UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Back from the dead!

Here's a convenient link to all TRU Galactica stuff.

It says the ship date for the first series is July 14th and series 2 is August 30th with the ships as September 6th. Sounds like there's no question now if they'll continue with a second wave.

On a side note, I love how DST tries to hold back some info to add some drama to things in the reveals, yet TRU just throws it all out there.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason they make me think of how well Speed Racer Minimates did at TRU. :(

No Racetrack :(

Or New Caprica Tigh.

Yeah, but they used his head in wave 2.

No Romo Lampkin

No Season 4 Baltar

No Hotdog (but used the outfit for Adama)

Changed Apollo's outfit

Changed Starbucks outfit

Added more to Cavil

Still a nice series though. Here are some pics to compare:

Canceled wave pics:

Old Reference pics:

Small old package shot:

Actually, Hot Dog is included in the Viper (which looks weird without a flight suit on him).

which is the correct Starbuck face? AA's diorama (http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/06/battlestar-galactica-epic-battlegrounds/#more-775) has one face and TRU (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3531487) has another?

Edited by pioad

Both ships look awesome!! I am just as excited about the ships as I am for BSG coming back all together!!

I will jump at anything designed for minis to sit in. I'll probably buy a few of these to be used with other mates from other lines.. Maybe paint one green and have Abin Sur crash in it.. Or paint one yellow, blue and red and glue a robot arm to it so superman can use it to move kryptonite in space... j.k. but seriously:

A mini Javelin (with a backend that doesn't fall off),

Mini Quinjet,

Mini Blackbird,

Trek Shuttle craft,

but I digress.. I am just stoked to have so much TRU news for Minis! Now if they could only pick up a few DC Universe box sets in all this craziness.. then I would probably need the paddles to be brought back in to electro shock me back to coherency.

Vox

I wonder how long DST had been sitting on this news. It wasn't two weeks ago that a Q&A led us to believe that BSG was pretty much stalled out. Obviously Chuck wouldn't want to let out the news before the contracts were signed, but he seemed to go out of his way to tamp down any hope or expectations.

I'm starting to wonder if there really may be a Trek-related surprise in our future...

With all this TRU MiniMates news, it sure would be nice to see DC Direct working with TRU to offer DC MiniMates!

I, too, would need a jolt to wake up from the shock of it! But it actually seems possible, DC Direct products are available to TRU (Watchmen and some older DC Direct closeout items - Crisis and Long Halloween). MiniMates are close to having their own space in TRU.

At my TRU, the MiniMates are on different aisles. Marvel MiniMates with the Hasbro product and T2 MiniMates with the Playmates product. I'm guessing BSG will be with the DST 7" figure product, and Ghostbusters will probably be close by as well.

I can't wait to see TRU late in the summer with all the different MiniMates products planned! If only, DC MiniMates could resurface in some way... :D

I'm convinced that amongst my heap I have some BSG 'spacecraft' that were thrown in from an ebay-seller who sold me a shit-load* of Cylons, I'll hunt them out in the next 24 & you can tell me WTF they are!

* somebody tell me what they would consider to be 'a shit-load of Cylons' that would be worth photographing & if it is realistically possible I'll provide. :biggrin:

I for one am glad that there are some new mates to grab my attention.

Sadly these won't be available in the UK, i suppose.

Woohoo for BSG!! I mean, wave 1 looks great, wave 2 looks INCREDILBE (great character choices, better modding, and finally i'll have an Ellen Tigh!!), and we finally get mini-fliers, which i am positive will sell to children. On top of that, the minifliers have "exclusives;" Dress Coat (for some odd reason) Hot Dog and GOLD Centurion (mad awsome. :thumsup:

As you can see, i'm glad the minimates got me into the show, and even more glad that the show made me die-hard for the minimates. :lol: Can't wait; bring 'em on, TRU!!

Crap. Just realized that i'm gonna be flat broke now. Dammit, TRU!!

I was thinking on the way to work today that nothing here is a new design/mold. They are all already made designs. Maybe if they sell well we will get brand new stuff for wave 3. Anybody else notice this?

No extra man hours went into the designs, they just had to get the factories to make them.

The last two waves were clearanced...

I'm having trouble recalling a wave of Minimates that wasn't clearanced somewhere.

... and the show is now off air...

Until this fall, when SyFy will air episodes from the Cylon perspective. Then there's syndication and the persistent rumor of a feature film. Kinda like that other popular sci-fi franchise from the 60's that continues to generate merchandise.

... half of these are character redo's or civilian looking mates (anyone else noticed the one line of marvel that is pegwarming is the wolverine wave that suffers the same costume issue?)

Different fanbase. BSG fans expect the characters to look like that. Marvel fans expect their characters to look like brightly colored circus performers. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) That and most comments I've read about the Wolverine movie was that it sucked.

Just sayin'.

Oh man! Just saw all the wave two and mini-flyers stuff and holy FRAK this is GREAT! I hope my TRU stays up on getting all the minimates in!

I just have to say how awesome it is that even with all the support my wife has for me in my collecting, how immensely excited my wife is for BSG minimates. Of all my stuff those are her favorite so she is overjoyed that these are coming back!

Wife excited about toys = :thumbsup:

Edited by gambitron

O.K., I've finally calmed-down enough to post (been buzzing since noon). This news is simply unbelievable; not only are we getting the majority of the lost 'mates (and a few new), but Vipers and Raiders as well?!? Wow. This is going to be one frak'in expensive Summer for me personally (though I'm not complaining)!!

The asst.s look great, though I kind of wish that Anders would have been paired with an army-builder as I'd like to use that base for modding all of my male pilots. Looks like I'm going to have quite a few extra Torys. Athena is perfect as she is paired with a simple Centurian.

Now to the part that has me torn. Leave it to me to get everything I wanted, and yet find something to bitch about: the vehicles. Don't get me wrong, no-one is as stoked about these than me (I've been relentlessly-whining for these since Series 1). However, $14.99 each? I think these really are worth more like $10.99. This might frighten a few people from purchasing multiples (though I still intend to get at least 4-5 Vipers and 8 Raiders *queasy from the realization that I'll be dropping $200 on vehicles alone*). While I personally would have preferred a Mark II Viper (more iconic hybrid of the classic) to this seldom seen Mark VII, it's understandable since it's what was proto-typed earlier and it looks distinctly different from the classic series Viper that was being shown at the same time. The 'lil 'name-plate' is a nice touch too (more points awarded if we get other pilots' names on a sticker-sheet!). I'm thrilled to be getting HotDog, but I'd rather he had been in a two-pack plus he's flying a Viper in Dress Uniform...huh? Somebody more recognizable like Starbuck or Apollo might have been a better choice to sell this. I personally don't care, as I have plenty of extra pilot bodies (though mostly Raptor pilots) and will just use the fodder HotDogs to 'dress' my other pilots. Still, odd choice for those who may not have already been collecting these. The Raider I have no qualms with other than I would have rather it come with a simple Cylon Centurian for army-building. The "gold" is interesting, but not very canon (neither is the "stealth")...oh well.

One thing that does intrigue me is the fact that these are listed as "Vehicle Series 1". While it may mean nothing at all, does anyone else think that there might actually be a Series 2 (Classic or perhaps something we've never seen before)??

Edited by cdubya

Minimate vehicles! Kind of wish they weren't "super deformed," but still pretty cool. Gives me hope for a Minimat-ized Ecto-1 and Delorian.

You're complaining that these are super deformed?!? Why don't you ask for noses, thumbs, and toes XD

I'm also hoping that there will be a sticker sheet for other names, but what to do with all of those extra Hot Dogs :ohmy:

I admit I was too giddy when I first posted to look for the obvious title name. I have changed the sub-title, but didn't change the title to advoid any confusion.

And to comment on BHM's post about TRU not eating their losses, I'm not sure if you've been to a TRU store here in the states or not, but there are always tons of toys that peg and shelf warm that never seem to go back to a company. I don't know if it's done on a case by case basis, but if they can return unsold stock whenever they don't seem to do it (yes, Indiana Jones toys, I'm talking about you).

I've actually seen some TRU exclusives at Ross (a second hand store), so whatever they need to get rid of will be passed down. Which reminds me, I need to go make a post in the GI Joe forum XD

Edited by Dio