Marvel wave 33 & 34 now shipping from BBTS

groundhog7s

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey...

Here's a repaint of 90's Jean to look more like the promo picture. Made a decal for the pocket details. Luke, your site has been a great resource for someone like me who is just starting out on customs. Thanks!

post-1790-1272218598_thumb.jpg

post-1790-1272218626_thumb.jpg

Hey...

Here's a repaint of 90's Jean to look more like the promo picture. Made a decal for the pocket details. Luke, your site has been a great resource for someone like me who is just starting out on customs. Thanks!

post-1790-1272218598_thumb.jpg

post-1790-1272218626_thumb.jpg

Now this is exactly what I wanted to see on Jean! If I had any skills, I would do it myself, but sadly I do not.

....Wanna do a commission? XD

Here's a wave 33/Dark Avengers question for anyone (specifically the resident Marvel expert).

There's been talk of Norman's Dark Avengers riding glider's like Menace's-who all rides on one in the comics?

Daken Wolverine and Bulls/Hawkeye for sure, not sure about the others...

In Siege, Daken, Bullseye, and Venom all ride into the attack on Asgard on some sort of glider, though I wouldn't say it was a copy of Menace's glider (lose the bat head and make it a bit more round and you've got it). Ares rode in on the nose of a jet, and Osborn, Moonstone, and Sentry can fly, so they didn't need help.

There's also a crap load of HAMMER agents, villains playing at being heroes, and others riding the gliders as well, so I hope you aren't planning on acting the scene out with a full cast, else you'd have to buy every copy of that glider in existence and I'm hanging on to mine.

• 2 weeks later...

I went ahead and ordered myself another sentinel/rachel pack, so now i'll have...TWO sentinels! Found him for 10 bucks on ebay, which makes him a bit of an expensive character because I'm really only paying for him (how the hell do you guys afford a whole army?!). Why do they not just make a pack that has 2 sentinels in it? they know everyone wants a million of these guys! I can never understand why they don't do that with army builders.

So goofy question for you all--what is your fav sentinel config, old school style with the bare mate purple coloring, or the newer bulked up version with the blue gloves and boots, chest piece? I can;t make up my mind, but I do feel that a shooting fist is a must!

I think my favorite is an army of both styles since I'm compulsive and indecisive.

(how the hell do you guys afford a whole army?!)

It's easy, just sell Minimates to nice people here in the BST forum. I think you personally funded at least 1/6th of my Sentinel army.

(how the hell do you guys afford a whole army?!)

Well, you have to tax the populace for that. And/or borrow heavily from foreign countries who have little reason to fear your potential army. It is possible to force folks into unpaid conscription, but I would not recommend it.

It's easy, just sell Minimates to nice people here in the BST forum. I think you personally funded at least 1/6th of my Sentinel army.

Haha I bet I did, you made some good money back on em. I don't have any I'm willing to sell off, at least right now, I don't have multiples of the same exact minimate--maybe the same character...wolvie...maybe it is a question of "do i want to sell this guy to get a different guy" too hard to part with them, not that I'm a completist really, but its hard to get rid of someone if they belong to a full wave and you have the rest.

Getting further off topic...I would like to see some pics of these armies--but in battle posses! the norm of minimate displays seem to be standing at attention like robots--I like having mine in action!