UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Boyd's Customs

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to start showing off the big bunch of DC customs I promised back in January.

But first, I'd like to announce that I've redesigned my customs site with a whole new look. Same customs, just new paint on the virtual HTML walls. Go check it out sometime.

And while you're there, you can check out the first of my big bunch of Green Lantern customs! I'm starting with the only Earth Green Lantern who never got any love for DC Direct, Kyle Rayner. Check out Kyle in his classic First Appearance costume.

kylrynr_fa_one.jpg

And you can check out Kyle in his more recent costume:

kylrynr_mdrn_one.jpg

Or if you want more color in your life, check out Kyle as a Blue Lantern:

kylrynr_bllntrn_one.jpg

As always, more pictures, recipes and other stuff can be seen at my (freshly redesigned!) customs site.

Edited by boyd

I really like the new design of your website. And I do love the picture titles! Very funny! But one suggestions: would it be hard to use larger pics? You could still shrink them down to the size you like to display on your site but offer a bigger size when clicking on it or viewing the pic via right click. Sometimes it would be cool to have a closer look at some details.

Bigger pictures would be nice, and doing them as pop-ups is easy enough to do. The only problem is that if I start providing bigger pictures for the new Minimates, then I'm going to feel like I have to do it for each custom. And I do not have the time or the will to retake all my customs at this point. Anyone want to make me independently wealthy so I can afford to take a month off and reshoot everything?

Bigger pictures would be nice, and doing them as pop-ups is easy enough to do. The only problem is that if I start providing bigger pictures for the new Minimates, then I'm going to feel like I have to do it for each custom. And I do not have the time or the will to retake all my customs at this point. Anyone want to make me independently wealthy so I can afford to take a month off and reshoot everything?

It's totally up to you - obviously. But maybe you can start providing bigger pics from now on as part of the "relaunched" website? I totally understand the feeling to do the shots for the older customs, too. Juts try to withstand that feeling. :tongue:

No bigger pics this week (sorry), but I do have new Green Lantern customs. First up, the orange-skinned beauty Arisia:

arsa_one.jpg

Next up, Sodam Yat:

sdmyt_one.jpg

And finally, Kreon, the guy with the gold fist:

krn_one.jpg

As always, you can see more small pictures, the recipes and more words that I typed over at my customs site.

very nice i realy like Kreon

Thanks, everyone! I've still got more Lanterns coming this week.

Great work as always! On a GL kick huh?

DC gave us a bunch of Green Lanterns before they gave up on Minimates. But there are sooooo many Lanterns left to do...

Have you been reading Green Lantern Corp in the new 52? The last story was so good.

I have not been keeping up with the GL titles since the new 52. I really need to catch up.

Guess you confused larger pics with close up pics, Boyd. :tongue:

Although its not larger pics, I really like them.

Glad you like them, with the pics being so small :)

Like someone with a habit to make Green Lantern customs, I have more Green Lantern customs.

To begin, I've got First Appearance John Stewart, from that brief time when he wore a mask. Not really essential to anyone's collection, except if you like masks.

jhnstwrt_fa_one.jpg

Next up, the pink-skinned Soranik Natu, adding to my collection of funny-colored female Green Lanterns.

srnkntu_one.jpg

And finally, the plant-based Green Lantern Medphyll. He's got leaves for hair.

mdphll_one.jpg

And remember, more pictures, recipes and any hint that I might stop showing Green Lantern customs someday can be seen on my customs site.

Medphyll is spectacular! Amazing sculpt and paint job on the head, though I expect nothing less from you. You don't take commissions, right? Because I'd totally commission one of those from you. :wub: I always thought ol' Potato Head was one of the cooler alien GLs, and that he got absolutely friggin' hosed by James Robinson in Starman. :angry:

Medphyll is spectacular! Amazing sculpt and paint job on the head, though I expect nothing less from you. You don't take commissions, right? Because I'd totally commission one of those from you. :wub: I always thought ol' Potato Head was one of the cooler alien GLs, and that he got absolutely friggin' hosed by James Robinson in Starman. :angry:

Sorry, no commission work from me at this time. And I agree with you, Medphyll was treated unfairly in Starman. But then again, the whole "Jack in Space" arc was a little weak - it meandered around, telling neat stories that never really connected together. You could accept Jack as a hero in Opal, but he wasn't the swashbuckling space explorer type, and I think the stories suffered for that. [/rant]

my word, how many is that now? Can we get a group shot soon, chief?

I promise, group shot when I'm done. But that won't be for a few weeks.