UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Boyd's Customs

And I wish they made more translucent Minimates, too. The recent energized Terror Dog was a big disappointment when I realized that the arm pieces weren't blue all over. Totally put the stop to a custom I was thinking about.

We got free translucent mates with the MAX packs. The MAX packs are like sloppy wet kisses to the customizer community.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which MAX packs are you referring to?

The only recent translucent mates I can recall are the Halo 2 packs.

He might be talking about the pilot that comes with the new TRU-exclusive MAX Jet. He's a smokey translucent grey that I'm rather enamored with...

very nice. SIX ARMS FOR ALL MINIMATES!!!!!!The Hex-Men led by Prof. Hexavier.(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Do not apologize for this, for your comment actually made me consider making the Hex-Men.

• 3 weeks later...

Since the Headpool Corps set has been announced, and I posted a picture of it in another thread already, I should go ahead and add him here.

Here's my version of Headpool, the zombie head of Deadpool from another dimension.

hdpl_one.jpghdpl_two.jpg

hdpl_three.jpg

It's really just a repainted head with a decal, but if you want to see the recipe or check out my other customs, you should visit my custom site.

• 3 weeks later...

Very cool! The colors come out very nice and I like what you did to the bamf effects.

(FYI: the real Brothers Grimm lived and wrote down the folk tales which later became very famous in the very city I'm living in. And - bonus - a lot of those "fairytales" like Sleeping Beauty, Mother Huld or Hans in Luck "took place" in my area. :geek: )

Simple but effective. I hope that you're going to be doing the entire Spider-Woman rogues gallery, such as it is. Needle! Gypsey Moth! Daddy Longlegs! Who's with me? Eh?

BTW, congrats on the anniversary on your customs site. I think yours were the first Minimate customs I ever saw; I remember staring wistfully at your work before I discovered this place. You've only gotten better with time! :highfive2:

Simple but effective. I hope that you're going to be doing the entire Spider-Woman rogues gallery, such as it is. Needle! Gypsey Moth! Daddy Longlegs! Who's with me? Eh?

BTW, congrats on the anniversary on your customs site. I think yours were the first Minimate customs I ever saw; I remember staring wistfully at your work before I discovered this place. You've only gotten better with time! :highfive2:

Aw, thank you.

I'm still not making Daddy Longlegs, though. ;)

Aw, thank you.

I'm still not making Daddy Longlegs, though. ;)

So I can confirm that you're making Needle and Gypsy Moth to round out your "Spider-Woman Friends and Foes" set? Okay, thanks, confirmed. Get to work!

It's a shame we're not getting bunches of Universal Monster Minimates. That means I have to make my own variants, like the Son of Frankenstein version of the monster. Son of Frankenstein was notable because that was the movie where the monster actually wore something different - a big fuzzy vest. And since we got Frankenstein this year, I had to make him.

sn_frnkstn_one.jpg

Just a Frankenstein Minimate with a vest sculpted from Magic Sculpt. More pics and words available at my customs site.

Great SOF Boyd. Here's a challenge for you, if you choose to accept. Try making the burnt / singed version of the monster as he appeared in the Bride Of Frankenstein. I'd love to see you interpretation of it.

Great SOF Boyd. Here's a challenge for you, if you choose to accept. Try making the burnt / singed version of the monster as he appeared in the Bride Of Frankenstein. I'd love to see you interpretation of it.

Hmm, interesting. I have to admit I'm not very familiar with the singed look, but maybe I'll do some research.

In the meantime, how about another custom? And since it's nearly Halloween, how about vampire red Hulk?

hlk_vmpr_rd_one.jpg

He's from a variant cover they made last year. I loved the art and idea so much, I had to make a custom of it.

vmphlk_cvr_lg.jpg

More pics and the recipe can be found over at my customs site.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. I've got one more monster-related custom I want to get posted before Halloween is over. It's the obscure Marvel vampire Vampire by Night.

vmpr_by_nght_one.jpg

She first appeared in the rebooted Amazing Fantasy in the 90's, and had three good stories there. Then she showed up in the horrible Nick Fury's Howling Commandos mini-series, and has not been seen since. And yet, I'm still a fan. You can see more pictures and the recipe over at my customs site.