UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Age of Apocalypse 4 pack press photos

DaveOMac

I've had several requests from board members wanting me to post some pics of the AFX AoA set. Now, I know that NNY had posted some pics last week and that was fine by me (less work for me), but my public has harassed asked me nicely for some detailed shots. These are for the fans. Enjoy!

dont worry about it yer pix are fantastic! mine we really just a result of being bored and happening to have a camera handy.

also... and idk if this is the place for it but im sorta heartbroken...um ...anyone elses sunfire have their leg..literally shatter just above the knee hinge? would they replace him or what? *tear*

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got this box set. Everything looks good except by Jean Grey has a horrendous paint job, the red is all splotchy and mishapen on her legs and the blue on her legs is barely covering it compared to the pics posted earlier.

Strange though is that my Apoc came looking right with his extra torso piece on top.(I didn't have to flip it)

It's kinda hard to see detail dude. :/ Aside from that it's a very nice review. I think i said this before but you have a very nice cadence to your voice.

Yeah my camera only will focus once while making a video, so I need to keep everything within a certain range of the camera or else it gets blurry.

Could you do one with Issac Hayes narrating and a nice slow jazz soundtrack in the background?

"Oooh yeaahhh... I'm pullin' out the plastic tra-ay... cuttin' that tape, and poppin' out that Mini Rogue... and baybay... lemme tell you she's sooooo fine (so fine yeah)."

:lol:

I've got a question for anybody who has the Rogue set.

How's that Rogue cape look on classic Loki?

Don't know how the cape would look on Loki, but the AoA Rogue's glove parts work great on 90s Rogue since I felt DST/AA kinda went cheap by not giving her gloves ends yet did for AoA Rogue.

Don't know how the cape would look on Loki, but the AoA Rogue's glove parts work great on 90s Rogue since I felt DST/AA kinda went cheap by not giving her gloves ends yet did for AoA Rogue.

I think we didn't get Glove cuffs on the 90's Rogue in a effort to avoid making her foreams too bulky, as she already had the rolled up jacket ends there.

It would have looked very busy/chunky if she'd had both sets of cuffs next to eachother.

Edited by Nessex

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got my AoA sets. Oh my - how i am in love! :wub:

Possibly my all time favourite cross-over event has been given a selection of minimates. Joyful Joy!

can i ask a question of anyone else who has the logan/jean set: the slip on gauntlets for Weapon X's amputated hand - is the end of the gauntlet meant to be open? I anticipated it would be more of a cup shape - but mine is more like a tube. Is this the case with everyones?

I got my AoA sets. Oh my - how i am in love! :wub:

Possibly my all time favourite cross-over event has been given a selection of minimates. Joyful Joy!

can i ask a question of anyone else who has the logan/jean set: the slip on gauntlets for Weapon X's amputated hand - is the end of the gauntlet meant to be open? I anticipated it would be more of a cup shape - but mine is more like a tube. Is this the case with everyones?

Yep, mine was that way. Both the clawed and un-clawed versions were tubes as opposed to capped. I did note, however, that a one bump round Lego stud is the perfect size to fit in Wolvie's stump :) I have not taken the time to cut the Lego stud down yet, but that is my intention for a properly capped hand.

Edited by Onyx_6

• 3 weeks later...

Very Shmick! You ought to put on the hand where his claws are busting through his gauntlet thing!

Has anyone received extra shoulder pads with the AoA Magneto? Mine was missing his and DST have said that they don't have any spares :(

• 2 months later...

Sorry... old thread necro and all that, but thought AoA fans would dig this.

Starting in May's Uncanny X-Force #11 by Rick Remender, the X-Force team will travel into the AoA universe for cross-over event.

DST will be pleased as they have these sets out and have a few more AoA characters & Fantomex on the way. Might this even lead to filling out this roster some more?

For more info and teaser images... go here

I am a HUGE AoA fan - and i have to say they this worries the me greatly.

The last time that the AoA was visited (the 10 year anniversary) i had to curl up in a ball and cry until i convinced myself that it was non-cannon and existed in a universe other than the 295.

The AoA was a fun story for the 90's with a dramatic and heart-breaking ending. Leave it there!

After Frankencastle

You could have stopped there. Just mentioning the word 'Frankencastle' should say that the writer who did that should never be allowed to work in comics again.

You guys and you're Frankencastle hate. That series was amazing! Between the Frank/Manthing fastball Special and the sheer viciousness of that rematch with Daken, that book was nothing but fun, old school comics.