UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Wars Box Set

drgnrbrn316

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And works for non-North Am people, who course never got an invite because we never ordered from TRU.com due to that whole pesky North-Am only thing...

Unfortunately it's a pesky America only thing, not a North America one. Until the U.S. invades us for our fresh water, Canada is a no-ship zone too. Sure it's all "you're basically the 51st state," until we want a bloody package delivered........... but I digress.

Mwa! Mwaha! Mwahahahahahaha!!!!!

Okay, I'm done. Mission accomplished.

<Kaye> Oh you will paaay for that, traitor! Yeeeeess! </Kaye>

She lead the pack out of the gate, but it seems Captain Marvel has stalled out. Storm is now edging her by two votes, Spidey by one. Molecule Man and Beyonder are nipping at her heels, just ten votes back.

The tally is:

Storm: 251

Spidey: 250

Captain Marvel: 249

Molecule Man: 238

Beyonder: 237

Everyone else: still a ways back

Let's use those "bonus" votes at the computer lab wisely, y'all. ;)

Edited by Lobsterman

Blasted Static IP!

Somebody fake Monica some votes, huh? I'm beggin' ya!

Beggin'! :blink:

Awww man - i'll be bummed if Monica & Ororo don't get in.

I even asked a mate at work to vote as well, but it seems that every computer where i work has the same IP.

Edit: Do we know if/how the Toys'R'Us poll is effecting the results so far?

Edited by Nessex

But as has been said before, the figure would be Beyonder from Secret Wars II, which really wouldn't make much sense in a "Secret Wars I" set (though "energy form" might work, it has next to no chance of being in the "final 4").

Though I know they won't do it, I would love for the box to be a Minimat-ized version of Mike Zeck's Secret Wars #1 cover.

Edited by karamazov80

It would be pretty lame to have a Secret Wars set without the Beyonder. He was what we call "crucial" to that storyline. Way more so than every other canidate.

Unless you count Beyonder-possessing-Klaw, the only actual physical appearance the Beyonder had in Secret Wars was as a Glowing Kirby Ball that took his power back from Doom. Of course, I wouldn't complain if there were a Glowing Kirby Ball accessory included in the set.

And of course, it's another plank in my "Klaw should have been a choice!" platform.

Though I know they won't do it, I would love for the box to be a Minimat-ized version of Mike Zeck's Secret Wars #1 cover.

Seconded.

And could they also do the villains' cover as a set too?

While we're dreaming...

As it is just called "Secret Wars" and does not specify itself as Secret Wars 1, anyone from any Secret Wars should be fair game, and thus the truest physical form of the Beyonder should be thrown in there.

:-) That's lawyer talk.

But yeah, I'd rather have a Klaw too.

Maybe we should lobby for a villians starting with K.

As it is just called "Secret Wars" and does not specify itself as Secret Wars 1, anyone from any Secret Wars should be fair game, and thus the truest physical form of the Beyonder should be thrown in there.

:-) That's lawyer talk.

Well, legally then, "Secret Wars 1" wasn't called that, it was just called Secret Wars. Secret Wars II is referred to by its own title, as a separate entity (not that Marvel seem to bring it up much, since it only tarnishes the original). Also the poll does actually specify itself as referring to the initial miniseries:

AA Blog: "...all ten potential Minimates have been taken from one of the most popular Marvel events of all time - Secret Wars! [...] Spanning the twelve-issue Secret Wars,..."

In fact, even the character description below the SWII Beyonder mate only refers to his part in the original series.

Any other witnesses, counsellor? :)

Well, a little under three days of this madness remains (it seemed like such a fun idea at first... :P).

Spidey and Storm are tied for the lead with 255

Captain Marvel is hanging on with 251

Molecule Man squeaks in with 241

Beyonder is hoping for an upset with 238

I could be happy with this lineup. Of course, TRU's poll could throw these numbers all to hell.

Edited by Lobsterman

Damn shame that there's no Beyonder or Secret Wars-specific Doctor Doom in there.

A real damn shame.

If we can get two people who haven't voted to squeeze in a tie between MM and Beyonder we could see where AA/DST takes this. I'd hope for a 5-pack, but you never know with them.

Don't forget about the TRU poll, though. For all we know we could get MY dream-set of Spider-woman, Ben Grimm, Doctor Doom, and Energy-form Beyonder. And then i'd be happy. :blush: