UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

I would think it would be a good idea to get this wave out sooner as opposed to later.. even though the movie is in May, the Iron Man 2 action figure and other toy lines are going full force. I know for collectors it is best for no one to know about these lines.. but for the future of the line I would be happy to see it catch some of the movie hype and pull the line a bit more towards mainstream.

Either way, I am fine waiting a bit longer.. I do hope they hit shelves before the movie is out just so it does as well as possible.

Gotta get me some IM2 movie mates!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMFG!!!!!!!!

I think i just had a nerd-gasm

i am so happy with the way this movie is shaping up, and the suitcase Armour is better than i could have thought

cannot wait as i have the 3.75" full Iron man wave on its way to me via the 'bay

The breakdown of IM2 mates as we know it looks to be:

Wave 35:

Mark IV Iron Man / Whiplash

Mark VI Iron Man / War Machine

Pepper Potts / Hammer Drone

Happy Hogan / Hammer Drone

TRU Wave:

James Rhodes in Mark II Armor / Black Widow

Mark I Iron Man / Senate Hearing Tony Stark

Army Builder Dump:

Justin Hammer

Air Assault Drone

Land Assault Drone

Sea Assault Drone

Tactical Assault Drone

Battle Damaged Hammer Drone

AFX Battle Tactics Exclusive:

Battle Damaged Mark VI Iron Man / Battle Damaged War Machine / Nick Fury / Racecar Tony Stark

C2E2 Stark Expo Exclusive:

Stark Expo Tony Stark / Stark Expo Black Widow

So now the question becomes... where/when/how are we getting a Mark V mate? No way are we simply not getting one of the three new featured armors Tony wears in the movie.

Edited by blizzerd

At the risk of sounding a bit "Captain Obvious", I think they really need to focus on getting the IM2-related stuff out. Toy aisles are full of gold and red already, we need our IM2 Minimates on shelves now!

Who's betting that the TRU wave comes out first out of all of the items?

i think that we will be seeing the mrk v armor instead of the mrk vi. my reasoning: look at this first picture, specifically the shoulder. now, it may be a stretch, but look at the shoulder of our blackedout minimate in the second pic. same design. and both are different than the design of the mrk vi shoulder in pic 3. eh? am i on to something?

post-2662-1268144039_thumb.jpg

post-2662-1268144119_thumb.jpg

post-2662-1268144220_thumb.jpg

TRU Wave:

James Rhodes in Mark II Armor / Black Widow

Mark I Iron Man / Senate Hearing Tony Stark

So now the question becomes... where/when/how are we getting a Mark V mate?

The AA blog says that Mark V comes with War Machine, not Mark VI.

Is anyone else confused as to what all the armors are and what they look like? I was looking at the Hasbro toys and I can't see any difference between IV & VI-is it just me?

I think we will get the suitcase armor in the regular wave, and the mark VI will be a, excuse my french, TRU exclusive.

BS

wait... never mind what it says up there, I guess I'm confused about what armor is what now too :wacko:

Edited by blacksun1520

Is anyone else confused as to what all the armors are and what they look like? I was looking at the Hasbro toys and I can't see any difference between IV & VI-is it just me?

MkIV has a round unibeam, MkVI has a triangular one. That's about it.

So following that... the suitcase armor must be Mark V, right?

Cool trailer. The suit isn't really doing it for me. From what it looks like, it might be a "just in case" (no pun intended) emergency suit. I also think that this new suit is the Mk V. Unless that whole fight scene with Warmachine and Iron Man teaming up happens in the middle. But then again Tony might have already had that armor and the suit case suit is the newest iteration.

Edited by rx78jj

Cool trailer. The suit isn't really doing it for me. From what it looks like, it might be a "just in case" (no pun intended) emergency suit. I also think that this new suit is the Mk V. Unless that whole fight scene with Warmachine and Iron Man teaming up happens in the middle. But then again Tony might have already had that armor and the suit case suit is the newest iteration.

i think its a emergency suit as whiplash attacks, then he makes the drones with hammer, then him and rhodesy KICK ASS!!!!!

(WHOOPS, might have just spoiled the entire movie)

i have just discovered something so amazing and so shocking idk if i can tell ahh whatever ill spill well the mark v the suitcase armor is going to be with war machine in the TRU exclusive if u dont belive me then go to minimateheadquaters and look for the TRU packaging of the ironman 2 series then click on the art asylum link in green letters and taadaa u will see the mark V suitcase armor STAIRING YOU IN THE FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!! it so cool its red and sliver with a blue unibeam and it has different shoulders and its got silver on the chest and arms ITS SO COOL!!!!!! ;)

but its weird that i looked on the actual art asylum web site and it didnt show it only on the link in the minimate headquaters works idk but still WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Edited by ironfist1234

MkIV has a round unibeam, MkVI has a triangular one. That's about it.

Exactly. Plus, they both look like the Mk III. A LOT. I don't think they'll waste a slot on it when there's a slightly-BD version in the Box Set. Unless we see another box set (we will. We just will.), I'm saying it's the Mk V.

Saw the trailer last night. Like 3 times. :lol: Fantastic, and seeing ALL the Drones was great!! Both "Prototypes" and "military" looked amazing. Briefcase armor was neat, but i still hate the design. Maybe it's because i love Silver Centurion armor and feel like this kills the Red-and-Silver, but i just can't get into it. :confused:

i have just discovered something so amazing and so shocking idk if i can tell ahh whatever ill spill well the mark v the suitcase armor is going to be with war machine in the TRU exclusive if u dont belive me then go to minimateheadquaters and look for the TRU packaging of the ironman 2 series then click on the art asylum link in green letters and taadaa u will see the mark V suitcase armor STAIRING YOU IN THE FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!! it so cool its red and sliver with a blue unibeam and it has different shoulders and its got silver on the chest and arms ITS SO COOL!!!!!! ;)

but its weird that i looked on the actual art asylum web site and it didnt show it only on the link in the minimate headquaters works idk but still WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Longest run on sentence on the board ever?

It also seems you traded all your punctuation in for exclamation points.

T.

Except for the fact that with the reuse of the IM2 "go-to" helmet and only shoulderpadding everything will look horridly out of scale?? :rolleyes: Gloves and boots aren't gonna be enough to help out the Mk V.

Good to know most of us were right though. And to all of you who asked "why black out the picture if the real thing is on the package?"?? Ha, i say, HA!! :P

Still hate the Mk V, either way. Personally, i'd have reversed the Red and Silver. Looks more natural. Probably makes the odd metallic red totally-not-out-of-place-or-anything suitcase look more natural too. :rolleyes:

There is only ONE thing that will save this armor for me: If Fav's suitcase opens.

Thanks for the heads-up, ironfist1234 :thumbsup: Now go outside and have a nice, long breath of fresh air, will ya? :lol:

So now it's confirmed: MARK V IS IN THE TOYS R US WAVE FOR SURE. (Don't mind the all-caps; just wanted to establish this as a fact :P)

But now the question is: Will the Mark V be in Wave 35 also? And what about the Mark VI? Boxset, maybe?

Wake me up when these start showing up in stores.

I stopped by TRU to check for wave 6, and my friend who works there found listings in their computer for Iron Man minimate S1 and S2. So maybe there will be another set later in the summer like they did with the Wolverine movie minimates.

he didnt happen to say when they might be coming out,did he?