UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Boyd's Customs

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
His chum bucket accessory is made from a Ma Hunkel helmet, with chum elements made from Sculpey.

Oh, that's just too awesome. I'm going to just pretend he killed Ma Hunkel and kept her helmet.:happy:

Edited by hellpop

What do you have against Ma Hunkel? She's just a simple woman trying to make the world a better place with a pot on her head.

Anyway, after I finished my Shark Battle Beast, I was inspired by battlecat's entry to make a second Battle Beast. May I present - the Bombin' Bulldog!

blldg_bttlbst_one.jpgblldg_bttlbst_two.jpg

blldg_bttlbst_four.jpg

What else am I going to use a space Lockjaw for?

The full recipe and more ramblings from me can be found at my customs site.

Edited by boyd

Nothing against Ma Hunkel... I guess...

Very clever custom (of course). I just hope this guy doesn't open fire on the pretty pirate ship. BTW, I just want you to know, from now until you do it I'll expect every update from you to be Argh!Yle!, and will be monumentally disappointed when it's anything else.

• 2 months later...

Man, it's been a while since I've made an update. That doesn't mean I haven't been busy, though. This week I posted my entry for this year's Charitymates auction, Akua Kepeli, the Tiki god.

akkpli_one.jpgakkpli_four.jpg

And when the recent TRu wave hit, I went ahead and made some customs from them. The first was a white boot and gloved Punisher, like a lot of people. This was a minor repaint, so he doesn't get a page on my customs site. But he can be seen here.

pun_whte.jpg

The other custom I made was a X-Force #1 accurate Boom-Boom Minimate, with Rob Liefeld-style vest and pouches.

bmbm_one.jpgbmbm_two.jpg

You can see more of Akua Kepeli and Boom-Boom on my customs site. But not Punisher. Sorry, Punisher.

The nicest thing I can say about Boom-Boom is that she sucks much less then the official release, but she still sucks by virtue of being a Boom-Boom Minimate. I mean, really Jeff! Are you that low on projects?:tongue:

The Tiki God, though... wow. :jawdrop: That sucker should win you a "best sculpting" award this year. Not to mention the paint job. I will be bidding on him.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words about my Tiki, everyone. I'm going back to super hero customs for a while - here's my golden age Sandman, perfect for display with your Justice Society of America Minimates. If only we had gotten the whole team...

sndmn_dc_ga_one.jpgsndmn_dc_ga_two.jpg

You can see the recipe, more pics and my usual ramblings over at my customs site.

WoW I realy like your Sandman your mask on him is fantastic.

Edited by eclipse

Thanks for the kind words about my Tiki, everyone. I'm going back to super hero customs for a while - here's my golden age Sandman, perfect for display with your Justice Society of America Minimates. If only we had gotten the whole team...

sndmn_dc_ga_one.jpgsndmn_dc_ga_two.jpg

You can see the recipe, more pics and my usual ramblings over at my customs site.

Damn. Beautiful.