UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel wave 33 & 34 now shipping from BBTS

groundhog7s

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would someone please explain to me how every fucking time someone gets a set way before anyone else, they just dont happen to have access to a camera?

Pretty sure God just hates you, man, and enjoys the pain that he inflicts by torturing you. Sorry.

Well, maybe not hates you. But when that vein in your forehead starts bulging out, it cracks him up every time.

And montrossx, thanks for the pictures. Does Menace come with the flight stand for her glider?

Edited by Mirymate

And montrossx, thanks for the pictures. Does Menace come with the flight stand for her glider?

Yes she does.

I'm only halfway through opening my sets, but just want to add that MST3KFan's review is spot-on. The Sentinels are great - the classic-looking Sentinel is near-perfect (he just should be taller, y'know). It's possibly my favorite army-builder yet.

First impressions:

Menace/Anti-Venom: WHO? Pretty nice looking and 'bout damn time we got a glider!

Selene/Black Queen/Hellfire: Meh. I don't care for the characters much, but the boobies look nice! :lol:

Rachel/Sentinel: cool base, but I'd use it for the real Phoenix 'Mate/Sentinels look AWESOME!

...and as much as I love the Jim Lee/90's X-Men...

Cyclops/Jean: that visor should be yellow, period/wasn't Jean's costume skin-colored in every place it's yellow on the figure? That coupled with the missing "pouches" is a big missed opportunity

Rogue/Beast: nice update on Rogue/Beast looks fantastic, but I'm against all of these new sculpted pieces, hands, etc. They are getting too far away from the simplicity of the original waves...

I love the Sentinels, especially that there's two different looks, but my biggest complaint is that THEY'RE ONLY 2 INCHES TALL! Putting them next to the Maximate is just torture. I still can't see myself troop building these at such a small size.

Maybe the Sentinels will look scarier next to the 1.25 inch Father's Day kid-mates...

My God they're beautiful...

@Menace & Anti-Venom: Not terribly exciting, but I'm always down with adding more to my Spider-Man collection.

@Rachel: Again, not terribly excited for the character. But the stands are awesome and new characters are welcome.

@90's X-Men: MY GOD!! This is the X-Men team I grew up with (I'm a 90's child), and having them in Minimate form makes so incredibly happy it's not even funny. I haven't received them yet, but when I finally get my Storm, Jean Grey, Beast, Cyclops and Rogue and add them to my Wolverine, Gambit, Psylocke, Bishop, Colossus and Nightcrawler I'm going to be the happiest man alive. I really need to get on building an X-Mansion...

I dk what to do about these. I will get wave 34, but with wave 33, I'm unsure of which packs to get. I'll def. get both packs that comes with the Sentinels because I want at least 5-7 of these guys. I don't really want the Thor pack, and I'm unsure about the Menace pack (Only reason I'd get it is for the glider).

Glad one of us could show pics of these and also confirm that they did indeed get lazy with Jean Grey on her costume. Oy. Why AA/DST!? You did great on the others for the most part.

Now if they'd just give us a new Nightcrawler and Meggan for Excalibur, and Bishop with mullet, a 90s style Colossus, a Jubilee, and Professor X in hoverchair to complete the 90s X-Men...though Forge and Banshee (with a classic Banshee variant) from the 90s would be cool too.

Okay... revesable hound face, and a glider w/ stand? Dear Lord, be still my heart!!

Cyclops' visor being gold really does throw of his color scheme with every thing else being yellow. While I'm all for gold instead of yellow (classic Iron man), they should have left Cyclops' visor color alone. Just my opinion.

Similarly, I considered switching out my Byrne Cyclops mask with the X-Factor version, and the gold was really distracting because of the yellow on the rest of his body. However, his colors on his costume aren't supposed to be gold whereas his visor presumably is. I think I'm just used to seeing those old 80s comics where it had to be colored yellow due to the available color printing capabilities.

http://www.gottsu-iiyan.ca/gib/media/Uncan...Men137cover.jpg

Here's a few more pics...

goblins.jpg

hobby1.jpg

strapless.jpg

I think I'll pick up another Menace at some point for the glider. I thought I could make a updated skull-cap Cyclops using an old mask, but none of them really match.

menace looks amazing and that torso shee has can be used for a norman bates as mother custom!

wow, thanks for the pictures, I may end up getting more than I planned on. I am soooo happy beast can be downsized, I absolutely hate the big bulky chest on him. The glider looks so much nicer than I expected too. I don't mind the gold visor for cyclops at all. I also like the downsized sentinel look too, I may get a pack now.

think i'll have to get another Menace set now, coming with a stand n' all.

btw, i'm certainly army building these sentinels, they're fantastic. I know people will be after the pheonix stands from rachel, but i've little interest in them. To save people from spending cash on the 2-pack, i'm happy to send out my spares, without charge.

i've got a minimum of 2 spares on order from Luke, none in hand just yet, let me know.