UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel wave 33 & 34 now shipping from BBTS

groundhog7s

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree that BBTS get's stuff earlier than AFX . I would also add that a pre-order from BBTS can often take months to arrive in stock ...if at all. I have one item ,that I refuse to cancel( just in case) that has been on order since July 2009.

If that item were to actually ship then a certain member's wife may cause me harm :D

will series 34 be shipping to comic shops next wednesday (the 31st), gang????

My LCS have them on their ship list.

thanks for the info, battlecat and mtd20.

oh, my achin' wallet! :blink::P

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, poor Groundhog.

I'm not sure why my finances are brought into question. I mean, yeah, I started a sale thread, but that's nobody's business why.

And Luke, what color yellow did you use or did you mix your own? That's much better on the eyes than the gold.

Edited by groundhog7s

And Luke, what color yellow did you use or did you mix your own? That's much better on the eyes than the gold.

Its a mix of about 80% Citadel Sunburst Yellow and 20% Citadel Skull White.

If I had any painting skills I would so do that as it looks much more accurate color wise then the gold.

Oddly though, I have no problem with the gold on the X-Factor Cyclops.

Are you gonna maybe paint Jean's lower torso the way it should have been as well?

Would be nice if there was a way to add the tampos they didn't add to the sides of her legs shown on the prototype as well.

Something about my Jean kept bugging me and I finally realized what it was. The face is painted with a very matte finish. The majority of minimates have very glossy faces. I can't believe that I have gotten that anal-retentive about these toys. That said, Luke's Cyke looks ten times better without the gold visor... I was wondering if he would have looked ok if the entire costume had been gold and blue as well. I think it's definitely the mix of gold and yellow that messes up the aesthetic.

Nice work Lobsterman! I want one.

Funny that you say 'flame' about his wrist attachments. . . i suspect it might be the same piece as the jet-propelled fist on the Sentinel?

Finally back from a week and a half vacation. My Pile O' Loot box was waiting for me. Very happy with these two waves overall. Seeing Luke's repainted visor, gotta say I like it better than the gold, but not so much I'm gonna run out and buy some paint. Now that Beast arm shortening trick I saw elsewhere...