UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Boyd's Customs

Due to popular demand, I'm starting a thread here on the Multiverse for my new customs. You won't have to go to my web site (Boyd's Minimate Customs) to see my latest creations anymore. Though I'll have more pictures and a better write-up at my site, so if you're interested you can check that out.

Or you can stay here. I won't be hurt.

Anyway, here's my latest custom - Vandal Savage:

vndlsvge_one.jpgvndlsvge_two.jpg

You can see more Vandal Savage at my site.

Edited by boyd

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the kind words.

Fantastic work or Ra's Boyd. One of your best pieces yet. Looks damn official to me. Which makes me wish even more that DCD hadn't sh!t canned the line.

It's been years, but I feel the same way about the untimely death of the DC Minimates. It's why I keep making more and more DC characters, to fill the holes they left.

• 1 month later...

Just looking through one of your latest posts on your site (The figure display close ups) and I noticed 2 Robin customs that I cant seem to find on your site.

They are the Earth-2 Robin's towards the back. (the Adult Robin with the big yellow belt and the Batman style costume with the yellow cape) Are they your customs or someone else's? and any chance of a closer picture if getting at them wont destroy your display. :)

Good eye! I was wondering if someone would notice those. :)

There's a few customs in my display that I've never put on my web site for one reason or another. In the case of the Robins, I made those years ago, but was never 100% satified with how they turned out. With more practice and new parts, I'm sure I could do them much better now. But if you're interested, I'll take some pictures of them and post them soon.

Wow, when was the last time I posted a custom in this thread? Stupid really busy summer...

jkr_asylm_one.jpg

Hey look, it's Asylum Joker! Sure, it's a really easy custom, but it game me a chance to make a new Joker face, and really, who else is going to wear a straightjacket? Maybe Houdini...

Earth 2 Robins coming soon.

Edited by boyd

Wow, when was the last time I posted a custom in this thread? Stupid really busy summer...

jkr_asylm_one.jpg

Hey look, it's Asylum Joker! Sure, it's a really easy custom, but it game me a chance to make a new Joker face, and really, who else is going to wear a straightjacket? Maybe Houdini...

Earth 2 Robins coming soon.

NICE!!!