UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

They certainly do seem to be really putting a lot of weight (and figures!) behind the IM2 line. I think getting a new retailer on board off the back of such hype is a really positive step.

It can only be a positive step, I think though we are going to see more of this following all the major marvel movie releases.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my math is right, just look at how the Marvel movie-mates have 'evolved':

Ghost Rider-Cancelled

X-Men 3-7 Minimates

Hulk-7 Minimates (plus a TRU re-pack)

Iron Man-13 Minimates

Wolverine-15 Minimates (plus 3 TRU re-packs)

Iron Man 2-25 Minimates so far (plus 2 TRU re-packs)

At this rate, Thor and Captain America Movie-mates will be the only Minimate we see all year.

Stopped by my local Borders at lunch today to see if they carry toys & other collectibles. Actually had a wide variety of things, including Legos, Playmobil and bunches and bunches of Twilight figures. Oddest thing I found - the first wave of the DC Direct Blammoids. It is the only time I have ever seen these in any store around here. If Borders will carry these, then I'm optimistic they'll get the Iron Man exclusive.

Another thought - so you think Borders will get the regular wave of IM2 Minimates with the exclusive mized in, or will they get solid cases of the exclusive?

Great pictures but I can't make my mind up about the 'heads' ,they're obviously just one piece & .....weird.

Yeah, I'm really not feeling these, and I think the weird heads are a big part of why. I am tempted to get the Sam Rockwell guy, but the likeness doesn't seem to be very good, so he just looks like really generic office worker to me (plus, you either have to pay the full $50 for a case to get him, or shell out at least $10 for him alone). I'll probably just pass on the whole lot.

Edited by karamazov80

Those... look somehow not as cool as they did in prototype. It's definitly the heads. I'm looking at the pictures thinking 'are those on backwards or something?' Odd. 'Neck' down they look really cool. And they may be dead on model for the head design. Still looks weird. (says the guy diggin' the Dreadnought's headgear <_< )

I just picked up one of each (passed on the battle damaged manbot type one). $5 each was a little ruff.. I did get 10% off but I would have bought more if they were $3.99. They are a little funky looking but I think they look pretty close to the action figures based on the drones and for the couple seconds I saw them on the trailer... I think I will like these better when the flick comes out!

:)

I get the feeling this is another 'lean' towards Battle Beast design although they may very well be movie accurate. Beta -Ray Bill also comes to mind as does Star Wars Droid .

We've been on that slippery slope for a while: DC's Kilowog and Saalak, not to mention Doc Brown's sculpted-on hair from BTTF 1 and 2...

I get the feeling this is another 'lean' towards Battle Beast design although they may very well be movie accurate. Beta -Ray Bill also comes to mind as does Star Wars Droid .

We've been on that slippery slope for a while: DC's Kilowog and Saalak, not to mention Doc Brown's sculpted-on hair from BTTF 1 and 2...

Silence of the Lambs was 3/4 sculpted heads.

:down: The colors shown in the prototype pictures are a lot better than the final products.

I just canceled my order for a full case. Maybe I'll pick a couple of them from my LCS.

I'm not really aiming this at you fwoosheyman but it needs to be said ..........

I don't know for sure how many of these are being produced but I can hazard an informed guess that the 2(?) chase figures,1 of each per case, will be produced in numbers far less than most other Minimates. You may not love them ...you may perhaps not even like them.... but in a world where a Battle Beast promos currently commands $50 it makes sense to invest in a case of 12 ....for a dollar less. I realise that collecting isn't about investing but .....it helps. ;)

how many are in a full box again?

All of them! :ermm:

12 to a case, not sure on the case breakdown, perhaps others can elaborate.

Thanks for the pics max, you seem to be "Johnny-on-the-spot" for new product a lot of the time and you always get good pics up which I am sure is appreciated by all of us.

I think these do look considerably worse than the prototypes, because they look very soft in sculpting, ill defined. The colours they used are very "toy-ish" and the lack of any other colours for highlight make them look a bit drab :(

12 to a case, not sure on the case breakdown, perhaps others can elaborate.

The case I bought had the following breakdown:

• Tactical Assault Drone x 3
  • Air Assault Drone x 3
  • Ground Assault Drone x 2
  • Sea Assault Drone x 2
  • Hammer Drone (battle damaged) x 1
  • Justin Hammer x 1
FYI: Justin hammer comes equiped with a briefcase, hand gun, assault rifle and what looks like one of War Machine's gattling guns. Edited by MINI_MYTE