UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Boyd's Customs

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew you were doing the Sandman, since I saw the sculpted mask in one of your workbench shots, but boy did he turn out well. You should do a whole "superheroes in dress clothes" series-- Sandman, Crimson Avenger, the (comics) Spirit, Midnight, the Phantom Reporter....

Now where's Argh!yle!?

Thanks, everyone.

I knew you were doing the Sandman, since I saw the sculpted mask in one of your workbench shots, but boy did he turn out well. You should do a whole "superheroes in dress clothes" series-- Sandman, Crimson Avenger, the (comics) Spirit, Midnight, the Phantom Reporter....

Now where's Argh!yle!?

Years ago (2008 to be exact), before suit pieces were so abundant, I did a bunch of suit-wearing bad guys, like the Rose and Purple Man and Tombstone. Sometimes I wonder if I should revisit them, but that I just think about how they're Spider-Man villains, and therefore much more likely to get an official release someday, so why bother? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

More new customs! But first, I redesigned my customs web site, so you should check that out if you're interested.

And now, customs! Customs like a new bulky Solomon Grundy!

slmngrndy_three.jpg

Customs like Sleepwalker, inspired by youbastards' great Sleepwalker custom!:

slpwlkr_one.jpg

And customs like my Tiki Ghosts, using the deformed copies of my Charitymates tiki mask!:

tki_ghsts_one.jpg

More pics and the recipes can be seen at my newly-redesigned customs site.

Too cool, Boyd.

Mega Rage Solomon Grundy is great. Your DC customs always make me wistful for what might have been.

Love the site redesign too.:thumbsup: Happy Anniversary! BTW, I'm not sure if I ever mentioned this, but your site was the first place I can remember seeing Minimate customs, way back when I first started getting into the little bastards. I can remember going through the pages and saying "I want that one... and that one... and that one...".:biggrin:

Edited by hellpop

More customs! Obscure Spider-Man villain and his robot (kinda)!

Spencer Smythe, the original creator of the Spider-Slayer robots! Why create robots only designed to slay spiders? Massive phobias about spiders.

smythe_spncr_one.jpg

And a Spider-Slayer robot! This is my own design - never been in the comics - but I'm calling it a Spider-Slayer because I don't know what else to do with it.

spdrslyrrbt_one.jpgspdrslyrrbt_three.jpg

As always, more pics, recipes and other stuff can be seen over at my customs site right here.

Why create robots only designed to slay spiders? Massive phobias about spiders.

Makes total sense to me. If I had genius level intellect to be able to create robots to perform various functions to assist society, I would probably choose something like "kill spiders" as their purpose, as well.

Happy Halloween! In the spirit of the season, I offer the following new customs:

Ardath Bey from The Mummy! Just think - if he'd been part of the Mummy MInimates, we'd have gotten our first Minimate fez!

ardthby_one.jpg

The Remco Mini-Monsters! The 3 3/4" monster figures form my childhood now as Minimates! And they glow-in-the-dark! (find out more about the Remco Mini-Monsters here)

rmco_mnstrs_one.jpg

Check out lots more pics, the recipes and my usual babble over at my customs site.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...