UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 37 Spidey/lizard, profx/warpath, thing/doombot

Anyone pick up Spidey? The extra arms look removable. Are they?

They are...actually pretty neat how they did it. Don't know anything about the story line, but I think I prefer the way he looks if you put all costumed arms on him instead of the 4 bare arms he comes with, but matching the blues is a little tricky.

Yeah the reason his arms are not costumed is because he screwed up a "No-Powers" serum and four extra arms ripped out of the side of his costume. He kinda just left them there until he could figure out how to reverse this bullcrap.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are...actually pretty neat how they did it. Don't know anything about the story line, but I think I prefer the way he looks if you put all costumed arms on him instead of the 4 bare arms he comes with, but matching the blues is a little tricky.

Yeah the reason his arms are not costumed is because he screwed up a "No-Powers" serum and four extra arms ripped out of the side of his costume. He kinda just left them there until he could figure out how to reverse this bullcrap.

although there was this "what if.."

32535-4249-36288-1-what-if-_super.jpg

unfortunetly i was only able to get a prof xx pack and 2 regular thing packs <_< ill still try and post some pics :D also can someone tell me if the lizard and spidey are better quality than the TRU versions? i know the lizard is darker and spideys eyes are differant

I got some of this series today.

I love the Xavier. The opening compartments in the arms of his chair are an awesome nod to the 90's toy. I also love that under the suit is an X jumpsuit. Very kewl.

The new Warpath looks awesome. Thank goodness for the sheath.

The Thing looks OK but the color of the face doesn't blend too well with all the extra rocky pieces. And those pieces kill the ability to pose the figure (which was always one of the main draws for me). I guess we can look forward to that with Juggy too!

Anybody else think the Doombots should have come with a ray gun of some kind? He looks great and I'll get a few but, still, no ray-gun.

On to the Lizard. After Scorpion, I can't be the only one a little put off by his tail being a part of his coat. Beyond that he looks good though.

Six-Armed Spidey looks pretty good but the costume arms fall off easily because of the extra arm set-up. All in all I like the set, but it isn't my favorite.

Also I'm looking for a Thing Variant (with the coat) 2-pack. I have a Namor/Atlantean Soldier for trade.

Edited by BudPalmer

although there was this "what if.."

32535-4249-36288-1-what-if-_super.jpg

I love that issue of What If!

I was a bit 'meh' when this wave was announced, but i'm really excited to get them after seeing all the pics!

I'm actually going to stop commenting on Minimates that appear as promo or proto or photo(shop) because when I see great pictures of the actual Minimates I'm always far more impressed ......& when I get them in my mitts I always love them despite my regular grumbling .

Thanks for the pictures. ;)

Hey, Luke, think we could get stickers for Xavier? A circle to cover the hole in his head, and some forearm pieces to make it look like his sleeves are rolled up (which can be used in conjunction with some sculpted rolled sleeve pieces)?

Yes, I think it is time to resurrect my minimate head stickers project. :)

Quick pic request: has anyone tried to put WWII Wolverines arms on Xavier for the rolled-up sleeve safari suit look? Do they match?

Literally a perfect (if not, 98%) match. HOWEVER, Logan has a red insignia on his left arm...not sure if it will bother you or you wanna put X-logos over the the shoulders, Nessie. Personally, i don't find it too annoying, but i plan on just using the full-sleeved arms since i only have one Xavier and one Logan anyway.

BTW, bought and LOVE the Wave. More like this, DST; it's fantastic. No Ben Grimm was a little disappointing, but, as i knew ahead of time, Xavier would be my favorite and is where the money for tooling went. Warpath is actually very fun, as well; never liked the character, Angel 2-pack version was okay, but i can't put this one down.

Great wave, just great.

Hey, Luke, think we could get stickers for Xavier? A circle to cover the hole in his head, and some forearm pieces to make it look like his sleeves are rolled up (which can be used in conjunction with some sculpted rolled sleeve pieces)?

Yes, I think it is time to resurrect my minimate head stickers project. :)

I'd just popped in to ask about this... I'd love to get a few flesh coloured stickers

Quick pic request: has anyone tried to put WWII Wolverines arms on Xavier for the rolled-up sleeve safari suit look? Do they match?

All right, I took the intiative today and swaped arms from WWII Wolverine with Prof X. The colors do not match up. The Wolverine paint is more tan and Prof X is more greenish in hue. I tried saturating the colors in the photo to really show the difference, but it looks more obvious in person. Also, I slapped on Warpath's black hands and some custom painted glove extensions. Looks pretty good. I suggest if you want this look for safari Prof X, you should buy a second set and add flesh colored paint to the green arms. Better solution than tracking down a variant WWII Wolverine that is close, but not a perfect match.

th_prof1.jpgth_prof2.jpg

insignia?

I don't think mine has that . . .

mine is like this:

fig0810l2lg.jpg

(image courtesy of Ivan over at minimatedatabase.com)

Can't upload pictures at the moment, and for some reason i can't link to a specific page, but check Rad's review on Minimates Central of the variant.

It looks like there's a QC here...SOME Wolverines have an Insignia... :blink:

http://minimatescentral.com/

insignia?

I don't think mine has that . . .

Can't upload pictures at the moment, and for some reason i can't link to a specific page, but check Rad's review on Minimates Central of the variant.

It looks like there's a QC here...SOME Wolverines have an Insignia... :blink:

Found it. many thanks TTF