UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Boyd's Customs

i really like that joker, this next question may sound silly but where does the name boyd actually come from i've always wondered?

Boyd is my middle name. It's also my father's first name. I guess you should ask my grandfather where it comes from.

I spy a Prowler custom that's not listed on your site ;)

Huh, so there is :) I'll post pictures of him eventually.

In the meantime, here's my Earth 2 Robins. For those of you not familiar with the Earth 2 Robin - he's the Robin from Earth 2, a parallel universe where they have the Justice Society of America instead of the Justice League. He's grown up and has taken over for the retired Batman.

rbin_erth2_one_01.jpg

Earth 2 Robin in his first (and really bad) costume. There's a reason I never added this one to my customs site - it's not very good. I made him years ago (2005, I think) out of a C3 Batman. The face is fine, the hair is fine, the chest emblem is great, but that collar... It's made from Sculpey, and I just wasn't skilled or experienced enough at the time to make it look great. So I put him on my shelf and kinda forgot about him.

rbin_asss_01.jpg

And Earth 2 Robin in the second and superior costume. This one turned out pretty good - the hair, face and details are all good. The cape was one of my first experiments with Magic Sculpt, which is why it looks like a triangle of drywall hanging from Robin's back. But the part that bugs me is the belt. It's thick and the ends point down, meaning it won't fit on the torso or hips piece like a regular belt. So I did the best I could at the time with paper. Today I'm still not sure the best way to make that belt.

More pictures posted later tonight at my customs site.

Edited by boyd

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look what the cat dragged in!

ctwmn_sa_one.jpg

It's Silver Age Catwoman, in a costume that just makes no sense if she's a cat burglar. How are you suppose to be sneaky with a cape that big?

ctwmn_90s_one.jpg

And the 1990's Catwoman, in it's skin-tight glory. Which does not translate well to flat block figures.

More pictures and full write-ups are available at my site.

Look what the cat dragged in!

ctwmn_sa_one.jpg

It's Silver Age Catwoman, in a costume that just makes no sense if she's a cat burglar. How are you suppose to be sneaky with a cape that big?

ctwmn_90s_one.jpg

And the 1990's Catwoman, in it's skin-tight glory. Which does not translate well to flat block figures.

More pictures and full write-ups are available at my site.

WOWZERS! Great work on both of these!

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. Nessex, I think I like Catwoman a little too much to sell her right now. ;)

How about some new customs?

rddlr_frml_one.jpg

It's the Riddler in his trademark question mark suit.

lmpkn_one.jpg

And in honor of the Fantastic Four wave hitting this week, I present Willie Lumpkin, the Fantastic Four mailman.

More pictures & more babbling from me can be seen at my site.

HOLY COW!!! These are incredible! Riddler is 10x better than the actual figure and Willie Lumpkin?!? SPOT ON! The carrier bag is genius! Makes me hope the MAX line lasts long enough for us to get Postal Service Workers!! :) Imagine this guy packed with the cranky Postwoman who weighs our packages! GOLD I tell you! :biggrin:

Great customs Boyd. How'd ya make the mailbag for Willie and is it removable?

Non-removable. It's actually the Old Man Hawkeye jacket with the sword holder & arrows cut off. Then I sculpted a mail bag from Magic Sculpt and glued it to his side, lining up with the existing shoulder strap.

Thanks for all the kind words - even Buttheadmate's. :)

WoW Willie Lumpkin is friggin killer had to comment on him he is spot on

Thanks again for the kind words everyone. I hope my next customs are as well-received as my mailman.

btmn_rnbw_one.jpg

It's the Rainbow Batman (Batmen?), from the classic Detective Comics cover.

Why did I make a bunch of multi-colored Batmans (Batmen?)? For my entry in the poster contest!

cover_MMversion.png

Full details on how and why the poster & customs were made (and a bigger picture of my poster) can be seen at my web site.

No, doing it in Photoshop would have been the easy, time-saving thing to do. I choose to do things the hard way. :)

I don't feel bad about making them, actually. They add a lot of color to my Batman section in my Minimate displays.