, but it was during that interview that Henry Winkler himself jumped the shark. After that time, he was interviewed less and by less reputable sources. Just sayin'. Of course, I was never a big fan of the phrase 'jumping the shark' and have preferred 'menacing the phantom' myself.

Sorry for 'nuking the fridge' there. As to SDCC, I'm just glad we won't be seeing any new promos this year.

As to SDCC, I'm just glad we won't be seeing any new promos this year.

Do we know what MAX figures they will be giving away? I was thinking there were 4 pirates and 4 MAX mates as give-aways this year.

Black Panther Spidey is probably my favorite of that bunch.

Well his mate would probably have "back pecs" too. :rolleyes:

First time I've seen that pic, and obviously my favourite there is Dagger. "Cut out more of my revealing costume to make a negative image spider-symbol, you say? Sure!"

Nothing says friendship and solidarity like showing more skin.

Edited by Mirymate

I'm also pretty eager to see what offering Hasbro will be showing for the Marvel Universe line.

It'd be nice to see if they have any plans for SuperHero Squad too. That line really seems to have wound down lately. . . i'd be unsurprised (but saddened) if they announced it's end.

Also - There was mention of the return of the 6" Marvel Legends line in 2012. Maybe we'll see the first wave?

I'm also pretty eager to see what offering Hasbro will be showing for the Marvel Universe line.

It'd be nice to see if they have any plans for SuperHero Squad too. That line really seems to have wound down lately. . . i'd be unsurprised (but saddened) if they announced it's end.

Also - There was mention of the return of the 6" Marvel Legends line in 2012. Maybe we'll see the first wave?

I could be wrong, but i think SHS is only going to be sold at TRU

I could be wrong, but i think SHS is only going to be sold at TRU

Another victim of the Marvel Disney deal. No cartoon, no need for a mass market line. Shame. It was a cute show.

If we're expanding this to other toylines, I really hope that Hasbro surprises us with Avengers cartoon toys.

I love that pic. I wish Jessica Drew wore that on a normal basis.

As a fan of Scarlet Spider and Jessica Drew, I second this.

And I'd personally love to see a boxset or wave based around these costumes.

She shouldn't be . . . her costume is pretty different to all of her previous minimate releases.

Her GSXM gear was probably the clostest to her game costume - but i doubt they'd do a straight re-release of such an old figure.

Putting on my Prediction Hatâ„¢:

Odds of us seeing Wave 42 - 100%

Odds of it being the rumored comic Thor / Cap wave - 90%

From that wave, the odds of seeing the following characters:

- Falcon - 80%

- Crossbones - 70%

- Enchantress - 70%

- SHIELD Agents (army builder) - 60%

- Executioner - 50%

- Nick Fury - 50%

- Grey Gargoyle - 40%

- Sin - 40%

- Sharon Carter - 40%

- Lava Men (army builder) - 20%

- the Cobra - 10%

- Zarrko, the Tomorrow Man - 5%

- Doughboy - 2%

Odds the Cap / Thor wave is actually real and not just a TRU thing - 35%

Sorry as much as I'd like to see it, I think this is going to a lot like the FF TRU wave.

Prediction Hat: (my score at predicting upcoming Minimates over the last six years is -100% accuracy but I'm undaunted!)

Wave 42:

Cyclops / Pixie

Weapon X Wolverine / Silver Samurai

Colossus / Brood

Variant Russian Costume Colossus / Brood

Wave 43:

Bleeding Edge Iron Man / Iron Monger

Joe Fixit Hulk / Gremlin

Secret War Nick Fury / Shield Soldier

Variant Agent Hill / Shield Soldier

Wave 44:

Tigra / Vision