UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 37 Spidey/lizard, profx/warpath, thing/doombot

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some picks. The glasses for Thing will have to be glued on to make them stay. I might have preferred they just be sculpted on. The hover chair is awesome. I hadn't noticed the way the armrests opened until I was positioning for the pictures.

post-2836-1293656153_thumb.jpg

post-2836-1293656163_thumb.jpg

post-2836-1293656172_thumb.jpg

post-2836-1293656183_thumb.jpg

post-2836-1293656193_thumb.jpg

post-2836-1293656201_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pics! Are there tampos on the Doombot or Professor X chest blocks?

Nothing on Doombot, but you can see Prox X's in one of the pictures. They really went all out on him. Also nothing under the variant Trenchcoat Thing...just plain orange fig with blue shorts. No extra pieces other than the sunglasses. I really like how they did the sleaves on Thing's trenchcoat.

Is that little stand part of the hoverchair, or is it removable?

It is removable, and it actually balances fine without it. It only slightly raises the chair. Unfortunately the peg/hole is a larger size than the flight stands, so making him hover 3" off the ground is not as easy it chould have been.

Prof X does have a hole in his head...which is totally unnecessary for wearing his cerebro helmet.

has Prof got a hole in his head?

why has Prof got a hole in his head?!

Crap, you're right. He does! WTH!? The cerebro helmet couldn't fit correctly or what? Seriously, that is a dumb move on DST's right there.

I got these earlier from a local LCS and I have to say I was disappointed that Ben Grimm was not under the Thing's clothes, but after opening all of the packs, I can now see where all the money of this series went. Prof. X's hoverchair is fantastic and when I saw that Warpath still came with his knives, this went from a great pack to a stellar one. Question: Has anyone figured out how to get Prof. X's blanket to sit on his lap in a convincing way? I can get on there (with the suit off), but it just slides off if you look at it wrong.

no Ben Grimm bummer-man that hover chair and the Pof-X is wicked

Anyone pick up Spidey? The extra arms look removable. Are they?

They are...actually pretty neat how they did it. Don't know anything about the story line, but I think I prefer the way he looks if you put all costumed arms on him instead of the 4 bare arms he comes with, but matching the blues is a little tricky.

post-2836-1293665415_thumb.jpg

post-2836-1293665432_thumb.jpg

Edited by thelink

Wow - thatnks for the pics thelink!

And thanks for the Professor sans jacket jboogie.

I'm really excited about this wave after seeing the pics. They've turned out so well. It's just a shame we didn't get the Ben Grim figure underneath Thing . . . i don't really need another Thing figure.

Still - i'm stoked about Prof, Warpath, the Doombots & Lizard. This wave is mostly Win :)