UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Age of Apocalypse 4 pack press photos

DaveOMac

Well that confirms it; Jean has a ribcage and no "boob" outline, except for that "shine" definition. That is terrible. :( I would have much prefered her AoA Phoenix outfit (that awesome red-striped one),but ya know what: it's Jeanie. She's incredible, and i'll own this version proudly.

Also, Apocalypse looks fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's the winner of BOTH Sets for me, a big improvement over the old one, and will be go-to version* and a favorite Minimate of mine from here-on-out.

*the other TWO broke... :rolleyes:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I like the first box better. I do like Dark Beast though. Hes the winner for me in this 4 pack.

Does anyboy know the booth number for DST at this years NYCC? AFX's booth is #1977, but I need the other one for some friends who are attending. Can anybody help me out or point me in the right direction?

Booth 1977

AFX is booth #1977. I need to know what DST's booth number is.

Not important because they have a big booth with a sign hanging from the ceiling that says "DIAMOND"

Edited by Rheul

I would have much prefered her AoA Phoenix outfit (that awesome red-striped one)

Sacrilege! LOL - nah, kidding. to each their own. I REALLY didn't like the 10 year anniversary story line. I pretend that it happened in another paralell universe, and not the actual 295. ;)

I actually prefer this costume, probably because i started reading in the early 90's when puffy sleeves were 'in' for girls. Also, it was fairly individual, whereas Bachalo re-used his Phoenix design on another character not long ago.

Still - i'll never say 'no' to more Jean :)

Pity that Dark Beast is so ... flat. I think he'd have popped a bit more if they'd given his pants the same metallic blue they used on the Dreadnought or at least some shine.

Yeah - it's a shame they didn't give him any of the braids with gold bands or earings that were in some of his earlier pictures. Might have kade him less drab.

EDIT: I think these are still proto's - i remember Beasts pants having a slightly metalic sheen in the Con pictures. So - Beasts 'dullness' and (more importantly) jeans boobs may be fixed yet :)

Also - the promo pics of Sunfire show him as a solid colour and i'm still holding out for a Translucent minimate.

Time will tell . . .

Edited by Nessex

The new mutant press photos show two different sunspots one reg and on translucent. So there's still hope. The age of Apocalypse is my favorite x-men story so any character from it is welcome. Dark beast looks drab but it really sets him apart from 616 beast I'm still waiting to see a blink or a morph :(

I see no problem with Jean's torso decal.

And, a clearer pic doesn't "confirm" anything. It still looks like the underside of her breasts with the "shine" in the middle of them, to me.

I think once you remove here shoulder pad doohickey, her breast definition will be even more noticeable.

Apocalypse and Logan both look amazing. I will make a new chest decal for Jean and upload it to the Factory. :)

Excellent.

And, a clearer pic doesn't "confirm" anything.

Agreed. I'm no closer to understanding what is going on with Jean's chest. Like Mini_Myte said, hopefully once we've got it in hand and can remove the shoulder piece we'll be able to tell what's going.

Agreed. I'm no closer to understanding what is going on with Jean's chest. Like Mini_Myte said, hopefully once we've got it in hand and can remove the shoulder piece we'll be able to tell what's going.

Where you going for a deliberate double entendre?

Dead link :(

Weird! Sorry about that, was working when I posted it.

So, does bbts have both stes up for pre order? No offense meant luke.

Nope. BBTS seem to sell every AFX exclusive, but don't list them until after the release date -- maybe some kinda non-competition thing, so they don't take away from AFX's preorders?

Where you going for a deliberate double entendre?

Hehe. I actually was NOT.