UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Age of Apocalypse 4 pack press photos

DaveOMac

I think if they were trying for a 'shine effect', they completely missed the mark. The effect should have been flipped upside down to resemble the shine in the comic artwork. I'd like to see the minimate without the collar piece to really see the full detail.

I agree 100% that this chest is just awkward looking.

I'm convinced that what is labeled in this chart as "breast bottom" is actually meant to be ribcage definition. There's a false comparison with 'Mates like Rogue and Firestar due to the red pattern that runs down the middle of Jean's AOA costume ... which seems to be too wide and looks like the body definition lines on most female 'Mates. If you look at the art from the comic page, the black side panels begin right under the breast and should cover the sides of her torso. Instead, it's too wide and the lack of actual torso/waist definition only makes matters worse.

What seems to be missing on this figure is lower breast definition. What's labeled as "ribs" is more like where the waist definition comes into play on the other 'Mates shown, IMO. The super-high cleavage isn't helping this any. The shine just adds to the confusion and the shoulder piece isn't helping.

*sigh* Can't wait to see Luke's fix.

EDIT: Twisted Two-Face got his in as I was typing mine. I think we are in agreement here. When I get a chance, maybe I'll try a subtle PhotoShop fix to illustrate how easy this might have been to fix.

Edited by Binaryan

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the shine should be upside down. Maybe all of you wouldn't be seeing the absolute wrong thing, then.

I don't know what that "bizarre inward fold" curve you're talking about is. I always thought it was just the black design coming into the red on the costume, having nothing to do with her body underneath. But it does not match up with her cleavage like you think it does.

If what you think is her ribs is, then her ribs are higher than every other Minimate female we've ever gotten, and her breasts are tiny & deformed, and she's unimaginably anorexic to have such an oddly rounded shape & such a thick defining line to her ribcage. Look at the rib detailing of any other female Minimate (Firestar doesn't have them, but Rogue & She-Hulk do). They curve, but are not circular. The lines you think are Jean's ribs are circular, and in the wrong direction.

The actual bottom of her breasts (what you think are her ribs) matches up with her cleavage, forming almost perfect circles. They don't meet, because of the separation between cloth & skin.

Dammit men! Can't you see Jean has FOUR breasts?

Have you all not read AoA? Dark Beast mutated Jean in the poorly distributed Power Pack crossover. Sick, sick stuff actually. I heard rumors that Marvel pulled the issue shortly after release because they killed off the Rainbow kid.

Edited by Jatta Pake

Either way, there is no defined breat bottom. There is shine, there are ribs, but not definition to her womanly form.

I was thinking the same thing. It looks like a case of too much editing. The final product just doesn't look right. That's even IF the lower line is intended to be the breast bottom. It's still a pretty messed up boob. If it works for you, Tenime, that's cool. You don't have to worry about applying Luke's decal. :P

The Power Pack ruins everything.

just thought I'd point out that TENIME is clearly right... I don't know how there can be any debate

Because he's wrong. :P

:P

now, I don't want to get into a big debate about it n' all... but I can't leave the poor guy fighting here alone. Those bottom lines do match up with her cleavage area. If anyone goes and has a look at the ol' database, that is where a lot of the ladies' chests do go down to (oversized? certainly... but these are comic book ladies!). The top lines do seem to be the prominent shading line on her costume... I do however think its been badly applied.

either way, these are cool looking mates, and I'm happy for you'll who are excited about them

• 2 weeks later...
I want an AOA X-Man minimate already...He was kind of the crux of the story and he's MIA from both sets... <_<

It's been mentioned that there will be one or more 2-packs offered to help flesh out the AoA box-sets. I'd be surprised if we didn't see X-Man in one of the 2-packs.

I want an AOA X-Man minimate already...He was kind of the crux of the story and he's MIA from both sets... <_<

It's been mentioned that there will be one or more 2-packs offered to help flesh out the AoA box-sets. I'd be surprised if we didn't see X-Man in one of the 2-packs.

Blink & Sabretooth are shoe-ins as well. Who'd be a good candidate for a fourth AoA mate?

I sure hope so, he is one of my favorite all time characters.

Blink & Sabretooth are shoe-ins as well. Who'd be a good candidate for a fourth AoA mate?

Wild Child, to go with Sabertooth of course!

Edited by Robbie

I sure hope so, he is one of my favorite all time characters.

Wild Child, to go with Sabertooth of course!

A 2" Wildchild would look funny posed atop a 2" Sabretooth.

3481373432_86d70782e1.jpg