UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Age of Apocalypse 4 pack press photos

DaveOMac

AFX just posted photos on their Facebook of the new figures. Looks like Magneto comes with 2 heads.

Here's the link for their Facebook and the article I wrote for my web site.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pa...ss/166601910677

http://crimsonmonkey.com/previews/nycc-201...imates-box-set/

Very excited for this set now!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice stuff. They are really getting their mileage out of that studded collar piece.

Well, Madureira (the artist on Astonishing X-Men vol1) figured that if they were all Magneto's students, that their costumes would all be similar to his, so studded collars became very en vogue during the AOA. I think everyone on that team wore one; rogue, Sunfire, Sabretooth, Wild Child, Morph & Blick all had 'em.

post-2737-1284821936_thumb.jpg

Hopefully this means we'll see more of the characters produced in the future as a cost-cutting measure :P

I'm loving this set & am really glad Mags gets his reversible head with just the eyes on it. Hope that Sunfire gets the translucent treatment.

Can't wait for good press pics of the other set too.

Thanks for the great find, DaveOMac.

Edited by Nessex

Mags helmet must be huge if it fits over the hairpiece as well. Looking better everytime I see new photo's.

I think actually it might be molded to the helmet. Like he has a seperate hairpiece and then the helmet with molded on parts for the hair underneath. That's just how it looks to me.

Mags helmet must be huge if it fits over the hairpiece as well. Looking better everytime I see new photo's.

I think actually it might be molded to the helmet. Like he has a seperate hairpiece and then the helmet with molded on parts for the hair underneath. That's just how it looks to me.

Gotta Agree, the hair piece extensions look different that the Helmet hair extensions......

The set looks great though, kinda hoping Sunfire is Transparent though.

I'm very disappointed that the final Magneto appears to be a diluted version of the prototype I saw at SDCC. The helmet was much 'sharper' around the lower 'chin' areas & the whole figure now looks ordinary. <_<
I agree, but my biggest gripe is that they ditched the wind swept cape.

They've gone from what was a magnificent figure to now what us a "ordinary" figure.

Still gonna get it though!!

I'll still get the set Pete but the Magneto I saw was stunning.....absolutely stunning ,perhaps the best Minimate I have ever seen..I'm serious.

The item I'm now looking at in Dave's link is OK.

I'm hoping the group shot is more accurate than the individual shot of Magneto. The purple in the first pic is much more striking and effective, IMO than the lighter, muted purple in the second. Rogue looks spot on though something about the hair irks me. I wonder if they'll include any accessories?

Does anyboy know the booth number for DST at this years NYCC? AFX's booth is #1977, but I need the other one for some friends who are attending. Can anybody help me out or point me in the right direction?

Booth 1977

Edited by DaveOMac

Does anyboy know the booth number for DST at this years NYCC? AFX's booth is #1977, but I need the other one for some friends who are attending. Can anybody help me out or point me in the right direction?

Booth 1977

AFX is booth #1977. I need to know what DST's booth number is.