• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh* To recap:

Ben Grimm (4%, 64 Votes)

Beyonder (13%, 193 Votes)

Beyonder (Energy Form) (6%, 86 Votes)

Captain Marvel (15%, 232 Votes)

Captain Marvel (Energy Form) (2%, 24 Votes)

Dr Doom (11%, 166 Votes)

Molecule Man (13%, 198 Votes)

Spider-Woman (9%, 132 Votes)

Storm (14%, 213 Votes)

Symbiote Bond Spider-Man (13%, 203 Votes)

I guess I/we really do have no choice and resign ourselves to a final lineup with a Spider-Man in it. (Of course, the poll still has around 22 days left.) Like battlecat said, different kinds of fans/Minimate buyers voted in this poll. The way I see it (and this is just my personal opinion), these are the main factions (with a little overlap) warring it out:

-The longtime/consummate collectors who are sick of yet another Spidey variant

-The casual buyers/Minimate newbies who have no idea there are already 30+ Spidey variants in existence

-The completely impartial/level-headed guys who sincerely believe this variant is a must-have in a Secret Wars set

-The rabid Spidey fanboys

Honestly I feel we just need to take a step back and look at what we're doing: we're possibly devolving into a flame war and compromising the good-natured vibes of this board over a Spider-Man variant. Can't we just agree to disagree, learn to accept whatever final lineup emerges from this poll, and move on?

Valo... dude... Tonight is your night. :angry:

I have started a reply TWICE now, trying to rip your argument, and by extension, you, apart. But each time I started, you made me SO... I seriously can not... Just... Dude, PLEASE shut up! :wallbash:

Accept the facts that:

1) Spidey WILL be in the box set

2) It is NOT a conspiracy theory

3) This is a fan poll. Fans are voting. It isn't listed in ToyFare, or on CNN.com. It's on some back woods hick website for a product line that the rest of the world barely cares about (Sorry Matt&Chuck. :( ) Since this is a Fan Poll, and Fans are voting, and Spidey is willing, the fact is trust towards you that FANS LIKE THIS SPIDEY!!! If he was black, maybe not. If he was read, probably a lot less likely. But this is a variant on a vital look that we have never had before pertaining both to the comic book in general, and to THIS BOX SET. He belongs there.

4) There is no conspiracy. There is no plot. There is (probably) no double voting, seeing as how Matt said they had a script error, fixed it and adjusted it. So they ARE watching the poll to fix he issue.

5) Your OPINION that "Storm is a popular character with an iconic look" and that you already have a Spidey and don't need another one DOESN"T MEAN JACK if 15 people disagree with you. You keep stating that we can't get a true feel for this poll. If everyone HAD picked their top 4, do you realize Spidey would most likely be in the #1 spot right now? This IS the poll. These ARE the choices. Spidey IS that popular.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it. Ugh, thanks for reminding me why I stay off the TF boards. :down:

As tempting as it is to respond to you in the same rude and self-important way as you did to me, I am not going to because as I have seen from my discussion with battlecat that it is possible to have civil discussions about a topic you don't agree on. I'll stick that in my pipe and smoke it thank you. I had originally written a post lamenting that you felt the need to chime in and turn a civil discussion into a far too common petulant fanboy rant, but after reading the last few posts, I deleted it. I've my opinion, and so do you. I have said my piece and have nothing to add until it's over and we discover who has made it.

Thank you for setting me straight, why would I ever DREAM to disagree with you, on an open message board? Opinions are no good, thank you sir for showing me the light.

To battlecat I say sincerely: Thank you, would that more people with a computer and an opinion could express it as politely and eloquently as you have. Kudos.

Edited by Valo487

Can't we just agree to disagree, learn to accept whatever final lineup emerges from this poll, and move on?

This is very zen, I accept this advice............... as long as Storm makes it into the set :P

To battlecat I say sincerely: Thank you

No worries dude, my only enemy in this thing is that Michael Jackson Beyonder... :)

I am a huge Spidey fan. I like the variant but I did not vote for it. I am interested in more characters being made. I voted for Captain Marvel. If this turns out to be the final four it will still be a great set. If you sub Spidey for the Beyonder this is what I was going to vote for when I thought you got four choices not 1.

Captain Marvel (15%, 232 Votes)

Molecule Man (13%, 198 Votes)

Storm (14%, 213 Votes)

Symbiote Bond Spider-Man (13%, 203 Votes)

As tempting as it is to respond to you in the same rude and self-important way as you did to me, I am not going to because as I have seen from my discussion with battlecat that it is possible to have civil discussions about a topic you don't agree on. I'll stick that in my pipe and smoke it thank you. I had originally written a post lamenting that you felt the need to chime in and turn a civil discussion into a far too common petulant fanboy rant, but after reading the last few posts, I deleted it. I've my opinion, and so do you. I have said my piece and have nothing to add until it's over and we discover who has made it.

Thank you for setting me straight, why would I ever DREAM to disagree with you, on an open message board? Opinions are no good, thank you sir for showing me the light.

To battlecat I say sincerely: Thank you, would that more people with a computer and an opinion could express it as politely and eloquently as you have. Kudos.

You're right man. I shouldn't have laid into you like that. All I saw when I looked at your post was a whiny fanboy crying because he didn't like what other people were doing. I didn't look deeper and see that there might be an actual reasoning to your discontentment. I'm sorry for taking it all out on you. Pax? :highfive2:

Sad that Doom isn't making it.

Really, he needs to be made along with Beyonder, Marvel, Molecule and Storm.

Save the energy versions for later (if ever) and scrap that hokey Spider-Man. Ben Grimm would make a nice mail away or something if they'd lose those bulky shoulderpads.

You're right man. I shouldn't have laid into you like that. All I saw when I looked at your post was a whiny fanboy crying because he didn't like what other people were doing. I didn't look deeper and see that there might be an actual reasoning to your discontentment. I'm sorry for taking it all out on you. Pax? :highfive2:

No worries man, I only was bothered because I was trying not to be one of those people whining about stuff online, haha. I do like that Spidey to be honest with you, I just wish we could see him in a two pack one day with Vulture, Electro, Boomerang, even Anti-Venom. No matter what happens though, I'm glad we all got the chance to pick a minimate, I hope they continue to do these sorts of online polls. Peace sir. :)

Damn it I was enjoying that :D

Strange thing is* I voted Storm but would have voted for the Spidey next & I am in the 'too many already' camp! I really liked that particular 'off the wall' (on the wall maybe?) version.

*anybody else notice that I start so many sentences with those three words??? Strange thing is....I've only just noticed . :(

Strange thing is* I voted Storm but would have voted for the Spidey next & I am in the 'too many already' camp! I really liked that particular 'off the wall' (on the wall maybe?) version.

*anybody else notice that I start so many sentences with those three words??? Strange thing is....I've only just noticed . :(

Strange thing is I never noticed.

Sad that Doom isn't making it.

Really, he needs to be made along with Beyonder, Marvel, Molecule and Storm.

Save the energy versions for later (if ever) and scrap that hokey Spider-Man. Ben Grimm would make a nice mail away or something if they'd lose those bulky shoulderpads.

agreed on all fronts, good sir.

I wanted that doom. looks like I won't be getting him though. =(

lest dst wants to give me an early birthday present :D

Strange thing is I never noticed.

Strange thing is that we listen to BHM. ;)

Hmm...i suddenly smell cheese...

how many times are we allowed to go on and vote? It only let me choose one, and as bad as I want a punk Storm and Secret Wars Dr. Doom I had to vote for Molecule Man

You can only vote for one mate once. Some people have tried to rack up false votes, but DST / AA have caught on and made adjustments accordingly.

how many times are we allowed to go on and vote? It only let me choose one, and as bad as I want a punk Storm and Secret Wars Dr. Doom I had to vote for Molecule Man

You can only vote for one mate once. Some people have tried to rack up false votes, but DST / AA have caught on and made adjustments accordingly.

Yes. Yes they did. And in that building math is taught as:

1 Molecule Man vote=38 Symbiote Bond Spidey votes. :wallbash:

If only there were some way to get that Doom out of 6th place and into 4th place without those top three being knocked out... but that's just wishful thinking

As it is on the brain at the moment, DST should consider a Secret Wars box set with characters who were old Secret Wars action figures from the 80s--wacky Doom, updated brown Wolverine, updated Doc Ock in green/yellow spandex, and another Spidey (or Kang). I would buy it.

Edited by karamazov80

Look who's in 4th.

# Ben Grimm (4%, 66 Votes)

# Beyonder (13%, 210 Votes)

# Beyonder (Energy Form) (5%, 88 Votes)

# Captain Marvel (15%, 238 Votes)

# Captain Marvel (Energy Form) (2%, 25 Votes)

# Dr Doom (11%, 175 Votes)

# Molecule Man (14%, 220 Votes)

# Spider-Woman (9%, 142 Votes)

# Storm (14%, 222 Votes)

# Symbiote Bond Spider-Man (13%, 215 Votes)

When's the cut off on this going to be and the lineup foramlly announced.

And can we find 60 more people to vote for Dr. Doom before then? (seems more reasonable than trying to find 150 to vote for Ben Grimm)

Okay, 6... 6 more people to vote for the Disco suit. It's not a first choice, but it edges Spidey out of the set. (I can not believe I am encouraging voting for the guy who plagued every title I read for a whole year with pointless appearances, annoying the frak outah me back in the day.)

Has anyone considered the possibility that we want Spidey in this set so it will sell well to casual fans at TRU? If it sells well, they are much more likely to request more box sets like this in the future. If it sells poorly, we may never see one again.