UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haggar looks great! Hulk looks like poo. Mags looks precisely like about 10 other versions of him that have already been released. I'm surprised Arthur is considered important enough to get released in multiple venues. . .but glad. He deserves it.

Retreads or no...

Everyone better freakin' BUY these guys... because Capcom and Diamond have come together to take a second shot at this video game minimate thing, after the Street Fighter thing didn't work out, and I want them to make some money this time so they stick with it!

This works out and it could lead to lots of things I've wanted for years including: More Street Fighter Minimates, MEGA MAN Minimates, RESIDENT EVIL Minimates and MOST importantly...

I believe Diamond has said their liscense extends to Marvel vs Capcom 2, which may be the best chance I EVER get at having them actually consider a Marrow Minimate!

(Note the first of my want list in my sig)

SO DON'T SCREW THIS UP FOR ME! *Shakes Fist*

(lol)

Edited by Gillbob316

really quite pleased with the Hulk, as I assume this'll be the same as the wave 41 version turns out... though with a different hairpiece. The torso also looks not to dissimilar to the Abomination's piece... so that seems like it may be a pretty simple 'improvement'

EDIT - as in, the bulked up Hulk arms n' legs may well fit straight on the Abomination, so details don't need repainting. The chestpiece itself is a reuse of Juggernauts, aye?

Edited by bobafett

Each character has, I believe, 4 different looks right from the get-go (including Punisher Cap, Red Guardian Cap, Gray Hulk, Symbiote Spidey, Stealth Iron Man, Brown Wolvie, etc.). Then, you can pay for a download of an extra costume for some of the characters. I'm hoping that the "P2" option allows for the downloadable option, because if so, we could have Res. Evil 1 Chris! MvC2 had Jill from Res. Evil 1, so that would be just too cool for school.

Here's some more alternate costumes from the game that could be cool:

Red Guardian (Cap outfit variant)

Red She-Hulk

Ultimate Magneto

'Old Man Logan' Dr. Doom

Doom 2099

Plus there's plenty of chances for updated versions of characters we've already seen like Iron Spider and Grey Hulk. I fully expect DST to tap into the different costume options (to the point of running it into the ground).

• 2 weeks later...

Want the Marvel halves of all of these. Not sure what I'm going to do with the others.

I'm hoping that at the least all the mates we've seen "sheets" for, (especially Taskmaster and Super Skrull) plus MODOK. (yeah I'm dreamin but hey, I'm allowed) I need another regular Cap, Spidey, and modern Thor like I need a fresh hole in the head. BUT the idea of a Red Guardian, Punisher Cap, or Doom 2099 are just too intriguing. Heck, I'd settle for Wolverine's present costume with a mask. (scandalously shocking idea I know)

I figure the Capcom 'Mates will be worth more than the Marvel ones, on balance. Throw the others up on eBay and make some of your money back if you don't want them. I'm mostly interested in the Capcom 'Mates, but of course, will be getting all of them. :pinch:

Yeah - i feel the same way about wanting the Marvel halves of all of these sets.

I think there are a lot of us out there who want a Modok. Can't wait to get Dormammu myself :thumbsup:

(PS: Welcome back! I can't tell you how i've hated going to Wikipedia for all my comic-book history over the past few months!)

Looks like MVC3 wave 2 has been announced:

Spider-Man vs. Chris Redfield, Wolverine vs. Viewtiful Joe, Super Skrull vs. Crimson Viper and Storm vs. Jill Valentine.

Can't wait to see Storm. I know we've had a few of her already, but it'd be nice to see a current-comic style accurate storm.

MvsC_S2__scaled_600.jpg

Full story here.

Apparently this is for the speciality market, so not sure who TRU will be getting.

I know Spidey and Wolverine were inevitable but still, it sounds good. Great to add another SF character to the collection.

Though I'm surprised to see these will be out in October when I thought Wave 1 was coming out then.

Okay... Cool. Is this the "Normal" wave or the TRU one? My guess would be "normal" as TRU will likely swap K'lirt and Ororo with Cap, Thor, or Doom.

But I asked for a mask on Wolvie, I got a mask.

And I hope SS is the most accessory ladden, parts swappin', how are they going to fit them all in the package minimate in the history of the line!!

Normal wave - most TRU exclusives get announced only through Diamond or leaked product lists from TRU computers.

Storm is a nice surprise - I look forward to seeing her. Have we seen Jill yet (artwork or Minimate)?

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Storm. I was just thinking that her old hairpiece with the tiara was a little dated. I'll be getting this update if it looks good.

For the most part, I'll probably be skipping the Marvel vs. Capcom minimates though. I love the game, and I've found the Capcom characters shown to be particularly interesting, but I just can't justify getting more Iron Mans, Hulks, Wolverines, & Spideys. The Phoenix minimate wasn't different enough from the old one either. They sure look nice, though. I suppose it's just that since I collect Marvel Universe, Star Wars, & the occasional Lego set, some things have to get cut. :(

That mask on Wolverine looks TERRIBLE :yucky: ! Why use that mask, rather then the wave 28 mask? And where are his pointy boots? Hopefully, we'll get those things sorted out by the time of the release.

I'm surprised they would release a photo with only part of the wave shown; heck, they haven't even mentioned the TRU exclusives. I actually think MODOK is likely for TRU; if you look at the recent TRU waves vs. specialty waves, you'll find that DST's actually been more willing to send obscure characters to TRU then comic book stores. Fingers crossed!