UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel wave 33 & 34 now shipping from BBTS

groundhog7s

Hmmm. Personal favorite team is just after the Byrne era, but before the Mutant Massacre. Right around the Secret Wars, when Rogue first joined.

That's my 2nd favorite era ;)

Not familiar with these Maggot and Stacy X groups you refer to (both sound like Nu Metal bands). Not sure that I want to, either :lol:

The less you know, the happier you'll be.

Rachel's little rat tail was nice surprise. Really that whole figure was a nice surprise. DST could have reused some other hair, the basic collar, and not given her a reversible head, but they really went the distance in getting all of the details. Very nice.

One parts reuse that kind of bugs me is Cyclops' extra hair piece. With the mask, his hair is parted to one side. Without the mask, his hair is parted to the other. I know that styles change, that people change, but I just don't think something so drastic should be going on without a comb accessory.

The Beast chest block is unfortunately darker than the other parts. Even if it weren't, I think he would still look better without the bulk.

The Sentinel is waaaay cool. I don't care that it is standard size. It's still awesome.

The Black Queen capes work better here than they did on Moon Knight.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sentinel is waaaay cool. I don't care that it is standard size. It's still awesome.

Yeah, there seemed to be lots of complaints about the itty bitty Sentinels, but they seem to be extremely popular. I wanted to buy some more after getting these yesterday, and they seem to be sold out everywhere I usually look. . .

I know that styles change, that people change,

interest rates fluctuate...

;)

;)

When it comes to X-Men, most people hold the team they were introduced to first pretty dearly. For me its the first issue of uncanny i read 194 to the end of Claremont's run in the early 90s when the comics bubble burst. Love all the teams during those years!

edit-I have to give props to the era with Maggot and Marrow and Dr Reyes, Maggot wasn't the highlight of the group but one of the best issues I've ever read occurred during that time. X-Men 70 - great story and issue, i defy you to read it and not be involved, entertained, and interested. Unfortunately it was one of the only readable issues from that time but whatever. lol

http://www.comicvine.com/x-men-homecoming/37-65770/

Edited by Tilt

anyone get me a shot of Dark avengers Hawkeye on a glider without the goblin/bat head on it please?

Jeff of the Miniacs

Please excuse the crap quality iPhone picture. I really do wish they upgrade the camera on the next one to include flash.

2cc6eec7.jpg

42ae30eb.jpg

Edited by mrjasontodd

Ya know, slightly off topic, but how dumb are civilains in the 616? The guy regularly accused of being the Green Goblin, even jailed for such, is outfitting his personally lead team of Avengers with goblin gliders. And no one seems to notice?!?

In fairness, didn't the bright folks over in DC-world elect Lex Luthor president of the U.S.? :lol:

I think that I always had an implicit understanding of the ignorance of the general populace in the Marvel U based on their age-old negative treatment of the X-Men, despite the wealth of the evidence suggesting that the X-Men were almost always working toward the greater good. To seem even more ignorant than the real world population suggests a lot.

Luthor, in his ultimate shadiness, hadn't ever actually had anything pinned on him, though, had he? He always manages to weasel his way out, usually by blaming a clone or an alternate reality version of himself or something. But giventhe fact that Lois Lane took so long discovering Clark's secret, I'd say the Marvel U population isn't looking so bad.

;)

And my day has been made.

Luthor, in his ultimate shadiness, hadn't ever actually had anything pinned on him, though, had he? He always manages to weasel his way out, usually by blaming a clone or an alternate reality version of himself or something.

If Superman says he's a villain, then that's enough for me. And though I'm not up to date on these things, I thought that the public understood that post-Crisis Luthor had done at least some of which he was accused as of the early 1990s. Of course, since then he was dying of cancer because of his Kryptonite ring, was somehow reincarnated as some fella with a red beard, became bald again, and who knows what else.

If Superman says he's a villain, then that's enough for me.

I can't totally recall, and this being DC what I do recall has probably been retconned, but I think good ole Supes didn't say he was a villain. I think he made a big point about not getting involved in the political process and wanting the American people to make an informed decision without his input or something like that. Pfft.

Attempting to stay partially on topic, I like this new Thor, and I think the height extender actually works pretty well, but something feels kind of off about his face. I think maybe his helmet should sit a little lower. Maybe.

So I get to the comic shop today and they're like, "Hey, got a box of Minimates for ya!" And I'm all like, "Really? That's unexpected." They hand it to me, I look in, and it's Series 31 & 32. So I say, "Um, I have these," and they're like, "Are you sure?" And I say, "Yeah, pretty sure because I was jazzed to get these Angel Minimates." Then they said someone else came in earlier and also told them they'd already gotten them in a month or so ago.

Needless to say I'm a tad envious looking at these wicked pics but now I'm concerned that the shop ordered 31 & 32 instead of 33 & 34 and I may be shit out of luck.

So I get to the comic shop today and they're like, "Hey, got a box of Minimates for ya!" And I'm all like, "Really? That's unexpected." They hand it to me, I look in, and it's Series 31 & 32. So I say, "Um, I have these," and they're like, "Are you sure?" And I say, "Yeah, pretty sure because I was jazzed to get these Angel Minimates." Then they said someone else came in earlier and also told them they'd already gotten them in a month or so ago.

Needless to say I'm a tad envious looking at these wicked pics but now I'm concerned that the shop ordered 31 & 32 instead of 33 & 34 and I may be shit out of luck.

That is so wierd. I called my comic shop and they too told me that they get series 31 & 32 today and they were not too sure on why. I told them to put all of the army builders aside for me regardless.

You dont happen to be in south east PA, right?

Hey MrPL,

Good to see you still around and collecting... You've been quite the stranger lately!

T.

If Superman says he's a villain, then that's enough for me.

I can't totally recall, and this being DC what I do recall has probably been retconned, but I think good ole Supes didn't say he was a villain. I think he made a big point about not getting involved in the political process and wanting the American people to make an informed decision without his input or something like that. Pfft.

Lex has managed to get the DCU public to believe that his evil actions, at least the ones so public that they couldn't help but be discovered, were done by clones or impersonators. This is helped by the fact he has indeed cloned himself to avoid the long slow cancerous death, and that recently the Pre-Crisis Earth 3 Alexander Luthor jr was caught impersonating him. So since it's impossible to prove ever evil thing Lex is accused of wasn't done by someone pretending to be him... You get the idea.

I'm still trying to figure out Marvel's whole Norman and Harry were alive the whole time conducting business in Europe, which has somehow become a magical land that no one can be found in if they're suppossed dead in the US. I read it, still somehow don't understand how that works.

Rachel's little rat tail was nice surprise. Really that whole figure was a nice surprise. DST could have reused some other hair, the basic collar, and not given her a reversible head, but they really went the distance in getting all of the details. Very nice.

A lot of effort gone into this variant. I'm impressed with her from the pics i've seen. In fact - she's looking like she'll be my favourite of the wave. Can't wait to get her.

That is so wierd. I called my comic shop and they too told me that they get series 31 & 32 today and they were not too sure on why. I told them to put all of the army builders aside for me regardless.

You dont happen to be in south east PA, right?

Well I'm in Jersey and the same thing happened to me at my LCS. No new Waves,just 31 and 32 re-orders. My cousin is starting to like my Minimate and i needed more Kree Soldiers, so it' a win-win, but it sure is odd. :blink:

Bright side, he also got in the Ghostbuster's Video Game Set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: I love all 4 of them a lot more than i thought i would. This was such a neat little suprise.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I have totally changed my mind onthe Sentinels. I had originally planned on getting 2 only, one for each look, but got four instead and have ordered 2 more to for later. They really grew on me once I had them.

The only down-side to having them is the want to take use the heads for either a Machine Man custom or for a Doombot army.

I have totally changed my mind onthe Sentinels. I had originally planned on getting 2 only, one for each look, but got four instead and have ordered 2 more to for later. They really grew on me once I had them.

The only down-side to having them is the want to take use the heads for either a Machine Man custom or for a Doombot army.

I'm hoping that the Doombots will be done sometime before wave 40. I don't have ready access to extra sentinel packs sans ordering another set, so I'm not in a rush to start using them for customs.

Same hope for Machine Man, though that's a lot less likely. Of course, if they did Machine Man, they could use Stilt Man legs...