UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Age of Apocalypse 4 pack press photos

DaveOMac

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right on this set looks great! too bad the bio for Sunfire says Sunspot and describes that characters role in the Age of Apocalypse not Sunfires....someone wasn't paying attention to what they were doing at all

Jeff of the Miniacs

oooh maybe that means we'll be getting a Sunspot, since they have his bio on hand? or, someone just looked up the wrong character.

i loved the AoA when it came out (i remember it was right around when AOL came out and i always got the 2 confused when talking about em lol) so i think both sets are must haves for me.

I would say he body is translucent but the head doesn't seem so. Also anyone id the green collar looking thing behind and to the right of Rogue's head?

It's an extra without the Cape-part on it, for alternate display.

I can't fathom why DST is so hellbent on packaging characters without masks/helmets on when they need it most; Magneto without his creepy black face and helmet, but wit his craggy old-man face and "flowing locks" just doesn't give the same appeal...

Sunfire and Scott look great, however!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't fathom why DST is so hellbent on packaging characters without masks/helmets on when they need it most; Magneto without his creepy black face and helmet, but wit his craggy old-man face and "flowing locks" just doesn't give the same appeal...

Remember Silver Centurion Iron Man and the red paint stains? The factory did a rush job and didn't let the paint dry so that is the reason for it. While I agree that I would prefer the mask on, I think DST is leaving the mask off as a precaution.

Hey Guys,

Packaging pics of the 2nd AoA set have shown up on the Art Asylum blog:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2010/09/even...alypse-for-you/

Shame they called Logan 'Wolverine' rather than Weapon X. Wolverine was a totally different character in the AoA:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2009...arth-295%29.jpg

Looks like 'boob-gate' made it to the final product if these pics are to be believed.

EDIT: Apocalypse looks like he's been given Blue lips. The promo shot showed him with grey lips. I think it looks better.

It's kind of hard to tell, but it looks like a hint or metallic blue peeking out of the packaging @ Beasts waist line. Hopefully this means his pants will be brighter metallic shade than what was shown in the promo shots.

Over-all, i'm pretty happy with what i'm seeing here :)

Edited by Nessex

Hey Guys,

Packaging pics of the 2nd AoA set have shown up on the Art Asylum blog:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2010/09/even...alypse-for-you/

Shame they called Logan 'Wolverine' rather than Weapon X. Wolverine was a totally different character in the AoA:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2009...arth-295%29.jpg

Looks like 'boob-gate' made it to the final product if these pics are to be believed.

EDIT: Apocalypse looks like he's been given Blue lips. The promo shot showed him with grey lips. I think it looks better.

It's kind of hard to tell, but it looks like a hint or metallic blue peeking out of the packaging @ Beasts waist line. Hopefully this means his pants will be brighter metallic shade than what was shown in the promo shots.

Over-all, i'm pretty happy with what i'm seeing here :)

Going off of "Boob-gate," for you non-believers, look at the black part of the costume and the, forgive me for how awful this sounds, the center of her chest. You can see the curves of her breasts and ribs, and there is even a slight line towards the bottom of her breasts to show where they actually are.

Those two big lines below are DEFINITELY Jean's ribs.

Going off of "Boob-gate," for you non-believers, look at the black part of the costume and the, forgive me for how awful this sounds, the center of her chest. You can see the curves of her breasts and ribs, and there is even a slight line towards the bottom of her breasts to show where they actually are.

Those two big lines below are DEFINITELY Jean's ribs.

Oh, i concur! Those lines are her ribs - ny issue is just that the under-boob shading looks a bit too high.

Still - i'm glad to be getting this set. most of these looks only featured for a maximum of like 6-issues (Alpha, 1, 2, 3, 4 & Omega).

I'm going to pass on the AoA mates, as i've never read it or anything (plus, y'know... money n' all that), but I do think that Apocalypse head is fantastic, a real improvement on the w19(?) one

will be requesting that pic when you guys start getting your hands on them.

Those "rib lines" make a perfect circle lined up with her cleavage.

You are all wrong.

If you are correct then Jean has giant old lady boobs that droop to her belly button. What are the other lines between the "ribs" and the top of the breast then? Gigantic areola protruding through her costume??

The lower lines are clearly ribs. You can tell from how they arch over the abdominal line to form the solar-plexus. The lines in between the ribs and the top of the breast are either shadow or just poorly positioned lines that should make up the bottom of the breast. If you look at the packaged mate it looks much better than the pic on the back of the box.

Those "rib lines" make a perfect circle lined up with her cleavage.

You are all wrong.

If you are correct then Jean has giant old lady boobs that droop to her belly button. What are the other lines between the "ribs" and the top of the breast then? Gigantic areola protruding through her costume??

The lower lines are clearly ribs. You can tell from how they arch over the abdominal line to form the solar-plexus. The lines in between the ribs and the top of the breast are either shadow or just poorly positioned lines that should make up the bottom of the breast. If you look at the packaged mate it looks much better than the pic on the back of the box.

Correct-a-mundo times 10.

Wrong.

The lines in the middle are the comic-style "shading" that are painfully evident in this picture:

standing.jpg

aoa210.jpg

The line that you think is her ribs, that is in actuality the bottom of her breasts, is halfway down the torso block, where all Minimate women have them.

aoa2110.jpg

aoa-1.jpg

Rogue's are in the same spot.

fig0143flg.jpg

Do you think She-Hulk has no lower definition? That she has two rib lines?

fig0075flg.jpg

Do you think the middle line are the bottom of Firestar's chest, and the actual bottom is her ribline?

You are right that those middle lines ARE shine lines. Those aren't the debate. The issue is that Jean does NOT have an outline for the bottom of her breasts. AT ALL. You can plainly see where they are supposed to be though, with the black part of the costume suggesting curves.

63y4cx.jpg

Jean had a much more elongated torso, and i thinkl DST was just trying to fit it all in without making the tampo too cluttered.

Either way, there is no defined breat bottom. There is shine, there are ribs, but not definition to her womanly form.