UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Boyd's Customs

Damn - i was JUST about to suggest the very same thing. LOL

Well done Mini_Myte

No Nessex... you mean well done Boyd. Now you just have to get Dr. Doomsy from Lurch77 (you may have to kill him for it) Boyd and your ship will be complete.

Apologies. In my haste to congratulate you for beating me to the Dr Doomsy gag, i didn't actually congratulate the ships creator! Very VERY nice work, Boyd! Tis a fine looking vessel!

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Who wants an update?

First, a couple of customs from last year - my entry for the last CustomCon, Crayonmates:

crynmts_group.jpg

And the custom I made for my Secret Santa gift last year, Christmas Cap:

cptnmrca_chrstms_three.jpg

And now the new stuff - Barry Allen Flash:

flsh_brrylln_one.jpg

And Wally West Flash, in his last and seldom-seen costume:

flsh_wllywst_one.jpg

More pics, recipes and assorting babbling can always be seen at my custom site.

Wally looks sad somehow; did he just come out of a DC editorial meeting?

Wally just heard Rob Liefeld will be relaunching him in the new DC universe. It's going to be hard to run without feet.

first , let me say, these are outstanding! i am also bummed out bigtime that so many A-list guys were never made. You've done them "Justice"<_<

now time for goofing... I can see it now...

Rob- " I want to take The Flash in a new direction"

DC guy- "oh yeah, how's that?"

Rob- "I'd like to slow him down, I mean why does he have to be so fast? am I right?"

DC guy- "what are you thinking?"

Rob- " pockets, and lots of them! Ooh, and tiny pointy feet, and tons of straps, and He'll look so cool with a red leather jacket, with tons of pockets"

DC guy-":mellow:"

Rob-":thumbsup:"

DC guy - thinking to himself (I better call Jim Lee back, maybe those lines weren't such a bad idea after all)

sorry for that, but those "Lee lines" comments in the logo thread really had me cracking up :lol:

Yes, I forgot to mention how great Barry is. He's flawless; if I couldn't see the reflection of your flash on one of the decals, I'd think you got him from a factory. I made my Flash Barry Allen too... by giving him a different head. :biggrin:

I have a couple of Marvel customs before I post a big bunch of DC customs.

First off, a custom I'm surprised I haven't seen yet. It's the Destroyer armor, as possessed by Thor from the final story arc of Walt Simonson's run. Take a Destroyer armor, add some parts from a Battle Armor Thor - volia!

dstryr_thr_one.jpg

Sometimes I do customs just because I have the parts. Last year I had an extra Lobo jacket that I was planning to use for a custom Thunderstrike. But when Thunderstrike was announced, I had no idea what to do with it. While talking with Luke about it, he gave me the idea for this next custom, so feel free to blame him for it. I present my original armor Heavy Metal Iron Man.

irnmn_hvymtl_four.jpg

More pictures, recipes and other stuff can be seen at my customs site.

Ha ha - i love heavy metal iron man. very nice idea & he has been realised perfectly.

That Thorstroyer looks great too. That is one Thor variant that i actually wouldn't have minded seeing get a real release.