UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

I was at a K-Mart yesterday checking their clearance stuff and I found a megablocks Iron Man 2 Hall of Armor set in their regular section that I thought you all would like:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3933179

It looks like a great foundation for showing old and new Iron Man movie minimates. The spacing for the foot holds looks perfect and there is a background picture of 4 different suits (all made or being made as minis). Also, this would be easily built upon to add a second and third level of suits. I'm all over this for a minimate display.

-Vox

Edited by The Vox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at a K-Mart yesterday checking their clearance stuff and I found a megablocks Iron Man 2 Hall of Armor set in their regular section that I thought you all would like:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3933179

It looks like a great foundation for showing old and new Iron Man movie minimates. The spacing for the foot holds looks perfect and there is a background picture of 4 different suits (all made or being made as minis). Also, this would be easily built upon to add a second and third level of suits. I'm all over this for a minimate display.

-Vox

It's a nice set, would need some tweaking to make work and is horribly over priced perhaps when when they inevitably go on clearance it might be worth looking at.

T.

It's a nice set, would need some tweaking to make work and is horribly over priced perhaps when when they inevitably go on clearance it might be worth looking at.

T.

And they ALWAYS end up on clearance in my area. The smaller "Aerial Attack" have some nice "Stark" printed pieces, but are also overpriced if that is all you want from them.

On the Hall of Armor set, that big plastic head piece would have to go. Anyone know if it is easily detachable from the base?

Eh, this isn't so bad. I promised my Mom that Monday's DCUC and *this Weds* minimates would be my last toy expenses for some time, but since they are coming out next week she's fine with it. Gonna have to have a full case of Singles held, though. :P

Of course, this is all dependent on me NOT getting Evil-Lyn or Hordak from MOTUC. :lol:

T.

And they ALWAYS end up on clearance in my area. The smaller "Aerial Attack" have some nice "Stark" printed pieces, but are also overpriced if that is all you want from them.

On the Hall of Armor set, that big plastic head piece would have to go. Anyone know if it is easily detachable from the base?

My wife surprised me with this set last night. The big plastic head piece is only attached by flat building block pieces so it is not necessary at all. The armor display sections are very close to perfect size.. minimal adjustments should make it perfect. It does come with a few Stark Stickers and lots of tools that will add nicely to any Iron Man display. Price was high but I was spoiled with it.. so no complaints here. The little fire blasts that shoot from the feet and hands are interesting.. the hands fire pieces are too big for minis and the feet pieces are a little too deep but can be easily filed to fit. WARNING: If you have not used Megabloks before, be warned that they are not the quality of some other block sets.. you may have problems getting certain brinks to stay together.. I use a handful of black legos to strengthen this set for display.

Next step is to get some additional bricks and build two more levels of display.. I may continue the theme and put minimate pictures as the backdrop to the other suit holding sections..

Those IM2 mates can not get here fast enough! :) happy to wait for the best movie line out there.

ANYONE KNOW WHEN THIS SET IS HITTING STORES?

Vox

Edited by The Vox

Eh, this isn't so bad. I promised my Mom that Monday's DCUC and *this Weds* minimates would be my last toy expenses for some time, but since they are coming out next week she's fine with it.

I've been meaning to ask, but would your mother consider adopting a 34 year old?

Eh, this isn't so bad. I promised my Mom that Monday's DCUC and *this Weds* minimates would be my last toy expenses for some time, but since they are coming out next week she's fine with it.

I've been meaning to ask, but would your mother consider adopting a 34 year old?

Well my uncle and his tw kids moved back in with my grandparents and my Mom is helluvalot pissed about that, this being the second time he's pulled this. So doing the same to her might be a tad...much?? ;)

Sadly, living as an assistant teacher in NJ, her job is now on our cut list thanks to Chris Christie's new budget plan. So she'll most likely lose her job, which means i have a lot of cutting bck on everything to do. :(

I am starting to sell out of my IM2 Single Pack pre-orders, so I went to Diamond to order more, and they only had 3 cases left... Needless to say, I bought the last 3 cases, but I can't believe these sold out before they even arrived anywhere! I wonder if they will produce some more?

I am starting to sell out of my IM2 Single Pack pre-orders, so I went to Diamond to order more, and they only had 3 cases left... Needless to say, I bought the last 3 cases, but I can't believe these sold out before they even arrived anywhere! I wonder if they will produce some more?

I think you know the answer to that one Luke. :no:

Luke, thats funny that you got the last three cases, I asked my comic guy to get another case and he said they were sold out on the diamond order website.

He is selling me the entire case so its not so bad on my behalf.

I suppose that's good news for the line, but not necessary for collectors.

Luke, I'm assuming that hasn't happened to you with any other wave yet?

That is correct, I have yet to see a minimate product sell out at Diamond before it ever hits shelves. Even popular waves like Series 28 were still available to order for almost a month after their release. Although the IM2 single packs did have a lower run than a normal wave, which is why they are sold out now. I think DST might have underestimated how popular these would be.

But... But all pre-orders will be fulfilled, right? *puppy dog eyes at Luke* I need my army of stuff for Iron Man to fight!

I think DST were testing the waters with these somewhat, and have probably been caught out by demand.

I do love getting a case of these army builders like Cylons and T2, because it's the only time these days that you get the case boxes. I haven't seen any pics of any artwork for the single packs or the case box yet, though.

But... But all pre-orders will be fulfilled, right? *puppy dog eyes at Luke* I need my army of stuff for Iron Man to fight!

Definitely! I am guaranteed all of the cases I have ordered from Diamond, and most of them will be arriving tomorrow. :)

I have yet to see a minimate product sell out at Diamond before it ever hits shelves. Even popular waves like Series 28 were still available to order for almost a month after their release. Although the IM2 single packs did have a lower run than a normal wave, which is why they are sold out now. I think DST might have underestimated how popular these would be.

I blame io9. :P

I am now becoming very excited for the army builder drones myself. Sure, some of us purists may find the divergence from the basic Minimate design a bit dodgy, but I for one kinda like how the look. I just hope I'm not the only kid in the city going after that shortpacked Justin Hammer.